SITE REVIEW: www.sell-your-art.co.uk

• burger
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • burger
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would love comments on the site I am working on. Not to harsh please, I don't do this for a living.

There seems to be a few errors in validation I can not work out. Ideas would be great

http://www.sell-your-art.co.uk
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. It's clean, simply, and straightforward. You're color scheme works well, the content is well-positioned, and the overall design is pleasing to the eye.

You might want to consider making the link of the current page disabled in your top navigation. Also, try making your top navigation links bold, and see how it looks. I also think the top nav links would look better if the text was raised up a few pixels so that the text is inline with the colored squares.

One little quirk I found: you have a few strange lines that appear above the links at the very bottom of your pages. This only seems to happen in Firefox; IE6 does not show them.

Check my comments in your validation thread on how to fix your errors.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not too harsh he say's. Please, the way you lined everything up perfectly, used just the right amount of color, and left plenty of white space so not to clutter up your pages is just sickening. How dare you do a wonderful job and not leave any room for criticism. You should be ashamed of yourself.
  • burger
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • burger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thankyou both very much for the kind words. They are very well received.
  • burger
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • burger

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
I like it. It's clean, simply, and straightforward. You're color scheme works well, the content is well-positioned, and the overall design is pleasing to the eye.

You might want to consider making the link of the current page disabled in your top navigation. Also, try making your top navigation links bold, and see how it looks. I also think the top nav links would look better if the text was raised up a few pixels so that the text is inline with the colored squares.

One little quirk I found: you have a few strange lines that appear above the links at the very bottom of your pages. This only seems to happen in Firefox; IE6 does not show them.

Check my comments in your validation thread on how to fix your errors.

Thanks for the comments, because the site runs on a script with a main template that holds the other pages and all the page links are in this main template I am unable to disable current page link.

I made the toplinks bold and they did not look good, so i made them black. I have redone the top menu with CSS. Looks better now.

I fixed the lines on the bottom menu, just a leftover CSS tag.

Thanks
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very very nice. It's good and clean, the graffics don't distract you from the content. But at the same time, the first thing I saw was the colored pencil photo in your banner and thought it was pretty cool. The graffics enhance the content rather than take away from it.
  • ttrium
  • ttrium
  • Loc: Spring, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice layout mate.
  • websoftgroup
  • websoftgroup
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

burger wrote:
I would love comments on the site I am working on. Not to harsh please, I don't do this for a living.

There seems to be a few errors in validation I can not work out. Ideas would be great

http://www.sell-your-art.co.uk

I like it, very simple but with class.
Suggestion, do not start charging right away, take it from me get more members then charge
  • idanoms

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very clean and classic. I really like the pencils photo but your logo "sell your art" isnt placed correctly in my opinion. Maybe place it a bit lower instead of the user login and make it more dominant. In overall looks good and nicely layed out.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers