SITE REVIEW: www.sharabash.com/zudo

• zudo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • zudo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I was hoping to have a clean site with tons of content. It seems, that it's really boring though, their is something missing to the "wow this site is the coolest site ever because it has good content and looks good!" yah right. ermmm what?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a couple of things I'd like to offer:

1. Your graphics should really be gif's, not jpg's.

2. I'm not sure that kristen ITC is a widely used font. It might be a good idea to cite alternatives.

3. I'd consider consolidating some of the pages. It seems like you're trying to space things out too much.

4. The frameset felt awkard to me beacuse I had to scroll to see all of the menu options.

Sorry for the bulleted points. :oops: Hope they help though.
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

-I had the same problem with DM about the top frame navigation link thing... I'm not much of a fan of frames though.

-The site didn't really work in Firefox, when I go there, your logo is in the middle of the page with a white background, and the links in the top frame didn't work (i clciked them and nothing happened) I had to open IE to use your site, but other might not think about and just think your site is supposed to be like that.

-On your pages where you have a larg chunk of text (like links in your thoughts section) you should move your text just a little bit down, the angled lin where it comes up to the right almost cuts off the first letter of the text, it just looks kinda weird. You should also maybe add a title to those pages, in the empty space where the angled line comes up, just so people know where they are (in case the get direct link, or just get a bit lost, etc.)

-Also when I click on a link I get a flash of white, with text, then the background loads. Not sure if this is just me, or if this can be easily fixed.
  • stevegmag
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just getting back into message board reviews... hope you think it's relevant.

Google PageRank : 1/10

1) not sure I'd use frames at all especially with DHTML popup menus. If your server is set up to use some kinda server-parsed scripting language or SSI, you can just use a file include so you don't have to duplicate the nav on every page

2) you need to set a background-color on your content pages so at least the color will fill the page until your background image loads

3) optimize your images, check out how they look as gif and if the file size is smaller

4) there's no page title!

5) put your css and javascript in external files, much easier to maintain a site that way and it keeps things consistant

6) if you can, you need to test this on a series of browsers and platforms,
don't build just for PC IE.

Google hates # 1 & 4
  • zudo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • zudo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reviews so far,

Quote:
you can just use a file include so you don't have to duplicate the nav on every page

The menu is in a frame, I'm not duplicatiing it, but how do I include it?

2.I thought I set the background color to black, I'll check on that

Quote:
put your css and javascript in external files, much easier to maintain a site that way and it keeps things consistant

Ermm, how?

4.I'm reworking my website, so don't expect the changes imediattley

sorry for my newbiness about includes
Thanks for the help!
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

To include a CSS file go like this in your head tags (where you script is now)

Code: [ Select ]
<link rel="stylesheet" href="template.css" type="text/css">

and make another file called "template.css" and have all your css stuff in there. Just copy what you have inbetween your script tags on your current page into the new template.css file. BUT don't put the <script> tags in.

And then you only need that one line of code (the one above) in all your HTML files to have those properties.

This is a good way to totally change the way a site and all the pages look, with only haveing to change one file.

javascript, I figure, wouldn't be much different.
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

For JavaScript but a lnk in the <head>

Code: [ Select ]
<script src="file.js" type="text/javascript">

Then just save the script in a file with a .js extension (you can do this in any text editor).

Personally I only stick JS in a seperate file if there is a lot of it and it makes the page hard to look through, or if it is used repeatedly in different pages.
  • zudo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • zudo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I would like comments on the design. Also, what should I have to get more visitors? and keep them coming again? Should I make something more apparent? One more thing, if you go to
Logo-> portfoilio/art
The submentu over there only works in IE, can someone view the code and fix it? thanks
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

//Merged
Zudo there is no need to start a new topic, it's the same site you posted in this original topic.
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Erm, after reviewing the site, i feel that its quite "spacious". probably you are just lack of content as u know it quite well. Just get more thigns and don't let it to be too 'clean". Neat thou. ya.. add more graphics ? i hope to see imrpovment soon. yehz? :D
  • oasis30
  • oasis30
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I can only comment on the design aspects, not on the technical side of things, you are creative as far as the logos and poetry. I enjoyed seeing them.

I have a DSL connection and it still took minutes instead of seconds for some of the images to load.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers