SITE REVIEW: www.shoutingtees.com

• Sean77771
  • Sean77771

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. I started up this business a month or so ago. I sell funny/custom t-shirts. Would you please review my site so I know what it is that I should change? I feel as though it seems a bit unprofessional. Thanks.

http://www.shoutingtees.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• xoog
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xoog

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I think the site seems a bit unprofessional too -

The main problems I see with the site are:
- too many colours... tip: strictly stick to a certain colours scheme
useful site: http://www.colorcombos.com/combolibrary.html

- in my opinion youve chosen the wrong shopping cart software, or used it inneficiently ... try to split your tees into categories rather than having them all in one category (the software was designed too look good with seperate categories)

- the header of the homepage is wrong, particularly the repetitive backround which is quite distracting

for the type of site your operating i think its best if you get a good designer who has had experience with e-commerce before, take a look at this site, they seem to have got the formula right:
http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml
  • flavian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flavian

Post 3+ Months Ago

keep font color minmum to at least two colors. Kind of looks cheap or childish...
  • kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't mean any offense but I don't like the site:
-it hurts one's eye to look at the banner
-too much differentiation in font size, style and color...
you should try to keep it the way you have the "site news" formatted, that looks good I think
-the html code doesn't validate with w3.org
-the statement "Join our affiliate program and make $$$" IMHO decreases the site's credibility..
-the button on the right side is very unprofessional, besides I'm always against using graphics instead of real text. Also, it has a blue "link" border around it which looks bad and lacks the ALT tag.
-It seems to me that something is wrong with the layout itself.. the alignment of the divs or tables? Something is a little off in the background

but don't be discouraged by this... a little work and it's gonna be much better!
Good louck with further development!
  • Sean77771
  • Sean77771

Post 3+ Months Ago

No offense taken...this is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. Do you guys know anywhere I could get some business templates? Preferably cheap or free.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.oswd.org/
http://www.openwebdesign.org/
  • money_mike
  • money_mike

Post 3+ Months Ago

i as well started a t shirt company and i recommend you use sitespinner to create a site because it is easy to use and also make the site more basic. Because i realized that simple sites are usually better. Take google for example the first page is so simple and blank yet so good looking

Jeff
  • Sean77771
  • Sean77771

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I'm gonna put the site through a major overhaul. Any thoughts?
  • tarikdw1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarikdw1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im not a webmaster but as a internet surfer i think i would click on it and go else where not very proffessional but i found some templates at ://www.webuildpages.com/web-design/portal-web-templates.htm

Good Luck
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes it does seem unprofectional, u need to get all of the things into the right order, for example your banner and some of your writing go off the main white part of the page which you have in the middle, however i like the red and white idea, good luck on this site. hope i have helped.
  • Sean77771
  • Sean77771

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, the site has been totally revamped and is up and running. Check it out and let me know if it's better than before!
  • aboutwhat57
  • aboutwhat57

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just checked out the site, looks good. I have a couple suggestions, the green bar at the top, take out the lines in it and maybe make it a green thats not so neonish, unless you like that type of green.

Other then that one thing, I like the site, and yes it does look profession. Hope business is going well.h
  • Sean77771
  • Sean77771

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, well I fixed a few bugs and layout problems and tested it on IE, Netscape, Firefox, and Opera and the layout isn't as screwy as it was before.
  • Sean77771
  • Sean77771

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any other suggestions?
  • Meg Dilts
  • Born
  • Born
  • Meg Dilts

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, a few things do seem unprofessional. I think Firefox delivers much more accurate results.
  • appraisal57
  • Born
  • Born
  • appraisal57

Post 3+ Months Ago

I noticed that your contact button does not have a rollover effect like the others.
  • Sean77771
  • Sean77771

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone else?
  • p4ddym
  • Born
  • Born
  • p4ddym
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

The red background is sort of distracting. Also a lot of the images are poor quality.
Your products page has no organization and the table layout looks unprofessional.
That is only some of my problems with the site.

Good Luck with your site :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers