SITE REVIEW: www.simonfox.org

• koppaspider
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • koppaspider
  • Loc: Metro:Williamsport

Post 3+ Months Ago

So here is an actual template more than a website, but what do you think? Could you give me some pointers on it?

http://www.simonfox.org
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• arbit3r
  • Born
  • Born
  • arbit3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i guess simple can be better
  • David Raz
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: West coast

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow, your website looks exactly like the substance that comes out of my butt hole when i have eaten too many burritos. Imagine that...
  • rishimodi1
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

You really need to work on design and implementation of your website.

Nothing is right about your website.

The only purpose it promote Godaddy and Google Adsense. Nothing wrong with that, but ask yourself a question why any one should come to your site. No purpose, no content, no tools, no information, no design, no layout.........

Best of luck.

Regards
  • seoraja
  • seoraja

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can better request for a review after completing your site; i find some of the links still pointing to http://www.simonfox.org/#
  • primeryder
  • primeryder
  • Loc: Hawaii

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is obviously not finished and you need to add some content, I do not care if it is free reprint articles or simple rss news feeds, etc. Just put something up there. Beyond that, change the colors, spacing, layout, format and anything else that makes up a website. It is outmoded at present....good luck.
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly Simon, it looks like a FrontPage special. And there are better ways to promote the google information, such as sidebars etc. I have found visitors can get a little anxious and nervous when they see huge banners like that, especially with the plague of tracking and intruding cookies.

I have always found a good way to get ideas for design of websites is visit a template site like monstertemplates.com.

Find a design that appeals to you and use it as a base for your design. Make sure to modify it, don't just copy the template. Put your own personality in it.

Focus a little more on your code knowledge. It does make a serious difference especially in cross browser visibility. I looked at your code and your have no header information to speak of. Everything starts with good coding. Believe me I have learned that over the years. Try to work with highbred coding using both tables and div layers. I have found that to be very easy to work with in a production enviroment.
  • YFFA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, I think that the whole presentation is too dark. You should try using brighter colors to make it a little more appealing to the eyes.

Just my thoughts,
"E"
  • daydaysite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • daydaysite

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is too PLAIN and under-construction....

I think try to add some graphics button..

Add more content to rich your website. Just work it out~ Good luck
  • dorian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Albania

Post 3+ Months Ago

this page sucks man
do you know design?
the second page sucks too!
get a new job!
  • dorian
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm sorry dude but it really sucks
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay yeah ... first things first ... If I were you I'd move those google ads to either the left or the right hand side of the screen ... that would already make a huge difference.

And then ... well that background image is just too much ... it takes quite a while to download ... I'd rather suggest putting in something like a repetitive small image, which will also make the design look cleaner ...

Maybe think of preloading your rollover images so that they are loaded into the users cache before they roll over one of the buttons, otherwise it looks quite weird, because it turns blank for a second or so before the rolled over image appears.

And then like seoraja said, some of the links still refer to stevenfox.org/# which is never a very good thing (having useless links)

But I'm telling you now dude ... If you take those ads away or move them or something, it's allready gonna look like a whole new site ...

I've just got a question for you though ... what are you designing in?
  • dorian
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

now i think it is a little better
go easy with the background
too many ads
place ads left or right or bottom maybe
i think that first you should build the site,let some people come and then you can place some ads(you aren't going to be a millionare with google ads)
  • theecuatraveler
  • theecuatraveler

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, but the ads at the top draw most of the attention.
  • SawanM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SawanM

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to center your content
  • lorinnicole

Post 3+ Months Ago

that background is not working at all, I'm sorry. Its a neat picture, but not background material. I like what you got going on with the rolloevers at the top. But those too just aren't working with the background. Change that, and add to the content, it'll look alot better

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers