SITE REVIEW: www.sirenonline.co.uk

• jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a design i have done for a student radio station. The site was done free of charge by myself. Please check it out and tell me what you think bearing in mind that some features still do not work. Many thanks

http://www.sirenonline.co.uk
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks really nice. For the coding, I'd reccomend taking the CSS into a seperate file and going XHTML compliant. It would be cool for the images at the lower right to actually link to something and rollover to a color image. I really like the way the pages come up and the search works except maybe, the search could not look like it's under news once it comes with the results.. that just struck me as something to look into. very nice :)
  • spintwo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • spintwo

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's decent. You know, padding can go a real long ways.

The main body doesn't seem balanced in respect to most of the text "leaning left"

If you changed the tab colors to smoother colors, I think the site would flow better.

All-in-all,very acceptable. 7/10
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a bad site! 8)

I'd try to re-arrange things with your navbar though. THe site looks somewhat unbalanced, you have a left navbar way at the top of the page and then the right navbar is located on the center area of the right side. I'd pull down the left navbar so that the banner/logo is at the top and all content including navbars are on either end so the site will flow perfectly.

Include an email contact for each person in case someone outside the region can't/won't call long distance

Try to keep the look and feel of your site consistent. Certain pages change slightly from others

Don't mention what sections are still under construction, it's not very professional. If sections of your site aren't complete, just hide those sections until they are ready to go live or don't publish your site until all sections are completed

Open external links in new browser windows. By opening them in the same window you're encouraging users to leave your site

I tried to continue editing this the next day but I can't access your site anymore?
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I tried to continue editing this the next day but I can't access your site anymore?

works fine for me, still up here or up again.
  • stuffski
  • Born
  • Born
  • stuffski

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a student at UCL in London and a consultant for youth projects (just as background).

Your site is well developed.

My only concern with it is that there are too many menus going on at the same time: side menus, top menus blah blah.

Its not really a problem but it takes some navigating.

On the other hand, if you have patient visitors its like a trail for them to follow.

Content wise it obviously needs to be padded out but all else is good.

£100 that would have cost.

Anyway, enjoy your project and wish you all the best

B S Benev
crarketing.com
  • alerik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: People Republic of China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the effects you putt in the site. The only problem i had was getting on your site. i had to refresh 3 times but oke.....maybe that is because i use a chinese network. Your header is very cool. What i think that will make your site even better is if you change the text 'HOUSING WEEK 2005' in a different font....wauw....but oke...that is a matter of taste i think.

I love the tabs you use. Very nice . Maybe you can put on the bottom of you page a ' Back to top' link.

Also you can spice up the sponsor page a little. It is a little like copy / past.

Furter, i love the site.....very well done.
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice looking site.
though i agree with (most) everyone who has commented. still needs a little work on the details.
other then that i think it's great ;)
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers... like the response.

The reason some of the pages (sponsors) may look a bit disorganised is because the content is copied from their old site which has nothing to do with me. I just put the new design with their old content on.

As for £100 (skuffski), is this what you mean that you would charge for the design?

Is this taking into account the email account setup, MySQL database, Content Management System, PHP coding, graphics, Logo design and uploading? If so then i will hire you to do all my dirty work in the future.

Cheers again guys
  • boiselifer
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Boise of course. =)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this is a rather good site. Nice and clean. What hits me right off the bat is lack of herarchy for the side nav areas.

Also, worked fine on all the major browsers, which I think is very important.

Overall not bad though! =-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers