SITE REVIEW: www.skybreezegames.com

• breezy25
  • breezy25
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check out our site http://www.skybreezegames.com and let me know what you think. All the artwork is original and none of the games are framed from other sites.

I'd love some feedback. Thanks!

:D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

The stars In the background are great, But everything seems so tightly squeezed together?

The Navagation bar is not to easy to spot, You perhaps could make that stand out some more.

The google adds are annoying, And they kind of look as iff they are contributing to making the sites content look all squeezed together.

The games are good and I like the colour scheme. I wish you good luck with your website.
  • Hob Bramble
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Indiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Good: it runs in Firefox 2, Maxthon 2, IE 7, Opera 9, Netscpae 9, and Lynx. Actually, it runs so well in Lynx, it shocked me. The background and banner match nicely, and the colours fit the theme well.

The Bad: Well, not quite so bad, but I agree with penguin - it's a little crowded. You could do with more white space. In addition, your page doesn't validate - 15 errors.

The Ugly: The navigation bar is hardly noticeable. Actually, at first glance, I thought the Google ads below the banner were the navigation bar, and the navigation links simply part of the banner. Also, there's a popup ad. No one like popups.

Suggestions: I realize that ads make money, but there is a difference between prominent and annoying/confusing ads - I'd get rid of the ad bar under the banner, and add a roll-over effect or something to the navigation bar links so they stand out (if you really, really need it, you could put the ad bar over the banner). The sidebar ads are fine.

Kill the popup. Period.

Get valid. I realize that Google ads and flash don't exactly play well with the validator, but a little tweaking can get them working. This article at A List Apart might help with the Flash. I wouldn't be too worried about this - work on the nav bar and ads first - but it's something to think about.

Overall, you're definitely on the right track, and once you get those few things worked out, you ought to be nicely set.

I can't say much on the content, as I'm not a girl, and thus not really into girly stuff.
  • marria
  • marria

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is really good. I really like the colours, and special The stars In the background look impressional
I like your site.
  • breezy25
  • breezy25
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your helpful feedack!
  • Guy who knows things
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Guy who knows things
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the star trail on the mouse, lol.....

Have you ever played Nox? (pretty old Westwood game.....) The mouse cursor left a trail of 'magic dust' that showered all over the place, it was awesome. Aaaaah, I would LOVE to use that on a website somewhere, but I guess the CPU load would be horrible, having to render hundreds of tiny lil dust particles in flash, lollll...

Ah well.....

Nice work. ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers