SITE REVIEW: www.splitbeam.com -> design consulting firm

• silverbullit
  • silverbullit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,
Please check out http://www.splitbeam.com .

It is a new design consulting firm from the California Bay Area. Currently Im in the process finding new clients and people to consult on projects. Also I would like some input on the design. Color scheme comments, any content comments. Please let me know if any of the content sounds bad, too wordy or confusing. Or if you like it.

Cheers.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site layout is clean and fast-loading but I have a question as to the color scheme. The lilac doesn't really go with the blue and green, so I would make it the same shade of blue or a metallic grey (like the letters SPLIT in your logo). Check the link for "Affordable web hosting" in the green menu; it goes to the wrong place and the Godaddy link should open in the same window. But I think your navigation bar images are cool with the dissolve transition. Overall, I think you've got a nice site that needs a few simple adjustments to be perfect.
  • silverbullit
  • silverbullit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the comments.

I wasn't quite sure which liliac color you are talking about. The color in the left nav bar or the color on the top nav bar. The color displays different on my laptop and home computer so its hard to tell them apart.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site loosk good but a bit multi- coloured. I really like the navigation , it look lively. Center the site it would look much better. The navigation on the left hand side looks out of place , atleast align it with left hand side bar lining. The image under the top nagigation doesnt look good and its font is almost unreadable. And on the header there comes a small "-" ( dashed line) although not noticable but removing that would be good.
  • gfawce1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: York, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I completely agree with the color comments made so far. Get rid of the lilac. A site should reall only have two main base colors and variations thereof (as does ozzu.com site) and any additional colors should be used for "accenting" only, e.g. drawing attention to blocks of content for example or highlighting navigation.

I could hardly read the graphic at the top of the page and I couldn't make out what the blurby image was next to it either. Replace it with a CSS style heading of some sort - search engines will see it better as well as it looking neater.

The 1/2 inch white guttering on the left side of the page makes your site look a little this-jointed. Try using CSS to close the body margins to get rid of that:

Code: [ Select ]
body { margin: 0; }

May, or may not work, haven't examined your code in detail so don't know how the page is made up.

Good start but could use some fine tuning! Hope that helps some! :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers