SITE REVIEW: www.sportsnarrative.com

• SportsNarrative
  • SportsNarrative

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone!

I uploaded my site about 2 months ago. I am posting features, reviews and nostalgia pieces on ice-hockey and other sports. Here is the address:

http://www.sportsnarrative.com

I would appreciate any serious criticism and/or suggestions.

Cheers!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks nice, but where it says, World University
Games, I would remove the gradient behind the text...it looks a little odd. But otherwise the site looks nice....i wouldnt have picked that font but that doesnt matter much.

The header looks nice too.

Good Job, but fix these errors Here
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm glad to see you're using XHTML/CSS, very nice.

I agree with murcielagossi about you fonts; they are a bit plain/boring.

As far as the gradient in that box goes, I see the concept you are going for, but the gradient quality itself is terrible. Notice how you can see the individual bars of color? Bad. Re-render the image and use a higher quality image type if possible. Maybe use a light blue instead of white as the light color of the gradient.

I like the over all design and color scheme. I would lighten up your background just a bit to help make the header stand out more. You did a nice job with the CSS, all the padding/margins, etc. seem to be well thought out and done.

Your copyright notice would, in my opinion, look better if it were center- or right-aligned.

That's all I got. What you've got is good so far. Your major weakness is your fonts. Keep working and good luck!
  • jambai
  • jambai

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good design and also you can add some intro to your site !
  • laj007
  • laj007

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has a clean layout, but I wouldn't use Times Roman font. Persoanlly, I think Arial or Helvetica is a lot easier to read. Plus, I second the notion about the use of gradient in your header. I'm sure you can do better than that. Good luck!
  • SportsNarrative
  • SportsNarrative

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to thank everyone for their input. I really appreciate all the comments and I plan on sorting some of those things out in the near future. I see how that gradient looks quite bad now and will try to fix it up.

I am very new to website design. This is essentially my first site with the exception of a simple site I made for a project about 5 years ago.

I hope to design some nice, stylized boxes for the sidebar and get rid of that clunky gradient one.

Any suggestions on tutorials or tips regarding this?

Cheers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers