SITE REVIEW: www.spotajavacoffee.com

• jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fist of all, you should probably pay attention to what has already been posted in this thread. I have already read your site and commented on that earlier. My last post was agreeing with and expounding on a comment that someone had made. Rather than listening to what several people have said, you got defensive about their comments and proceeded to bash them for not agreeing with your views. Regardless of the fact that people who arrive at your site are looking for coffee-you still have to make it compelling for them to stay or they will go find a site that appeals to them. You're not the only company selling coffee and the internet is not the best venue to sell such a product. Also, keep in mind, you are trying to sell a product, not demonstrate your writing talent.

If you wish to improve it will help you to become more humble and listen to other peoples input.

Best of luck.
  • ryawn
  • Born
  • Born
  • ryawn

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like this. It gets to the point without having to perform any searches. You want coffee! We have coffee! What kind do you want?
  • eppskevin
  • Loc: Durham, NC

Post 3+ Months Ago

More than enough..Which is good :D
  • tonya
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: North Wales

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I liked it actually . My other half will be chuffed to bits that you sell flavoured coffee especially the vanilla which he has mentioned in the past as once buying loving & not knowing where to get -

point of that is if you were at this site buying coffee rather than reviewing the site then you wouldnt mind the text - or the generic bag pictures (agree it adds to rustic image & idea that coffee more important than package). sometimes we reviewers forget to step back & see the site as a buyer might.

Yes i can see that the template might b very limiting & actually the font used for buttons is awfully scripty but hey thats not a bad thing. Shame that sites like this have to be stuck on product templates - am assuming its a shopping cart package like actinic ?

ah well i liked it on the whole

two points
graphic missing on http://www.spotajavacoffee.com/site/751787/page/259431

& cant you plug in a contact us form rather than simply have an email link

& also is the template what causes all that extra white space at the botton on pages like contact su & about us where there isnt actually that much content or is it the left panel & cant you do anything about that ?

good luck anyway !
  • guyute
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • guyute

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the content a lot, but I'm not so sure about your categorizing by alphabetical order. If I'm looking for a coffee, I probably won't be searching by 'Mexican Liqueur' and know to go to the M category. I could be searching by Liqueur flavored coffees, and when I saw 'Mexican Liqueur', I would possibly try it/find what I really wanted. considering categorizing by type, versus alphabetical order. It would really help people find what they are looking for.

Good Luck!!!
  • MrFeetz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MrFeetz

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpotaJava Flavored Coffee Presents

So You Don’t Drink Coffee Referral Program
*Non Coffee Drinkers This is for You!

*Exciting news for all of our SpotaJava Flavored Coffee Customers! Now you can earn Free Coffee or Cash.

Simply use the auto responder at the bottom of the Welcome page to register your name and email address with SpotaJavaCoffee.com as a “So You Don’t Drink Coffee Referral Program Member” to receive your membership referral number.

Each time that you refer a customer (customer=someone that makes a coffee purchase from http://www.spotajavacoffee.com) to SpotaJava Flavored Coffee, and they enter your membership referral number with their order, you will receive credit towards 1lb. of **your choice of any of our over 300 shamefully rich…soothingly smooth varieties of gourmet flavored coffee.

1lb. of coffee=1 credit. When you have accumulated 5 credits, submit your 5 credits to SpotaJava Coffee, and you may then choose your 1lb. of flavored coffee or $10.00 cash. Regular shipping charges and tax if any, apply.

You may apply your credit to your regular order or just get your coffee by itself. You may also combine a purchase with the person that you refer, to buy 7lbs. or more of coffee and get free shipping on that order. (No split orders. All coffee on a single order must be delivered to the same shipping address).

You may apply your credit for $10.00 in cash at any time that you have at least 5 credits in your account. This offer is good anytime that you have the required 5 credits in your account.

**Jamaican Blue Mountain, Kona Extra Fancy, and featured coffee not eligible for this offer.

See http://www.spotajavacoffee.com for more ways to get free coffee and free shipping!

1. What do you think of this idea?
2. Is the offer clear and easy for you to understand?
3. Does this offer interest you? Why? Why not?
4. Would you take part and register for this offer? Why? Why not?
5. How can this offer be made more appealing to you?
6. Comments/Suggestions.

So many people tell me that they don't drink coffee...sound familiar to anyone uP in here...I thought so...

So, I figure that all of the non-coffee drinkin people should still have an opportunity to benefit from our lil spot on the w_w_w. I jus don't have luv for the word "NO"...this is my idea to lower the potential of being completely blown off by non coffee drinkers...stick sum ca$h uP under their nose...an everyone goes home happy...

This is the first draft in development...y'all do test doncha...LMK...

guyute...there is a search feature at the bottom of every page. With the huge number of flavors that we offer, we felt that listing them in alphabetical order to be the most effective way to present the products. Your suggestion of type listing is exactly how the site is set up!

Toyna...there are auto responders on the welcome page and the coffee break page. The white spot is a concern of mine as well. I think that I'm going to put in some content to fill that space and optimize the page as well. You are 100% correct as to the cause of the white space.

I post in at least a dozen forums like this for the great feedback and thoughts that I haven't thought of myself. What concerns me most is that many of the ideas and issues that are presented are areas that are already on the site...which tells me that the site is not user friendly, and/or hard to navigate.

ryawn...ty...that's what I thought too...we seem to be a majority of 2.

jlknauff...why do I have to be defensive (in your view) in order to express an opposing or different opinion...this is a discussion forum...I didn't see any rules that say I have to agree with anyone about anything. When two or more people have differing views on a topic, it leads to further discussion and possibly discovery of new knowledge, or at least a different viewpoint. So how bout you voice your opinion on the above topic and we'll see if we can carry on with the discussion without personalities getting in the way...do we have a deal...

~~Feetz~~
  • coffeedrinker2004
  • Born
  • Born
  • coffeedrinker2004

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good. better than mine.
  • MrFeetz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MrFeetz

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpotaJava Flavored Coffee
reminds you that we are nearing the holiday season. Coffee makes a great inexpensive gift...especially for the hard to buy for or the person that has "everything" You are all invited to visit us for your gift giving and coffee needs.

Kona & Blue Mountain ( both 100% pure...not a blend ) are always a much enjoyable choice...now on Featured Sale!

~~Feetz~~
  • MrFeetz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MrFeetz

Post 3+ Months Ago

We've got a new roaster...

Improved taste...lower shipping co$t...don't forget dear old dad!

You're invited to buy several giant 1lb bags right now...

~~Feetz~~

btw...the site talks now...let me know whacha think...
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh man, dont tell me that you even can't make the buttons clear (gif, png). were they also a part of template?
and no offense, but if you cant change anything on your page what are these reviews for?

and finally i was very disoriented on that page,
sorry...
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

and what are your latest posts all about. is this an advertising topic?
  • Exino
  • Exino

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only thing I can think of saying is that it appears to be to busy, but seperated at the same time. The links on the left that are black maybe are causing that. And possible setting it up to work with more then one browser? 1024x768 with FireFox and I have to scroll horizontally, so.

Outside of that, the colours are great. And possible allow the search to be at the top, as well as the bottom, since people may want to get to it right away and not want to scroll down.

Overall things seem to be moved around quite a bit and there isn't any real direction you're pulling visitors towards. Maybe design some new details into the site to give them something to attract to, this will make things easier when people visit looking for something specific.
  • MrFeetz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MrFeetz

Post 3+ Months Ago

RUMcajZ wrote:
i was very disoriented on that page
I'm thinking...stupid!!! Maybe you should stay off the Internet...

~~Feetz~~
  • cflraves
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cflraves

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site looks good overall, a good theme for the product.

I would suggest using bullets for areas such as this:

"vanilla-based flavors
which includes the cremes (such as French vanilla or Irish creme) and the nut-based flavors (such as macadamia nut or hazelnut)

chocolate-based flavors
such as chocolate mint

fruit-based flavors
such as raspberry or coconut

spice-based flavors
such as cinnamon"
  • MrFeetz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MrFeetz

Post 3+ Months Ago

...good will & cheer along with great tasting coffee after all these years can still be found at <a href="http://bit.ly/bq8QoP">spotajava coffee</a>

stop buy say hi...im still there...an how bout U...LMK...

~feetz
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk wrote:
I dont like the website. Too many words on the front page.
-even more words at the bottom part of page.
so i did not bother to read the words at all!- loss of interest

sorry if this sounds too blunt.

but i do like coffee. esp. java

don't like the header words too..

not very constructive.

--------------------------

How about something constructive, instead of pointing out some faults that are sticking out like a dog's nut sack. Put something useful down lol.

I see this site as half finished really.

But if it was me, the side menu perfect that is coffee web site style but the body got messed up worse then the tattoo on Mike Tyson face.

Firstly need to fill it in some more, that huge space in the top middle. Edit the template to add a slider of adverts.

that whole top section just remove it, under the slider have your mission statement in fancy font and then social buttons on the side of it.

Now your listing, need to find a better way to arrange your stuff. Mite be able to turn them into nice buttons or narrow them down into sections. just thinking a cheap way would be to enlarge the text to make it readable and then make a scroll box but that is just not fashionable, so we could use some JS for some sliding effects and try and fit more into a smaller space.

this is all standard stuff now that template is a good 10+ years from being standard. Either way your going to have to make these changes but the thing is it is a investment if done right. The better attraction and interactivity that the user can obtain the better satisfactory levels your clients are going to have. The web site is to save time and keep track of online departments so it is best to invest more then a few $100 and if you paid more then $2-300 even less not including data entry i would feel a little ripped off. Seams like a direct install and a direct free template on top then some HTML body work.

You have most of your content set so if you have a custom one made up you won't need to change it for a year or 2 really unless you expand your business and that point you got the funds to do the upgrades. With some good advertising flashy business cards with a matching web site and you provide a good service then you should not have a issue.

Also your blog is down too.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 46 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers