SITE REVIEW: www.squaresandpixels.com

• thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I'd like comments about the layout and look/feel of the site please.

Yes, it's a VERY BORING pixel site similar to the millions already out there. Fine. But please don't post in this thread telling me that.

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.squaresandpixels.com

clickable link so that we don't have to copy paste it in the browser :)

I won't comment on the idea since it's not relevant. As a site, it looks nice. I like the layout and the colours. Not a bad layout. Best of luck with it ;)
  • thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry forgot about that! Thanks.
  • itstopnotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, ther newbie here ,just want to know how its going, i see you have a few ads building up. Ive heard about pixel sites.are they hard to do and maintain?.

on your question. I think compared to the few pixel sites I've seen yours is fairly good, a little more effort in to it and yeah it will look good ,even better when the ads come in and brighten it up a bit...
  • thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

My site is very easy to maintain and use as it has a control panel from which I can do almost anything regarding the site. When someone buys pixels I have to activate their ad after payment, but the free pixels are automatic (the user activated these by clicking a link in an email which is sent to them).

The olny problem is I paid quite a bit for the script and I was apprehensive about this. But I've enjoyed running the site so far.
  • Rapt0r
  • Student
  • Student
  • Rapt0r

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm. I've never seen a pixel site before, nor do I know what one is, but it looks pretty good. Navigation is a breeze, and the pages load quickly. Has lots of content too.

Only thing I might recommend changing is the little banner/picture in the upper left hand corner. Maybe fancy it up a little bit more, or make it bigger.

Perhaps add a short page or something that explains what it does and is for, you know, for us newbie pixel page goers? :wink:
  • flashgamecafe
  • Born
  • Born
  • flashgamecafe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site. But perhaps font size can be increased. Wonder what is wrong with me today - I seem to find that everything is too small hahaha
  • embrace
  • Born
  • Born
  • embrace

Post 3+ Months Ago

im sure ive seen a site like this before :S It is a very good idea. If the site gets accross to lots of people im sure it will be a big hit.
  • NuAngel
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Erie, PA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I won't lie, I've never understood these. Why people visit one, just to see advertisements is beyond me.

But, as far as the site itself goes, it looks good. Well laid out, well planned. If anything I'd note that your "zoom" feature has a few issues with icons in the top row - when you finally get the icon, you're RIGHT at the TOP EDGE of the TOP PIXEL, and lose it quite often.

And the "World Cup Page" ... just a fun fascination? It really seems to serve no purpose.

NuAngel
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well all I have to say is I hope you come out with more money than you put in. There will only be one milliondolarhomepage.
  • thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I won't come out with more money than I put in, but I don't really mind. I wanted a pixel site so I decided to get one - I wasn't too bothered about the money to be honest. It'd be nice to get a site with good traffic though so I can perhaps use it as an advertising tool for my other sites (eg. in the blog).

Also, pixel sites which are fully automated and have good traffic and a good PageRank can sell for a few hundred dollars (I've seen it done).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers