SITE REVIEW: www.streetperformance.com

• jessre0516
  • jessre0516

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone-

We are looking to get some viewer feedback of our automotive aftermarket websites from consumers and designers such as yourselves. Any comments and suggestions you can make will be greatly appreciated.

Are they easy to navigate? Can you find what you want quickly? Are they too cluttered/busy?

The sites are:

http://www.streetperformance.com

Thanks for your input!
:D
  • bryanhusman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bryanhusman
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the sites are really great. But it does take a lot of time to load.
  • hannesmu
  • hannesmu

Post 3+ Months Ago

why are there so many animated banners on the homepage? that really creates a negative image as it looks like ads. but these are links to your sites. you better use normal text links, or at least not animated pics.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah those animated link look a bit dodgy ... I don't like them either ...

The blue rollovers in the text links up top are a bit hard to read aswell, think about making that colour a bit easier on the eyes ...

And please please please have a look at the 241 valiation errors on your page, that's a scary ammount ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... nce.com%2F

I must tell you ... I love the bacground on the site it's awesome ...

Okay but all 4 look exactly the same so I don't know what to tell you about the others, I just look at streetperformance ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is ok to navigate. There is a lot of stuff going on. Also could you make the search Market place more prominent? I don't really care about parts that wont fit on my car and it took me a while to find that, at first i thought you didn't have one. Also the background image "the Search engine for the after market" is shifted slightly to the left so it doesn't align with the back ground.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thread has been unlocked. Please resume your reviews
  • singh911
  • Born
  • Born
  • singh911

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site is kewl... got lots of advertisement

gud 4 ya!
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked it but the menu on the top is strange, I mean only the background.
  • jessre0516
  • jessre0516

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your assistance everybody. Any more comments that can be made would be great.

Just to clarify, at our company we sell advertising space to wholesalers, distributors, and manufacturers of automotive aftermarket parts so we need to draw attention to the ads.

If you could make suggestions as to how we could improve the animated links or to better portray our top advertisers that would be fantastic.
  • Cheap5.0
  • Student
  • Student
  • Cheap5.0

Post 3+ Months Ago

My only complaint is the busy(ness) of the page. The banners on top need to change! Good job though
  • ihatevista
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the site. It looks very professional. However I do think it looks a bit cluttered around the top of the page. There seem to be too many animated buttons.

But you look like your on to a good, sucessfull site!
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with everyone else that the animated banners that you have as links should be changed to text links instead so as not to detract from the content and rest of your site.
  • jessre0516
  • jessre0516

Post 3+ Months Ago

What do you recommend we should do to replace the flashing banners that still draws attention to the advertisements? Our advertisers pay quite a bit to have those prime banner spots.
  • anarchy12
  • anarchy12

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree with ihatevista (brilliant name BTW :D) the animated pics put me off, but otherwise its brilliant very professional
  • websiteacquire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • websiteacquire

Post 3+ Months Ago

no loading times for me but the site does seem a little cluttered
  • jessre0516
  • jessre0516

Post 3+ Months Ago

What should we do about the animated banners? What would make those more attractive to you as users?
  • NullPointer
  • NullPointer
  • Loc: Irvine, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The navigation and layout is fine, but all of those animated gifs make for a bad load time. Maybe consider having less images, or at least just static ones
  • harlemangel
  • harlemangel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there
I know you are reluctant to remove the advertising banners, as they bring in revenue, so to make the site look less cluttered, you could move the 'featured car' piece above the 'featured products' list.

Also, you could try a scrolling advertising banner, which lists the advertising pieces on one line instead of two, but scrolls across to display all of them. (similar to the one further down the page, but scrolling across)

What makes the site confusing (IMO) is that there are 3 versions of navigation.

1. home / services ......
2. Sport / Compact Luxury ......
3. The searchCATEGORIES on the left nav

It may help to remove one of these, or combine 1 & 2 into a single nav. This would also reduce the length of the page somewhat.

I hope this helps!

Harlemangel
  • theecuatraveler
  • theecuatraveler

Post 3+ Months Ago

It takes a few seconds to load from all of the animated banners and a little cluttered. It does look professional though. Everything needed is up front.
  • tharsos
  • Born
  • Born
  • tharsos

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like there is a lot of content on the website which is good. The advertisements could be less flashy.

Regards,
http://earn-money-on-the-web.blogspot.com
  • pearl5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pearl5

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks very professional. but as another person said that it seems to be too many animated buttons.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those animated links are not ads? They look like ads to me. They lead to fidanza.com (unless he changed them and I'm talking about ads on top).

Hey, ads on top? I guess they are one of the most important things in your site, isn't it jessere0516? Whatever is important goes first, then the lesser and lesser and lesser.

Never knew that featurePRODUCTS was a word! Check your grammar and spelling in places unless you intended to spell (or misspell?) them. Remember grammatical and spelling errors count against a site.

news&EVENTS. My, I wonder if the space bar was even invented! Well, I don't want to be picky but I need to save my breath. And capitalization? How is EVENTS more important then news when news is in front of EVENTS.

Remember grammatical errors and misspelled words counts against a site.

Also, let me go back to those ads. (Raise your hands if you LOVE ads!). That's not the point, but the point is that they are AT THE TOP!

Placement is a big thing in web development. If you want them to leave your site so desperately, why make a site? They point is that most people I know of read left to right, up and down, rather then the opposite, and if they see an ad, they might as well get interested in those ads and leave before reading a thing out of your site.

I got lost in the site until I noticed the little menu a bottom that said "home". Why not keep the left menu on every page? Just a suggestion.

Is this site listing the shops that sell products or are you the one selling them? I don't get it.

Is it a web search using Google are site search or database search. Huh? Huh? Well, just kidding, I'm not that mean.

Why does the bottom table on search results where Google comes into play, is different width then the rest of the layout? (To get the idea of what I'm talking about search for "Hub Caps" on top search bar and scroll to the very bottom. See it?)

I would have continued on the review but most of my reviews are on a negative side and I don't want you to quit working on that site. I like the layout :). Good luck.
  • jessre0516
  • jessre0516

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm pretty sure that somewhere earlier in this post I mentioned that we are like a google for car parts. What we do is sell advertising space and link consumers with manufacturers and distributors of automotive aftermarket parts. Our site is a resource for ppl who need a car part. So someone who is looking for a particular spark plug will come to our site, type in spark plug, and find someone that sells the spark plug in our directory. The ads are at the top because they are the major parts manufacturers and distributors in the market, and they pay us to put them there.

I don't know why the designers chose to make those stylistic choices when it comes to the spelling/grammar, but I dont argue. I assume its for the same reasons that they chose to not capitalize the company name, b/c they can.

As for the search function, it does both. It first searches our site/directory/database and if we do not have the part/company/product you are looking for it does a Google search for what you are looking for.

With those questions answered can anyone else make some suggestions that would make the website more user friendly? Pretty much everyone is saying that the site is too cluttered and that they do not like the advertisements. Advertisements are what we do so they are part of the site. Can anyone suggest a way to make them less harsh on the eyes?
  • hgv
  • hgv

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is really well it is designed. But, it is a lot of figures on the main page.
Loading is slow.
  • missy
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: london

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm afraid I'd be no good at reviewing as I don't do cars, but as a by the by, I thought I was going to be looking at a website about street performers - mimes, living statues etc... will your name not confuse the search engines?!

Missy x

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers