SITE REVIEW: www.submitedge.com

• rishimodi1
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've recently changed the look and feel of my website http://www.submitedge.com

Please let me know your authentic feedack.

Regards
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalduke
  • digitalduke

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice work, Great feel of design...

well done mate! it looks great
  • illiniguy
  • illiniguy

Post 3+ Months Ago

The pages are throwing a JavaScript error on line 478. I'm not JS expert so I dont' know what the problem is (I'm using IE7). My guess is that it's in the menus.
  • wenfri
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colours are terrific and blend in nicely with everything on the page.

I know nothing about javascript and with IE6 never noticed any errors.

Nice layout. Easy to browse through

Just wish I could afford it :lol:

You have done an excellent job.

Keep up the great work

Wendy
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

Let's see, shall I start with the bad and then the good?

1. There are definately some javaScript errors you need to look into.

2. I would never use graphics for text, unless it is a phone number. Skype causes phone numbers to display differently than expected. The reason I would not use graphics for text is because it is bad for SEO. Web crawlers can not read text if its a graphic.

3. Speaking of graphics, you have a graphic icon near the top. This icon has a different background (it may be transparent) than the background of your webpage. If you know the RGB color of the website background, editing that graphic would be simple in mspaint. The same transparency issue occurs on the bottom corners of your webpage. Please note, I am viewing this with IE7 and have not checked other browsers. This may be an IE issue.

4. There are a few spaces on your site that may be too much. For instance, there is a gap between "SEO Firm offers Manual Directory Submission service & Article submission" and the next line. There is also a gap near the bottom of the page. I would make that space the same as the space between the different packages.

5. There are a few images on the right column that may look better if centered.

6. Check out validator.w3.org and type your URL into the prompt. Making your website W3C compliant will help with compatibility issues across different browsers.

Let me get to the good things now.

1. Overall, I like the design. It fits perfectly for 1024x768 resolution. According to statistics, 80% of the population is using that resolution or something higher.

2. I really like the header area. The login prompt is easy to find. Where do people register though? Maybe you should put that near it. Also you may want something where people can retrieve passwords.

3. Navigation is great. I love the top menu and you have the hover effect I see. Nice work.

4. The center content is laid out nice. The text is readable. One thing you may want to consider though is having a table for your packages that tells the similarities and differences a bit better. Something like this..

http://www.iucoupons.com/plans.cfm

5. White background is by far the best choice. Makes readability great.

Hope these comments help.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com
  • Fussybaby
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Fussybaby

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall, it looks good to me.

My one comment, and keep in mind that I'm no expert...but your site says you do content writing. There are quite a few awkward sentences on your home page.

For instance, here is what I would change in your first section (see CAPS):

Create a one-way link TO your website. Submit your site to SEO friendly Directories.

Search engine optimisation (SEO) has started turning submission to directories and articles to its advantage. You could have a world-class website; you may have the latest e-commerce technology and the best graphic design work. Now comes the tricky part: choosing an SEO firm. THERE ARE MANY SEO firms claiming that they can do LINK BUILDING, ARTICLE SUMBISSIONS, AND submission to directories. BUT ARE THESE FIRMS INVESTED IN MAKING WISE SEO DECISIONS FOR YOUR COMPANY? FOR INSTANCE,does a chocolate website really need to build links to an oil merchants` directory?

Google has implemented LSI and HAS already started shunting out link farms, and pointless paid links. For any SEO firm or webmaster the BEST WAY TO ADVANCE AND GAIN EXPOSURE is THROUGH WELL-WRITTEN articles and other web content. Not only does our article submission service ensure that all incoming links to your site are 'relevant,' but also that your precious time and resources are not wasted on futile link building.

Our submission services ensure that each manual directory we submit with is relevant to your site; each directory is chosen based on pedigree and reliability. Any major search engine that actually catalogues and indexes a directory has to meet certain criteria. Our service ensures that each directory we submit to has been thoroughly researched and not blacklisted by any search engine. Better still,we offer only one-way linking services so no reciprocal links are required.
  • mcleve
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mcleve

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a SEO website. Most people that are really thinking of paying for SEO would notice the Text Banner in the header. That is a very basic SEO DONT DO.

Tidy up the images. THe background of the lock in the login box is the wrong color. Most of the text Image is cut off on the bottom row of text.

details make all the difference.
  • imelgrat
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi! I tend to agree with mcleve. You're in for business. You need to attract customers and to that end, you need to look professional.
I would suggest using a Flash Text replacement tool for all the <Hx> tags, such as http://www.mikeindustries.com/sifr which will let you add rich typography and make your site really stand out.

Also, I'd tone down a bit the site colors, to make it a tad dimmer and make reading a more pleasurable experience.

Regards,
Iván
  • idkwot
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • idkwot

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site, love the colors
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

I would not use any flash on a SEO website.

It is kind of dangerous in the SEO work because crawlers can not read flash files easily if at all. I would stay away from flash completely.

I hate saying though because I love it heh..

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers