SITE REVIEW: www.SuperiorTraffic.net

• maxf
  • maxf

Post 3+ Months Ago

**The site has been updated, so I'd like to get a re-review! Check my new reply about 5 posts down!**

Ignore the following, as it's old:

Hey all,

I just recently opened up my new traffic site (http://www.SuperiorTraffic.net) because my old one (http://www.ReliableTraffic.net) seemed to have quite a few problems. For one, the site was a template that was completely images. Each page was 200+ KB. I also had a pretty bad host.

The new site is written in HTML and put together easily with PHP. It's extremely easy for me to update every aspect of the site because of PHP.

I did a lot of work with tables on the site to get everything aligned correctly. I also worked a lot on getting colors to compliment eachother. For the most part, I think I succeeded. My favorite part about the website is the dynamic order form page. It seems to work very well.

Finally, I worked extra hard on the logo at the top. I think it works well with the rest of the site, and it doesn't distract the visitor from the site with bright colors or anything.

So, have a look at my site and let me know what you think. I also integrated an Invision Power Board that sort of matches the site. Looking forward to some feedback. Thanks!

Check out http://www.SuperiorTraffic.net[/b]
  • paul72388
  • paul72388
  • Loc: new york

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought that you should try making your text more interesting. Try coloring and giving style to your text on your site, especially the navigation bar, try adding buttons, it makes it much better to look at, Overall, I thought your site was good, (i really liked the logo) but it still needs a little work
-nice work -Paul F. Cullen
  • paul72388
  • paul72388

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought that you should try making your text more interesting. Try coloring and giving style to your text on your site, especially the navigation bar, try adding buttons, it makes it much better to look at, Overall, I thought your site was good, (i really liked the logo) but it still needs a little work
-nice work -Paul F. Cullen
  • maxf
  • maxf

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with your comment about making the navigation-bar more text filled, but don't you think it'd be awefully crowded if every link were a button? Thanks for your review 8).
  • paul72388
  • paul72388

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it would ovecrowd it as long as you try using a navgation bar with small buttons, but make the text bold inside of it.
  • sam
  • sam

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing I noticed was the logo, (was the first thing to appear) and thought great! very professional. All the grey tones really work well together and it gets the message accross. I just think that the rest of the site was really monotone (as others commented), and seeing as you only have a couple of greys in the main part of site (compared to the depth of the grey scale image), it just seems bare. I agree colour for the links is needed. Perhaps another font, a sans-serif would be better. Especially for the links. Maybe white background for the links section with dark text, or white text on dark background, but something to break up the 3 windows and differentiate them from each other is needed.

Is a very clear and functional site however. Nothing wrong with it, easy enough to get around, but just stylistically it could do with a couple of small changes to really help make it more appealing to look at.
  • maxf
  • maxf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well well well! It's been an awefully long time since I was here!

Since I've been away (not here rather), the site has been recolored, and a lot of new behind-the-scenes scripts have been made.

Anyways, have a look at the site and see how it stacks up now! I'd really appreciate some feedback!

By the way, the URL is http://www.SuperiorTraffic.net
  • ejumblesale
  • ejumblesale
  • Loc: England, Kent

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.
Your website looks good although I would say there are a few website no no's.

1. You should try and use smoother more crisp fonts such as Arial or micro sans serif.

2. Don’t use jump in your face colours i.e. aluminous green.

3. Subtle backgrounds do work but generally a page is better without a background.

This are obviously my own opinions and I hope you don't feel I have been over critical. The site does load very quick and it has got plenty of content I would just suggest a little more professionalism in the design something I like to do is look at lots of other sites and see which ones I like and why.
Anthony
  • maxf
  • maxf

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. You should try and use smoother more crisp fonts such as Arial or micro sans serif.

2. Don’t use jump in your face colours i.e. aluminous green.

3. Subtle backgrounds do work but generally a page is better without a background.

First off, I'd like to thank you for your comments. I do have a question though: Do you think the background color should just be white for the content area? I guess that's what you're saying. Thanks again.
  • Beren
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Beren
  • Loc: Lost in Wilderland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok nice start... maybe the website works (i do not know about the revenue of this project). But the look&feel really needs some make-over (is my opinion).
The colours really could be nice... but there are to many lines, chaos to me! Maybe try to use subtle backgrounds instead, remove some hard lines.
  • jonpaul
  • jonpaul
  • Loc: UK soon Lanzarote

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not to keen on the font, it seems to look wrong (but that could just be my dodgy eyes :) )

I think there is a lot of space going to waste on the left and right hand side, you could increse the the table size and make better use un-used space.

The general layout is good but I'm not 100% sure on the colour(s) maybe there is a better choice of colours that go together better?

well just my throughts, don't take them to heart I maybe talking out of my arse :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers