SITE REVIEW: www.tampamusic.com

• dprichard
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Clearwater Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to get input on my home page. Do you all feel like the page is too long and narrow? I am really concerned about optimizing the site and feel like I need most of the info that is there on the home page.

Tampa Music
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nicely designed and layed out. I like its professionalism.

The one thing that I can't get past is the typeface for "Tampa Music" at the top. I understand the idea with the music note symbols....but still, it takes away from the design look in my opinion...its just so out of place.

I would suggest a new logo or different type face and treatment.

Thats really the only thing that I would change.

Nice job..
  • ejastegall
  • ejastegall

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree about the font face for the "Tampa Music" but I like the music note. I think the orange strip at the top and the one at the bottom should be the same color red as the side nav. And I'm not sure about the green but it might work better when the orange is gone. I'm just an advocate of fewer colors. The site is really very good and professional!
  • Oekss
  • Oekss

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll agree with the two posters above about the font you choose for your logo, it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the site.

I also noticed a gap on the right hand side of your main table and the thin blue bar. It looks like its part of your background image, but it doesn't look like it's intended.

Also when I look on the left hand side, under "Find A Music Teacher", the number of times the word "Lessons" appears really stuck out to me. Especially where you have "Piano & Voice Lessons" as a section, then right under it have "Piano Lessons" and "Voice Lessons" individually. I think it's implied that if you're looking for a teach, you're looking for lessons.
  • DRicher
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • DRicher

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site looks good and I think the main problems have been identified. I noticed tho that there is a small glitch on one page.

When I click on the link: Join Tampa Music : I get a bar on the top of the page with a down arrow that has nothing in it. It doesn't happen when I click Contact, just Join Tampa Music.

I'm running IE 6.1 for Windows XP.

Dave
  • enudiv
  • enudiv
  • Loc: san diego, california

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks clean, nice and well thought out...i agree with the first 2 post about the logo and font.........but i'm pretty sure if you work with the logo a bit more you'll find something that suits it quite well.....well done

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers