SITE REVIEW: www.tdandt.com

• royce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Floriduh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there, http://www.tdandt.com is my website..I used a template for the flash, and I was using it to learn Flash. I was a total webmaster newbie when I started it so I have no clue if its accessable, validates, size, etc.

All comments appreciated.
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

royce wrote:
so I have no clue if its accessable, validates, size, etc.

Checkpoints for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0:
Quote:
Priority 1 checkpoints, Point 1.1:
Provide a text equivalent for every non-text element (e.g., via "alt", "longdesc", or in element content). This includes: images, graphical representations of text (including symbols), image map regions, animations (e.g., animated GIFs), applets and programmatic objects, ascii art, frames, scripts, images used as list bullets, spacers, graphical buttons, sounds (played with or without user interaction), stand-alone audio files, audio tracks of video, and video.

Aside from that, great, i can stop the music. But you should think about peoples who doesn't have a fast internet speed. With a analog modem you must wait more then 2 minutes. That's very bad.

Flash site have problems, without a flashplayer you have no access to the navigation. On your site, javascript and flash is used, but there are no alternates for that. Person with disabilites can have problems with an animated screen.

Quote:
Priority 1 checkpoints, Point 7.1:
Until user agents allow users to control flickering, avoid causing the screen to flicker.
  • Aegil
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Aegil

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks well made and professional.
The only problem I had was it took a little while to load up, which I'm guessing is because of the music files that you have on the flash site.

I dont normally like sites to have music when I'm browsing as it irritates me when Im trying to read a site.
So being able to switch it off is a bonus, as I would rather close the site than switch off my own audio.
  • Lock(/\)oot

Post 3+ Months Ago

The loading took ages , i got a bit frustrated . But the waiting time is all worth it , the graphics are fantastic and everything works . And i also like the use of sounds .

But the text is a bit small , but then again it looks nicer and more professional 8).
  • royce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Floriduh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the comments. I know it takes a long time to load..I'm trying to get my partner to give me a smaller audio file to work with. The main audio file is about 1 minute and its about 4mg if I remember ....

We've been so busy working on other folks sites, we dont have time to go back and work on our own!
  • tcph
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I aint sure will you all agree with me, but I think the colour of the layout should be "brighter". Yes, it's very professional, but IMO it should be "brighter".

And with all of the nice fancy flash going on, I think some visitors who has low-speed internet connection or low-quality computer can't handle all those nice things I see.

But overall, I'll still think it's very nice and neat.
8.5/10 from me!

TC!
  • raees
  • raees
  • Loc: pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wished to review ur website in detail but unfortunatelly, it took too long to download and automatically i became frustrated and stoped closed it.I'll suggest u to make ur site light first.I use 56k modem and i waited for ten minutes for the site to download but still it was being downloaded.
  • xeno
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xeno

Post 3+ Months Ago

It takes way to long to load. If you use load movie instead of having the whole thing load it would be better.
  • kaylasdad
  • kaylasdad
  • Loc: Wichita, KS

Post 3+ Months Ago

the web site looks great... i didn't have the slow load problem previously mentioned... the only thing i can advise is a little more content... little less flash.... as the site looks great and has the moving everything, it looks more like an extreme sports or gaming site... a site like this may ward off the more conservative customers... of course i probably wouldn't be in here if i knew everything... hope this helps
  • manuel2283
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • manuel2283

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall I found the site visually appealing and easy to navigate which is can be missed when doing an all flash website.

So I give it 7/10

Suggestions:

1.) Bigger Fonts - Try using fonts that scale better and bump them up just a bit.

2.) Optimize load times on site or maybe go back and use a better audio compression tool, other than flash, I use i-tunes or Sound Track Pro which can be found by going to this link.http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/soundtrackpro/.

3.) Center the site you can easily do that with some html.
  • simpson
  • simpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Font is little small but very cool looking site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers