SITE REVIEW: www.teamdg.org

• guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

Team | d.g |

it started off as a 2v2 team for a game called medal of honor...then turned into a team of 4, and eventually 8 then 6

anyway, as soon as we had more than 2 members, dan ( | d.g | diverdan ) and i wanted to make a site, we found a free host from a friend of mine and went nuts

i never worked with photoshop or 3d studio max before and dan never used complex html...together we made the site where it is today, and i am still in the process of expanding it.

i designed it all, dan made it quote unquote clickable, gj dan!

what do u guys think?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gba_m
  • Student
  • Student
  • gba_m

Post 3+ Months Ago

the layout is great
the pages loads quick

there's not enough content in the news section and it might be a good idea of you removed the entertainment and world news since it doesn't really fit your site. just put your effort on the gaming news instead of the other two sections.

I don't see any logo there. i just saw a small font on the top left that says the domain name. maybe it's because i didn't download the specified font???
  • guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, download the font, its in the downloads section, i also had an intro that i put up but then took down..

http://www.teamdg.org/indexX.html

please please download the font, site looks a lot better with it...and its just a great font

but no, there isnt any logo for the site, i never really thought about that...good idea

also, i might just make it pc oriented news, such as hardware, software, and games...
  • Danny
  • Danny
  • Loc: Minnesota, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW, very cool.

The graphics are great eye candy!

However, I'd make your text a little bolder or bigger. 8)
  • guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

are u talking about the bank gothic font text?
  • butlerboy99
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

okay, first off, this site is very much pc only. I cant use the font you want me to, because the format is pc only. Secondly, the site is chunky and messed up when I try to view it with safari. I dont think it's because of the font, but it may be. Also, it's kind of unclear what the site is all about. The about us section is confusing to me, although it may only be because I dont play MoH. But it looks like the site would be pretty cool if it actually worked for me. The graphics are pretty cool, and the layout seems easy to use.
  • guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

use internet explorer 5.0 or higher to view it, the font does make the site come together but it shouldnt cause problems like urs...and buy a pc :)

sry we didnt have mac in mind when making this site

the site is a gaming team site who happen to have a News section, we just havent entered any Call of Duty leagues...the about us is pretty old and needs updating u are right
  • butlerboy99
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry I cant use IE, but I had to delete it, seeing as I'm using an old clamshell iBook with 3gb hd. Oh, and by the way,
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Macs do rule for graphic design and such, but crossplatform scripting for a mac is hardly worth it, considering they are a very very minor portion of hits.
  • butlerboy99
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

i hate mac bashers, but people like you who give good reasons, I respect. It's true macs are better for somethings, and pc's are better for others. But the whole point of the web is that you can access stuff no matter what platform you're on.
  • guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

i updated the site

http://www.teamdg.org i took out the world news, and changed it, added a hardware section which will have updates...i might just take the Call of Duty section out since we dont play in leagues that much anymore (we ownzored in mohaa tho)

im trying to make *plum* worth reading and interesting...how am i doing so far?

and please! download the font, it looks much sexier with the font

ps- i have nothing against macs, but can they use the quadro video cards that cost $1500? those are what u need to do proffesional graphics...not a bash, i truly dont know, juts a question
  • butlerboy99
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

sure, macs may not be able to run that video card, but can pc's run over $5,000 worth of ram?
  • -LynX-
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • -LynX-
  • Loc: Liverpool , UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i love the banner its cool!
  • perltea
  • perltea

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
i really like your clean look with the site, however i feel there should be an improvement in the text. Its looks neat and runs smoothly however. Nice work.
  • spoofers
  • Born
  • Born
  • spoofers
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. If possible adjust your site so you don't have 2 scrollbars.
2. Remove the alert for people to download font would be nice

Over nice layout & designs and navigating through your webby is easy. :thumbsup:
  • guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

the alert to download the font disapears after u click OK instead of CANCEL

it creates a cookie in ur browser that says u already clicked OK

i will try to get rid of the second scrollbar on the far right but im not sure how
  • hessman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is interesting, I would try to tighten it up a bit. Also, most people would hesitate to download a font just to view a site. you have to work arround that problem. Perhaps use the desired font sparingly by converting the text to jpegs or gifs in photoshop.
  • guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

i thought of that but jpegs as text would pose a ton of problems that are much worse than font viewing
  • guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

updated

be sure to download font!

http://www.teamdg.org
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the music on the splash page --my kinda music -- but I kept waiting until the page would refresh or give me an option to click to the site. Not real clear there. I got bored and clicked anyway and got there. Downloaded the font. Not sure that's a wise choice. I knew what to do, but can almost guarantee you newbies won't. Bottom line to sum up that paragraph -- not very user-friendly, from the getgo. Being experienced at looking at your presentation, I can appreciate it, but I have to believe it could be very confusing for those who are inexperienced. Nice font- btw...
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's nice, but people visiting in under 1280x1024 resolution are gonna hate you, heh.

Also, could you possibly please change your signature image. The maximum size allowed here is 468x100, and 6KB filesize.

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

glad I already had bank gothic. I might have been leary of dl'ing a font from/for a web site.

;)

I like the surrounding graphic....but it seems a weeee overpowering to the rest of the page IMO(<--lame opinion, to be sure)
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

-Nice Cite Overall
-the intro takes a while to load on a 56 k moden.
-The Pop uo box telling people to install the font, why don't cha keep it as a little note inside the context of the site.
-Cool calendar, but is it doing any function there???
-I would consider having a main page for a shoughtbox, I would recommend having it to a side in the template. Also if you have a forum, a shoulghbox is kinda over what ya want (But well this is my personal oppinion.)
  • genxservers
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • genxservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

NIce site. Like your layout alot.
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, the design looks good, I like it.

BUT

1. For some reason it doesn't fit in my 1024x768 screen.
2. Neither me nor any user who want's its machine working fine will install a font just for seeing a site. (I guess)
3. ┬┐What about non-Windows users?

I think websites MUST be interoperable across Operating Systems and machine configurations. Of course, it is just what I think about websites. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers