SITE REVIEW: www.TEMPLATE-TIGER.com

• Template-Tiger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I am new to the forums and would like to know what I should add or remove from my sites layout to make my site more successful. I get a lot of traffic as it is but could always use more. :)

Thanks

http://www.template-tiger.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Toyminator
  • Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator
  • Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice,

menu graphics are low quality tho
  • Template-Tiger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your reply

Which menu graphics are you talking about? On the side? The menu headings? The menus on the side are just text.

Let me know
  • datums
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • datums

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

You might want to take a look at this
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ger.com%2F

some tips on fixing up some of the html on the site.

Good use of color. Is the site an actual template from somewhere?
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice use of colors except the yellow in the table at the bottom right....cuz the header has yellow and the login section...so in other words it's a bit over used and remember it's a bright color so it kinda steal the show from the other spots. When i opened the site the first areas i notice is the yellow...so use it well and use it where attention is needed.

Overall i think it's an excellent site and very well done. Keep it up.
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm getting this weird purple background in my page. This is my default background color. You will want to subvert the default by specifying the background color as white.
  • Ashes
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: The bosom of Dixie.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, definitely want to set the background color. It's illegible to me.

Also the "Your source for professional..." graphic is very difficult to read. You might want to consider lightening the text.
  • George_Gambino
  • Student
  • Student
  • George_Gambino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm, ok site. It works, just!

Colours and scheme are OK, though not outstanding. Yes, graphics seems low quality.

But most importantly - I'm surprised no one has mentioned this - the loading time is very slow. We run a 256k IDSN line and it still took over 8 seconds to download. Hate to think how it loads on a 56k connection.

Problem is, users will easily lose patience and click the back button. To improve this your going to have to compromise on some graphics. Firstly, your using far too many images to display mere text; for example, member login and retrieve password. Not necessary.

Go here http://www.netmechanic.com for tips on improving your sites download speed. It's a good resource site.

Also, just to be pedantic, I find this interesting --> updated weekly and daily! Hmm, there's something just not right with that wording.

In all, a good site - 5/10 - but worthy of a few cosmetic and design modifications.
  • daveM
  • daveM
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice looking site however...

1. I found the menu (top + side) a bit difficult to read, maybe a colour chage ??

2. The 'price' image seems very fuzzy, not very clear to see..

Other than that it looked like a nice site.. :D
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

you're selling web templates and you're asking for design advice???
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why not make the SUPPORT and CONTACT US page into two seperate pages. Not everybody is going to scroll down and they might think that you have two of the same pages.

You could also get rid of the TWO links and just make one link labeled SUPPORT
  • Webmaster K
  • Born
  • Born
  • Webmaster K
  • Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall I really enjoyed your site. You made good use of bright color especially given the topic of your site. The image selection is also great, however, as mentioned in some of the previous posts, some of the jpegs seem a bit blurred. Could you replace them with png-24 or raise the jpeg compression quality to 100%?

Also I didn't notice the navigation at the top (home, contact us) until someone pointed it out in the post. The tigers on the left direct my eyes to the lower navigation bar. The top right seems to break away from the rest of the design.

Overall its still a distinctive and eye-catching design. :Fade-color
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's down for me... i'll check back later
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad at all, the site is very bright and colorful, I don't know how much of a demand there is for the product, but if you can make a go at it more power to ya. One suggestion, on the template sample page make those images thumbnails so when you click on them it will come up full screen, so the user can get a better idea of what that template would look like.
  • saybrah
  • Student
  • Student
  • saybrah

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is nice except i dont like the way the bottom of the screen is chopped off.
  • Cobnobl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the site, but the colors are just everywhere. i got very distracted
  • eyell
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm.... site's not loading for me.

Uh oh . . . 404
  • frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice!

I would agree that the yellow on the login needs to be brightened pull another yellow from your banner...something more subtle.

You layout your site like a brochure or a catalog. Hmm, you must be a desktop publishing refugee? Just an observation. This is not good or bad, but I am curious if this is the case.

Anyways, your site is nice, busy yet clean.
  • pdfoto
  • Born
  • Born
  • pdfoto
  • Loc: Florida, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Template-Tiger wrote:
Hi, I am new to the forums and would like to know what I should add or remove from my sites layout to make my site more successful. I get a lot of traffic as it is but could always use more. :)

Thanks

http://www.template-tiger.com

Ok,

Just checked you site and I like the overall design. The color scheme is good and pleasing to the eye. The graphics are clean and crisp. Easy to see. Navigation is quick, and intuitive.

However...:) There is always a however...

Your slogan is barely readable. - Suggestion: Make the text a little darker.

The right column under "Newest Templates" contains no links. My first instinct was to click on the links that were not there. I know "Why" you you don;t have links there but maybe a low-res screenshot-popup of the template would be cool. This way the user maybe is more enticed to Join. Great postion though. Don't move it.

The Tigers are cute, and the overall design is simple and clean. very user friendly. Color scheme is pleasing to the eye.
  • EzHostPlan.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site. I must agree with pdfoto about the menu on the right. When I first go there I assume that they links and try to click them. The popup sample idea is an excellent suggestion. That was people get an idea of what some of your templates look like.

Other then that. Great site and if any of your members need hosting you can send them my way :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers