SITE REVIEW: www.thailand-dealer.com

• jfambrini
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jfambrini

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi this is John Fambrini, an ex-CIO now retired in Bangkok Thailand. I help out with websites of two auto exporters here in Bangkok.

Sites of both these exporters have recently experienced catastrophic declines perhap because of Panda and Penguin. I would love your feedback on www.thailand-dealer.com. This site was on first page for most of its search terms as Toyota hilux vigo, 2012 Vigo, 2012 fortuner thailand and thailand pickup truck dealer. Now it is not even in first 100 in some instances and not even in first 200 searches on other search terms. Any advice on design, usability and SEO would be appreciated. Right before this decline I had added the site to 100 directories so not sure if it was because of that or because of Penguin.

Thanks,
Regards
John
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Satwant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

3 points to Start

1) Home Page Description / Welcome Message is bit odd to eyes, Font Size up-down while scrolling down make it more bad.

2) Font choice can be changes as current font is not suit your overall theme. Also web links can be more attractive with a good font.

3) Fevicon at top is still default one from Joomla, You can change it with your own logo.
  • jfambrini
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jfambrini

Post 3+ Months Ago

Satwant wrote:
Hi

3 points to Start

1) Home Page Description / Welcome Message is bit odd to eyes, Font Size up-down while scrolling down make it more bad.

2) Font choice can be changes as current font is not suit your overall theme. Also web links can be more attractive with a good font.

3) Fevicon at top is still default one from Joomla, You can change it with your own logo.

Dear Satwant:
Thanks for the feedback. What fonts would you suggest? I'll work on Favicon: good suggestion. Thanks. Any SEO suggestions would also be welcome.
  • Satwant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

i can suggest "Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif" but because you are using "Segoe UI", "Palatino Linotype"and "book Antiqua" font so i guess you have wide range of options for fonts.

You can compare your site's font with javaworld.com which have theme similar to your site.
  • Guest3
  • Born
  • Born
  • Guest3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Change font
Change favicon
Also the page seems dull
  • aleks77
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • aleks77

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think for a main page, there is way too much text in there. I know you want to bring your services accross as much as you can, but perhaps you can reduce the main page having mainly keywords and menus, and then linking to an article if the reader wants to read more.

Also, I would suggest to reconsider the text. Just as an example:

"Our Toyota Hilux Vigo prices are the lowest: our brand new Toyota Hilux Vigo prices are the cheapest and our used Toyota Vigo prices are the lowest. With regards to preowned preloved vehicles, we have the cheapest prices for used Toyota Vigo in Thailand."

As a potential customer, I would start wondering... these statements are very aggressive.

Could it be, that the keyword density of the site is so high, that websites have started to ignore it, and that therefore your ranking has gone down? I am not an SEO expert, but perhaps as a general thought.

Good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers