SITE REVIEW: www.theballroomboutique.com

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.theballroomboutique.com/

I did this quickly for a friend. She wants more pictures and less text but I tell her that text is good for Google.

1) Is it bad to have the infinity logo on each page?

2) What would you add? Pictures of shoes etc?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The font on the Ballroom Boutique "logo" is a nice font, but has aliasing issues. I'm trying to remember what that font is, but it seems like every time I've seen or used it I see the aliasing prob. Try a different font for that, or fix that one.

The menu looks like it was created in Image Ready but is missing the rollovers. Not sure what to suggest. I like the colors, but not the menu itself. I think it's the background on the menu items that isn't working for me.

The content is basic and I think adequate, however, I don't like the constrained page width on the content, but the menu/header that expands for resolution. I'd rather see the entire page the same width.

//additional

I don't mind the infinity logo on each page, but unless you are looking it isn't clear at first the connection.

Also the graphic images that are all grouped together, you anticipate being a sales menu of sorts. Instead it's a single link that takes you to a directions page. Sorry that isn't clicking.
  • missyvoid
  • Born
  • Born
  • missyvoid

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first impression was that the site looks very corporate.
I also tried clicking the pictures thinking it would take me to a shop or to a page where I could browse the products.
I find it strange that the heads of the dancers in the header picture are cut off
the content is fine if a little sparse
  • HelgaValerie
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HelgaValerie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't place the Where we are located button to be the second one, but more likely the las one, and probably with a different text: no this is the largest button in the menu, and seems to be the most important one.
  • jwesley
  • Born
  • Born
  • jwesley

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems nice! Perfect color combination but what annoys me is the photo of the dancers. They look horrible without their heads! LOL! :)
  • genux
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks nice.. but would need more content I would say. The review of how to buy shoes is good, but just need to have someone purchases or a catalog ?

But shall have to agree with jwesley, the dancers do look weird without there heads.
  • ljianyih
  • Born
  • Born
  • ljianyih

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your website a lot. The interface looks very nice and the color, especially the brown gold color makes your website looks classy. Great website design !!
  • rlopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

The infinity logo seems fine to me.

I also don't like the beheaded dancers and you should really fix the onsite SEO.
  • ournishani
  • ournishani

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya first impression that comes after seeing beheaded dancers is negative..please complete them first..and for location u can opt for google maps
  • Orajames
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: PA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Review: Took a moment to view this site, check out all the pages and read through for grammar mistakes. From what I can see you have a very simple, yet dark site, nice functioning easy-to-navigate setup. Worked well in Opera, Mozilla, and IE7. Not a mistake with spelling on any of the pages from what I saw. I thought the bottom link section was a nice touch for those with slower connections, and for older Blackberry users who don't have Java on their phones (FYI, my father has a BB and his runs without Java. Sites with this option saved my life when I use to work with him, using his free mobile internet.)

Suggestions: I understand your going for the theme of Ballroom dancing, however the focus had an absolutely darkening-depressing feel, lacking in standing out theme wise. The content isn't heavy so no strain on the eyes, but I do feel that maybe a classy ruby/royal/rich red with gold/black banners going vertical, with the same main content style would help this page with drawing an audience. However, I understand this could be a client Website and was asked to be as such.

Overall I give it 2 thumbs up! Or a :handsup: "IT'S GOOD!"
  • katierosy
  • katierosy

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should concentrate on font and search engine optimization. Other than that everything is fine.
  • danviettravel77
  • Born
  • Born
  • danviettravel77

Post 3+ Months Ago

The couple on your homepage should have their heads!
It does not look like with the current pictures!
  • ayona
  • Born
  • Born
  • ayona

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice to looking! color combination is excellent !!!but annoying the photo of the dancers. please put the full photo of dancers
  • saranya05
  • Born
  • Born
  • saranya05

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really loved the color themes you used... but The dancers without their head looks as an incomplete design..
  • ShaunPecker
  • ShaunPecker

Post 3+ Months Ago

I Love the font of the logo.It would be nice if there was a hovering effect for the navigation menu.Like others said,it would be nice if the picture of the dancers is full.But the color suits the sites purpose.And its misleading when people click on the product line and it takes them to a address.Rest is good.Good Luck.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 21 days ago

Your website is looking well and good only change what you need to do is please change the background colour of the website as it is not giving a clear visuals to the visitors if you change the background colour means then it will attract more visitors to your website which will gain more traffic to your website.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers