SITE REVIEW: www.ugplay.com

• ultimategp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ultimategp

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey please review http://www.ugplay.com thankx :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked the basic format, colors and so on, but you lost me the moment the onload popup hit my screen.

The sniper game refused to load, and since I refuse to allow java active in my browser, it's my guess that is the cause.

I fail to see why so many "entertainment" sites insist on using ad popup windows, speaking for myself, it simply annoys the living hell out of me and usually cuts short the browse session....let alone convinces me to not do any click-throughs :-]

C.C.
  • Lukus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Lukus
  • Loc: UK - Essex

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, agree with the ad pop up, didn't personally happen for me, but either way I guess we've all got bills to pay!

Worst bit is that now I can't stop playing :P
  • on9now
  • on9now

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

Overall, OK site, you should use smaller picture for all your flash games
and smaller font would be better.
How come the "Log-in" box is not working? you working on it?
  • Chris-Duff
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have nothing against advertisement as long as it's sublte.
But the " an error occured on your computer" flashing and looking like a windows error is a real turn-off...

The sniper game didn't work for me either
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that you need graphics, or if you are not graphicl, colours, it is way too plain. also a bit too many adds
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Chris-Duff wrote:
I have nothing against advertisement as long as it's sublte.
Yeah, there's nothing subtle about the ads on that site :D
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just find there is too much though. like you have it ont he top and one eiter side too..
  • jeruk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Hermosillo

Post 3+ Months Ago

the games are good, the desing is so poor, you need work some in the desing to be more llamative, good work...
  • Katmandu
  • Student
  • Student
  • Katmandu
  • Loc: Spain, Mallorca

Post 3+ Months Ago

The snipper game only works on IE not on FF.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lose the popup window - guaranteed to pit visitors off :!:
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Notice to play these games you may need Java, Flash, or Shockwave

Does this message display all the time? It should optimally be made to only display if you dont have those, but if you cant do that, then atleast move it below the news.

For your dropdown category selection you should make it automatic, instead of having to click the button. The clicks add up.

With the sections that are non-existant, it woudl be helpful to mention when you are introducing that feature.

There are so many other game sites. You need to make yours extra special if you want to succeed. Good luck with it.
  • ageek
  • ageek
  • Loc: In your mind....

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing that I notice when I look at your site is advertisements. The advertisement at the top is bigger than your logo. Also, the actual design of the logo is not very appealing. If you made it easier to read, and a bit bigger, it would make your site much more appealing.

The second thing I noticed is your choice of font. Rather than use Times New Roman, use something more along the lines of Arial. It is easier on the eyes and makes the reader more willing to actually read what you have on your site.

The last thing that I noticed on your home page is that your email address is a mailto link. These annoy me and I don't use outlook, and it would be much better if the link brought you to an email form that you just had to fill in the textboxes and click submit.

That was just my humble opinion and good luck on your site.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you're going to have ads at the top, do text ads so things arent jumping all over the place. Maybe you have too many ad boxes? Shave one or both off the bottom...? I can almost guarantee that 2 boxes dont give you that much more than one box.
  • wincyclopedia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wincyclopedia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not a big fan of the Logo. It is hard to read.

I also think you should make the site more of a fixed width design. I just think it would lay out better.
  • ultimategp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ultimategp

Post 3+ Months Ago

these are really good comments...i will work on it much more...yes the sign up is under construction and popunders will be gone as soon as the site grows a lil more is that ok you thnk? and i will be adding many more games and also changeing the font....going to try to fix up the site as good as possible....first i will tell you guys when i complete the site when im done with all the updates and stuff i will let you guys know and will continue on working with the site more after that....

more comments will help alot thankx everyone!
  • tarun_ce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarun_ce
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

i wanna give my review comments as
your site provides quite interesting games.

http://www.ugplay.com/

but i think that index page takes too much loading time.

you should not provide too heavy links on index page.

Thanks
  • ultimategp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ultimategp

Post 3+ Months Ago

thankx for the comments heres and update the will be happeing soon

i have changed the font and added more games when i update the site i will let you guys know then you guys tell me what you think about the new font and how you like the new games thankx
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you finished reading and taking into consideration what we need and hoping for more reviews? Or still working on it?
  • violatordead
  • Loc: Denver

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, Author

Simple , clean design...but pop ups. May be it is your commercial part to use popups, but users dont like them. You have adsense which is good.

If I was a owner of this site first thing that I did change the logo, kinda not stylish i would say for this type of web, but generally site is fine.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes. Popups are horrible!
  • TheVoice
  • Born
  • Born
  • TheVoice
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the sign at the top right corner of the page. I glanced at the arrangement of the games and it was alright. Your site does not make me want to stay when I come to it. I suggest that you find a talented flash designer to whip your site into shape (me for instance). If you did this from purely html - that is impressive but if not- you have a long way to go. Have a good day.
  • inno
  • Born
  • Born
  • inno

Post 3+ Months Ago

very simple design ,so u can work on tht........but games are very good
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

the layout isnt overly fancy which i think is a good thing but the grey is a little boring
u have laid it out with a mix of divs and tables to its not too lazy... web developers consider table layouts to be lazy... but that is a good mix for functionality

only real problem is the pages being individual seperate pages, it would b brilliant if they were loaded from a database or php includes... and also a LOT easier to maintain
and the games r good
  • ultimategp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ultimategp

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright everyone! i have finally updated the site, i have made a new logo, changed the font, and most of all added more games!

I have still got to make the entertainment area, forums, login, and leaderboard(i will let you know when i finish that)

So hit me up with your comments on the site!
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing that comes to mind is remove the popups! Somehow your popup gets through both IE's and Google Toolbar's popup blockers. I think it's important to remember that the power in the Internet lies in empowering the user and keeping the user in control. I have these popup blockers to remain in control, but you take that away from me. Just a bad first impression.
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

it looks good. the design is simple and the games are great. however, most of them dont work that great for a laptop with a touchpad.. overall 7/10 very nice
  • ultimategp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ultimategp

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks to everyone i think i have enough info now please let me know if you have any last minute comments/suggestions thanks!
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a nice site, love the logo! But it needs more color and/ or grpahics. As its standing, its quite bland. I like how the content is laid out but your popups/unders really annoy me. The games are great and you should really promote your site by joining topsites for instance. Also, as a note, define the seperation between each game in the index and change your Times New Roman Font....other than that, your site looks great. Good luck...
  • Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Birmingham, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

popups all over the place, disasterous, i closed the site straight away and was pleased that my browser didn't crash. all i can suggest is get rid of the popups to make ur site more pleasant to visitors :!:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 37 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers