• Novice
  • Novice
  • ukshopsnet
  • Loc: HIGH PEAK, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I have just about finished the new look for

http://www.ukshopsnet.com

added since the last version of the site is a far better site search that is currently listing over 400,000 products, this also has an advanced search function - testing and feedback of this functionality would be great.

I am wanting ALL feedback, good or bad... I also would like advice on how to really push this site to a UK audience, i.e. how to get UK visitors in great numbers!

Cheers in advance
Phil

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ukshopsnet.com/funny-pages.html
Bringing a bit humour to the day!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Liverpool - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a nice site.
Ohhh and hey, you've had the same idea as me ;)
except im still making mine... (ive still been making it since january.. but ahh well)
  • gba_m
  • Student
  • Student
  • gba_m

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should tell an approximate date on when the bargains section opens. Don't pop-up windows about UKnews, UKsports, ... Use the center frame to show them. Great overall website!
  • ukshopsnet
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ukshopsnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

With regard to the news feeds, they open up in a new window because these are remotely hosted and they do not have the target="blank" tag in the hyperlinks to news items, so if I was to place these in the centre window they would open up a full page but within the window, and since this window is only 300px wide then it would not look so good.

The bargains, you are right, I either need to put a date or get this job done asap.

Cheers for the feedback
Phil

cut & paste funny emails at
http://www.ukshopsnet.com/funny-pages.html
  • mnmarkm
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Cloquet, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
uk shopping portal,Internet Store,online shopping mall,buy book online,shopping online,video games,clothing shopping,online sports store,onlines games,wine online,buy wine online,music online,online music store,home shopping network,discount stores,discount shopping,promotional giveaways,online florists,jewellery store,body jewellery,online shops,stores,eshops,shopping directories,malls,estores,uk discount shopping online,uk cheapest deal, uk shops,uk shopping,shops,shopping,uk shop directory,uk shopping directory,shops online,british shops,high street shops,home shopping,UK shop finder,shop directory,shopping directory,uk shop,christmas gift ideas,christmas shopping,xmas,christmas,shop search,stores,malls,designer shops,famous shops,buy online,uk online shops,electrical,mobile phones,clothes,sports,games,wine,chocolate,music,dvd movies,price comparison,shopping,discounts,competitions,exclusive offers,promotions,games,antiques,arts,crafts,florists,health,home and garden,food,wine,giveaways,jewellery.

If this listing is for the search engines, you can make the text the same color as the background. It shortens the page and cleans it up a bit more. The bots that verify sites for Search Engines check the content, not the colors.

Other than that, it's a clean crisp look. I like it !
  • ukshopsnet
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ukshopsnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

With regard to the colours of the text on the page I have heard that entering "secret" keyword loaded text in the same colour as the background is frowned upon and can result in damaging search engine results.

I am sure that this type of thing is now monitored by some of the larger indexes??? A tip I have heard of is to use a 1x1px image and fill the alt tag with keyword loaded text, this works especially well at the top of a page.

Cheers for the positive feedback!

Phil
  • Creatormaster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Creatormaster
  • Loc: Nevada

Post 3+ Months Ago

You website is probably one of the best uk shopping site I have seen. But the only thing I would have to add is there is a lot of gray at the left of the screen. Where it says Home and About Us and Contact Us. You should extend the table or make the gray spot a little smaller.

Another thing is the white space, you should consider is the amount of 'unused' space. It can make the difference between good and bad.

Other than that great site!
  • ukshopsnet
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ukshopsnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like how you started your post with "Your website is probably one of the best uk shopping site I have seen" :D That is very encouraging - however, the page width is fixed so in some browsers it will not fill the screen hence the white space - I think there isn't a lot I can do about this at the moment.

Cheers for the comment

Phil :wink:
  • ukshopsnet
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ukshopsnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Take a critical peek now at my site.... what am I doing right and what am I doing wrong????

I am quite happy with it - I am trying to build Google PR so please take some time to link to me... there is a view/add links button on every page of my site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers