SITE REVIEW: www.uni5bd.com

• hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

I design this site for one of my clients..who wants a website really really simple looks but professional. I can't use image, I can't use flash for the restriction of my clients..so I don't know does it looks professional or not..so please review it for myself to know about any cross browser or any other problem.

click here to visit http://www.uni5bd.com
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

well there seems to be images there to me...
I like the size and colours, professional. You need more on the homepage. Instead of going on about todays market place, tell them what you do FIRST, otherwise they wont read it and go onto a new site. The code is ok not perfect. You need to describe what the boxes are on the left. i mean, what does an 'internet' box mean?!
Next, i think as you have that orange header at the top, and nowhere else, you should ahve something similar to that at the bottom bar, instead of the dark grey. I think also this is another site i call 'frozen'. there is nothing happening. 7/10
  • webmasterforum
  • Student
  • Student
  • webmasterforum

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very professional graphics, I really like them. Except for the rollover buttons, I had to stare at them for five minutes to decide if they were rollovers or if my mind was playing a trick. I suggest you make the rollover a bigger change, maybe make the button turn from red to blue or green or something.
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design, but for me, the text are to small, and the nav-bar left, has to small or to close links together. maby im tired now, but i had to pince my eyes togheter to read text on site.
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys for your valuable reply...I will ask them to put some more information. ANd ofcourse I'm taking seriously of your suggestions and hope will fix sooner.

@ace5p1d0r
Man..what do you mean by "code is ok but not perfect"? I'm new at website developement...so..please..if there any wrong in the code let me know and I have not put any meta contents there and that I know very well...except that please let me know.
  • The Smoker King
  • The Smoker King
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website looks very professional, and it is very easy to navigate. I would add more content to the first page, for search engine ranking purposes, but the website as a whole is very good so far.

Keep up the good work.
  • aimillie
  • aimillie
  • Loc: Largo, FL - USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice looking site, professional. There is a typo in the word "serivices" in top navigation. I don't like the bulleye graphics above the links too much. I would encode the email address in the contact us page, so you don't get spam emails. Overall it does achieve what you want.. and has a professional look ... B+ :wink:
  • ktata57
  • Born
  • Born
  • ktata57

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D Images and flash will add to the webpage size only which will make the webpage load slowly. Fast webpage loading is also an important criteria for wepage optimization and effective advertising on search engines.

So what I suggest is use simple html tags and use images minimally that too after you optimize your images keeping their size to 9KB. You can optimize your images using adobe photoshop.

Also avoid using frames. Instead of frames use tables.

Use text or content on your page as much as possible. Search engines look for text not images.

Best of luck. see for example at http://www.123-homebiz.com
  • krisna
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: bali

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my opinion your site like a pro and dont forget to add meta tag when you complete your site. If you use image, use alt tag for the description of the images.
  • DomainMagnate
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • DomainMagnate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good and clean site, only the text on the top picture doesn't seem too good. Try to change the font or color, it may help
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks cool good idea i like it
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks Professional but i dont like the colours. The header doesnot match the layout that much. The navigation buttons are okay , but could have been better. With that header , you could have given them a bit orange color , so that they would match.
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys...I'm making conversation with my clients with the site...He was out of town for a while..now he is back..and hope all the problems will fix soon.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

really clean man. I like the use of white space. The text in the header on your right...you can do something to that and yes...navigation font is a bit too small. Maybe size 11px.

Otherwise it's a clean design.
  • Madcows kill
  • Madcows kill

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site is good but it is just a littloe bit plain around the text.
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Madcows kill wrote:
the site is good but it is just a littloe bit plain around the text.

Yes exactly mate....my client didn't give me all the info..so there is some demo text..hope as soon as he give me I will add them.
  • football-guy
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: home

Post 3+ Months Ago

its ok wodn't ask a friend 2 view it soz
  • yktan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yktan

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest, I think the navigation buttons are the only part that makes the page looks not-so-professional. Then again, it might be just my preference
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay now I decide to change the navigation system..cause majority visitors here comments those are some problems or what ever!!! Thanks mate..I think I really should change that and fix other problems as soon as possible...just give me sometimes :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers