SITE REVIEW: www.vod-casting.co.uk

• brd1984
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brd1984
  • Loc: Chester, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please have a look at my new site.

It's a directory of vodcast (or video podcast) feeds.

It also contains information regarding how to create the feeds and use the feeds.

Link:

http://www.vod-casting.co.uk

Please reply with any criticisms/advice

Many Thanks
Ben
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site, it's nice and clean ... I would change a few things though ... Maybe add some rollovers just to liven it up a bit, and those rollovers that you do have, maybe just make the text change colour to lime green or red, instead of using a background colour.

Your page took quite some time to load, maybe just optimise your images ... using photoshop's "save for web" feature, it keeps the quality, but reduces the size quite drastically ...

Also, the w3c markup validator found 13 errors on your page ... http://validator.w3c.org ... check them out.

Also when I hover my mouse over the "www" icon on one of the sections (ex. comedy) the image makes a weird white block around it ... I think it's because of your stylesheet, where your rollovers also have that white background ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice very appleish in appearance but I agree with RT there needs to be some serious rollover work. The negative rollover is pretty distracting perhaps something a little more subtle, but more then the blue button in the middle I noticed the underline before I noticed the color change. You also might want to remove the white corners from the blue button so the corners look rounded. You should be able to change them to black and be fine.
  • brd1984
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brd1984
  • Loc: Chester, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink wrote:
You also might want to remove the white corners from the blue button so the corners look rounded. You should be able to change them to black and be fine.

Not sure where you mean 'blue button' ?!?

Thanks for your feedback.

righteous_trespasser:

The rollover effect is one that I desired so im going to stick with that. Thanks for pointing out the mistake with the www rollover though.
All of my images are saved using 'save for web'!

Thanks for your feedback.
  • puertovallartafish
  • puertovallartafish

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site good look very clean

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers