SITE REVIEW: www.wbmSolutions.net

• Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.wbmsolutions.net

I set this up two nights ago. Please let me know if you think it's appealing. It's not the usual exit exchange layout, so please let me know what you think of the design.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think it needs to be wider
  • Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

What do you think needs to be wider? It doesn't fill up your screen?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

On my screen I have a huge empty black space on the right, and also below. I am on a 1280x1024 resolution.
  • Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

It does that on another computer of mine, but so do a lot of other sites. I don't know how to fix it, do you?

BTW, thanks for the input.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also I noticed that all the other pages on your site do not match the style of your main page. I really think you should try to have some matching overall style on all your pages. When I click on your links it almost feels like I am going to another site because the pages are totally different.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Micah wrote:
It does that on another computer of mine, but so do a lot of other sites. I don't know how to fix it, do you?

Well there isn't really anything wrong with the syntax as far as I can tell. In other words there is nothing wrong with the HTML. Your problem is just basically a design issue. To resolve the problem you would basically need to redesign the site to either not use fixed table widths.

Another option would be to possibly center your design so that the empty black spaces would be equal on each side which might help balance things about. As far as the empty black space on the bottom you could probably extend the table farther or find a creative way to fill it up.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree that the site should have a consistent layout. The front page was visually appealing on my 1024x768 screen with an acceptable amount of empty space, although you might want to center the content for higher resolutions. But the subpages are rather plain and the descriptions of the products are somewhat short. Perhaps you might want to add a "how it works" description for each product for those who are not already versed in banner/affiliate programs, so they can get more information before being asked to sign up.

Also the word "recourses" appears on your About Us page which seemed a bit odd. It is a word, but it seems out of place and looks like a misspelling of "resources."
  • Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll have to get a new template and build the site again to make the php pages look like the homepage. That's something mentioned on another board as well, so I obviously need to fix it.

About the "How it Works," awesome idea. I had mindlessly (lol) assumed everyone knew how an exchange works. I like that idea a lot.

Since the new pages will also be from a template I'll have to play around with the pages to get the stuff centered. (I not experienced in designing pages.)

Thanks for everyone's input, you've all helped out a lot.

And I thought I was done. :wink:

Micah
  • Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh yea, "recource" was a spelling mistake. I'll correct that as I remake the site.
  • Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I remade the site with a whole new look. I added the "How it Works", a short slide show that I may have to expand on - tell me your thoughts. I have yet to center the page for higher resolutions.

CowKiller .. I like the new banner.

BTW, I just set this new site up about 30 minutes ago and I'm still looking for errors. Let me know if you find any.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like this design a lot better because it uses an outer table that is set to 100% and that means that it will expand to fill up any blank space at higher resolutions, so you won't need to worry about centering the content.

The only thing I noticed was that the fonts on the home, products, and about page are somewhat small, especially at higher resolutions.

The fonts on the affiliates pages seemed okay at all resolutions, so perhaps you could use the same on the other pages.

Anyway it looks good, but I think you should make the fonts consistent on all the pages and expanding the "how it works" section is a good idea, but you're clearly on the right track and you can always add to it.
  • Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great, thanks.

The affiliates page is the only one of those 4 that's not a .php file, so that must be making the difference. I guess I'll play around with the font sizes on those pages.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Micah that is a ton better, this site looks pretty professional now :)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry i didn't reply to the old version, but i saw it. This one is definitely
better. I like the colors, very professional graphics. Good work.
  • Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to everyone for your help and comments. I got more help from this forum than any other webmaster forum I posted to.

UNFLUX - those are some awesome sites you made; I especially like the band's site, where you can listen to different songs by clicking on the numbers.

Professional bands need to have those where you can watch different music videos by clicking on different titles.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks I really appreciate it. :D
  • RBeau
  • Student
  • Student
  • RBeau
  • Loc: Aurora, CO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Micah,

I think your site has grown quite a bit from it's starting point, works well, now and everything, I like the flash entry page myself, it is pretty neat to watch, and yet it doesn't take long before you are at the content. it is also functional , and i can navigate to exactly where i want to go.

ohh and hey! i even signed up! the member's section works well also, and the code works well also on my site, didn't like the top of my page, but the banner script went well at the bottom. For some reason if I put the banner at the top of my page everything below it (all of the contents of that page) didn't show up.

Works well now and your program seems to work!

RBeau
  • Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. You should sign into your IM.
  • runnindude
  • runnindude

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site, but the dotted lines don't aren't really needed. White space is a wonderfull thing, and the site already has been divided into its sections.

Good Luck
Runnindude <--web developer for 8 years :)
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey thanks (banner).... i can see the site to day beacuse my computer sucks today but by what people said you fixed the problem good work
i will see it when i get the computer fixed then i will give some more frre back
  • alerik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: People Republic of China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have checked out your site and i like it a lot. Very helpful information. It is very clean and all the information you need is there. I will use this site more because it is easy to go from one link to the other.

The only thing is think is missing is a button that links back to your main menu.

Very useful site.

Good luck.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

alerik, kindly stop reviewing sites that are a few years old. it can throw people off and waste their time reviewing sites that dont need to be reviewed.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

alerik, you really are starting to piss people off.
Quote:
Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:37 pm

how is that really so difficult to see. This one isn't even february like the last one so it doesn't make any sense at all. I don't know why anyone would go back to posts a year old and review them.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers