• Graduate
  • kylebacc
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey My site is at:

http://www.WebmasterGoods.com
&
http://www.WebmasterAuctions.net

WebmasterGoods is the offical name for it. It started out as a webmaster auctions site but is now evolving into a auctions and resources site. If you look in the news coloumn you will see what I mean.

I just did a bunch of changes to it so if it looks sloppy please tell me!

Thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CGameProgrammer
  • CGameProgrammer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, first of all, I don't like the double-spaced explanatory text, or the flashing ad right next to it -- it's distracting when one is trying to read.

The site seems very functional, if a bit busy. But, I have to wonder about the bids I'm seeing -- they seem to all be for services/code snippets one can either get for free or write oneself. Additionally, the link impressions don't name the site the link is going on. Basically, your site doesn't, at the moment, have anything I can see anyone actually wanting.

But I don't know how internet advertising works, as I don't participate in it, so maybe I'm not the best person to judge.
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea maybe i will single space the text...what flashing ad? Many things have been bought before... Im trying to get more sellers right now.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

absolutely love them both!, your design is similar to my style of site design i love, nice and slick and clean - easy to navigate *thumbs up* well done~!! :D

(sorry i cant add more - i like it all)
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks rose!
  • CGameProgrammer
  • CGameProgrammer

Post 3+ Months Ago

kylebacc wrote:
yea maybe i will single space the text...what flashing ad? Many things have been bought before... Im trying to get more sellers right now.

Your own ad, with the changing text. Technically it's animated, not "flashing", but I found it distracting. It would be better either placed elsewhere (is there really a need for a webmastergoods ad at the webmaster goods website?) or made static.
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc

Post 3+ Months Ago

CGameProgrammer wrote:
kylebacc wrote:

Your own ad, with the changing text. Technically it's animated, not "flashing", but I found it distracting. It would be better either placed elsewhere (is there really a need for a webmastergoods ad at the webmaster goods website?) or made static.

OOHHHH that one....i put that there so if someone wanted to see what webmastergoods is in a few seconds they could. It was never meant to be and ad but now that you point it out it would be a perfect banner.... :D
  • skyraider

Post 3+ Months Ago

overall, it's an incredibly useful design :D very easy to see what's going on. but in the categories, some of the number appear besides and some under the title... makes it look a little confusing, lol - and maybe the menu links could be a little larger or fit in with the cat links. i love the search and browse - very helpful. and so is the menu below.
nice site!
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey thanks! I really never saw the point of the browse and search but i guess its useful! that's really helpful because I was accualy considering removing them.

Thanks again!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers