SITE REVIEW: www.WebmasterGoods.com - Worth

• kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was wondering if my site was worth anything.... http://webmastergoods.com

I have not had time for it much with school and stuff... heck i havent even posted on ozzu or anything. so i was wondering how much my site might be worth (if anything)

it has PR 5 for http://www.webmastergoods.com and PR 6 for webmastergoods.com (dont ask me how that happened cuz i have no clue). anyway, i have a guy that just started to write a weekly article for the weekly newsletter.... he sends it every week before tues day and i change it in to HTML and put it in the articles section right after i send it out in the newsletter.

the site gets almost all of its traffic from me posting on forums. i have never spent a dime on advertising for it and it was growing steadly for awhile but now that school has got in the way of me posting on forums and stuff... its not getting as much traffic (259 uniques this month so far). if someone had the time to post on forums it could be right back where it was getting new members every other day or so.

my plan for it was in the future when there was alot of members to start charging closing fees or listing fees (right now i have them set to free).

i was just about to go pay this programmer i know $200 to install webstores, buy it now, proxy bidding, and a featured auctions box that would replace the "last created auctions" on the homepage.

the site itself has auctions, se submission, tutorials, articles (1 new one every week), traffic direct (see for yourself kinda hard to explain), link directory, and forums (http://webmasterads.com - its a partnership type thing).

it auto-removes closed auctions that are 30 days old from the system. it has dutch auctions, bolding, highlighting, picture uploading and all kinds of stuff.

if you look at http://webmastergoods.com/future_plans.php you can see what is upcoming as well.

it has a search box so you can search for auctions...and it has a drop down menu for easy browsing... many people have told me the layout and design is great.

in the admin back end:
you can delete, suspend, reactivate, and edit users.
you can add money to users accounts,
you can have the system auto add a set amount of money to new users accounts (i have it at $0 cuz its free to use the site right now anyway).
you can edit, delete, suspend, reactivate auctions too.
you can add, remove, edit help topics (the help section can be found by clicking "Help" on the left menu).
you can add, edit, remove, news (the news section is on the homepage on the right under the stats.
you can re-sync the counters (like the users count and the auctions count in the stats section).
you can send a newsletter to all members.
you can ad/remove categories.
you can ad/remove countries.
you can ad/remove payment methods.
you can edit auctions duration chocies.
you can edit the bid increments.
you can edit the starting fee ($0 right now).
you can edit the closing fee ($0 right now).
you can edit the features fee (like bolding [$1] and highlighting and bolding [$2]).
you can choose a currency for the site (i have it for the us dollar)
you can manage admin users
there are a few things that are back there that dont do anything anymore... for example....you used to be able to change the colors and stuff of the site from the admin back end but now that the site has so much make up on (lol) you dont want to use that anymore.

thats most of the admin section...

um what else... oh, you can "email the seller" via a forum. you can leave feedback. you can "post a question for seller" you can "send this auction to a friend"

you can have reserve prices if you want, you can state weather your item needs to be shipped and weather the seller pays for it or the buyer. you can state weather you ship internationally.

i think thats the all of the important stuff... lemme know if you want to know more... sorry this was so long but there was so much to show you before you quote its worth... anyway um thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I really like it. You have heard most of my feedback over at IMR. A lovely design and a great overall motive. As for why your site has those PRs check link:http://webmastergoods.com and you will see why. You have 2 pr 6 links and that is only in the top 3. Well Done with the site and good luck for the future. 8)
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey thanks man! and thanks for clearing that PR thing up... i couldnt figure out what was happening hehe :oops:
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will try and sign up as soon as I get some time
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc

Post 3+ Months Ago