SITE REVIEW: www.website-copy-writer.com

• ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

Please review my website at http://www.website-copy-writer.com

As you will see, I'm a website copywriter. I am at present trying to boost my traffic. Aren't we all.
So, I want to assure that the site can convert traffic to clients.
If you were looking for someone to write your content, what would make you NOT hire me?
Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks to all for your time.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice, simplistic website. Although it has IMHO a little too much "white space" plus the grey font on white background is a little hard on the eyes.

I also see that in your CSS you are defining the font sizes with pixels instead of percents. By doing that you are disabling the option for the users to enlarge the font size. It may prove a problem for somebody with a bad eyesight.

Also, w3c validation (validator.w3.org) cannot be performed due to character encoding problem. But that not everybody cares about...

On a side-note I'd move the banner so it's right on top and would stick some CSS rollovers on those horizontal links.

Hope it helps
-K
  • kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

One more thing I've noticed all pages have a link to "resources", on About page that link becomes "free ebooks" and points to a non-existant page. Just a little glitch..
  • ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback.
How would you solve the white space problem?
Make the site wider?
Also, I have had someone tell me that it is left justified. On my computer it is centered. What's going on there?
  • steven35
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my opinion, the design, the layout and the color scheme are not attractive.
  • deivnet
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my opinion you should change text and link color, grey and other color are too "light", create more contrast.

Also you can change header image, put different one for all main pages and you give more "movement" to the site so is too static.
  • kwiatek
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

In general, pretty nice. But I agree that it is too static, but IMHO, that in general i prefer such minimalism in design.
  • honestj
  • Born
  • Born
  • honestj

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Ciarac,
I think the your website design is very good and appropriate for a copywriter. I like the fact that you don’t have advertisements and banners everywhere, that makes it look more professional.

Although I love your site, the About section could use some improvement. It seems like your rambling off topic too much. You should use this section to imply your credibility in copywriting and suggest why your service is a must have. What can go wrong without a copywrite?
  • WestPoint
  • WestPoint

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have any problems with the color scheme on your site and like the image. Your question was what would make me hire you...

I would like to see sample writings under the articles section that you've done for someone else (on topics other than copy writing) and/or links to real sites that are using your work.

Also, many writers tend to develop areas of expertise. Not sure if you have any at this point. Examples of expertise would be technical writing, marketing, non-profit/fund raising.... I tend to think that writers who've developed a niche have been doing it longer.

Your site sends a mixed message.
(a) I stumbled into my talent and its not hard
(b) Its hard and there's a lot to it.

If I'm looking to hire someone, your site almost encourages me to just go it on my own? Not that that's bad. But you could put all those resources in a separate section for those who need to control costs and then provide copyright editing services to them instead of original work.

good luck with your work.
  • WestPoint
  • WestPoint

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm an independent consultant and always struggle with the 'me' vs 'us' issue. I was just looking at your "contact us" page. This is only because I struggle with this issue myself, but I think that if you don't have an 'us' then it would be more straight forward (and inviting) if you just wrote that page for yourself....e.g. just say "Contact" in the link

Also, I don't know why, but I don't like email links that aren't visibly printed, so where you have "email me here" I would rather see "email: (linked email address)"

You might also consider a form for those who want to discuss a project. This can help ensure they provide all the information that you're requesting in the paragraph.

Despite all my comments, I really do like your site and wish you the best of luck.
  • ajsajs7
  • Born
  • Born
  • ajsajs7

Post 3+ Months Ago

great site
  • josechukkiri
  • Born
  • Born
  • josechukkiri
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

ciarac wrote:
Hello all,

Please review my website at http://www.website-copy-writer.com

As you will see, I'm a website copywriter. I am at present trying to boost my traffic. Aren't we all.
So, I want to assure that the site can convert traffic to clients.
If you were looking for someone to write your content, what would make you NOT hire me?
Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks to all for your time.

I visited your site. It is very nice to see.
  • ecmoney
  • Born
  • Born
  • ecmoney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think the website is good enough!
  • kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd add some kind of grey (almost white) background for your content area, so it stends out from the rest of the page (the white background).

I checked the site on both MSIE 7.0 and FireFox and on both those browsers the site is center aligned.
  • ceripage
  • Born
  • Born
  • ceripage

Post 3+ Months Ago

the website is too simple. how to boost the traffic?
  • yourfateunknown
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • yourfateunknown

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like this one
  • burger
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • burger
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Over all a nice design. I would sort out the bottom menu and make it one line
  • almajdal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • almajdal

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there,

i am not convinced to hire you if i'm in need for such service, i belive that what convinces first is the first impression given by the site, the colours used are bad, the logo is huge, there is no final touch in your home page, i think you should exert more time in improving the look of your home page.

Best wishes
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Taking into account the service you offer typo's on your own domain reflect very badly ... for example

Submittion of website information to 5 online directories

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • vt220
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site does not center for all as the centering is done by padding the sides. This works fine for the resolution you're making the site on. but as soon as you either resize your browser window or use a different resolution, you'll run into problems.

The standard way of centering a page is to create a wrapper <div class="wrapper> around all your content, then use this CSS rule:

Code: [ Select ]

.wrapper {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 500px;
    text-align: center;
}
  1. .wrapper {
  2.     margin: 0 auto;
  3.     width: 500px;
  4.     text-align: center;
  5. }

The margin: 0 auto; part creates an equal sized margin on left and right (the 0 before auto is to specify top and bottom margin, you can change this if you like, the important bit is auto), but it does require a specified width, which will be the width of your content .

Unfortunately this doesn't work in Internet Explorer, but luckily IE renders text-align: center wrong as well, and centers all elements, not just text. That's why the text-align rule is used above, but remember that this rule will be inherited in all the elements inside the wrapper, so re-justify the text in subsequent elements.

vt
  • gozames
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

At left side of site thare is space and this shuld not be thare try to past there navigation of site .And i think this coolors is not wery good try to use another collors.Good luck
  • comnetraj
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Ciarac,

Pleasant looking site. Many members here have already given some feedback on the use of font and colours. Overall, my opinion is that, it can be improved to give a professional feel towards it.

You can take a look at http://www.peaceworks.com.sg and provide me with your input on that. It's one of the more simplistic sites designed by my company and do take note of the pictures, fonts, colours and taglines used to promote the company's service offerings.

Thank you!
  • imfree35
  • imfree35
  • Loc: GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a simple website and think like everything but the light blue links...they just dont stand out that much. Hope this helps
  • ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi again,

How is my site now?
Thanks so much for all your help, though I'm still in the dark about something.
People are still telling me that my site isn't center aligned, though it is in firefox, on my computer.

VT220 gave me some good guidance, and I get it, but I don't know how to implement it because when I do as suggested, my text is all centered and the text content box, which is slightly off-white, is not centered under the heading cell.

Help!
  • ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have changed my site a whole lot recently.
I've very smug and proud and appreciate greatly all the help offered from all who posted....except the non-constructive posts which litter this section.
Moving along... I would love if someone could take another glance at my site to see the new and improved site
http://www.website-copy-writer.com

Thanks!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site can't be validated by the W3C Validator ... There is some character that is not supported by UTF-8 encoding ... see the validation results here ...

I think firstly you should add rollovers to the left hand side menu aswell ... it looks strange that the bootm menu has rollovers and the left hand side one doesn't ...

Then you could also disable the link of the page that auser is on, for exapmle, if a user is on the "home" page you could disable the "home" link and amke it another colour (or rollover state), this way users won't redirect to the page they are on already and users will know which page they are on ...

Then ... your contact form doesn't validate properly ... meaning ... I just sent you an empty email ... from rt@rt.rt ... it only checks the email address and nothing else ... please make sure of that aswell ...
  • sk_1984
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why all pages have a link of Bookmark
The Font u are using is Georgia...i think verdana will look gud..
You can Use Shapr Color...
I think no need for giving ur url in Title...u can use that space ur main keywords.
gud luck ...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a very handsome site. I like the clean look, I like the header with the pen - (although I don't understand why it's clickable, when clicking on it doesn't take me anywhere) - but still - very pretty. (same comment applies for the pink flower in the top left hand side. clicking on it just reloads the page)

Now I'm going to say something you might construe as malicious, seeing as the site is about providing good copy - but I think you should change yours. Reading the first page I actually found myself wondering whether 'excellent website content' is higher or lower quality than 'superior website content', and which one you might be charging more for............... I'd cut down on the number of superlatives. I realize you're trying to make the service sound attractive, but overdoing that can be as harmful to the overall image as underselling it. I truly don't mean to be harsh - it's just that only honest opinions help improve a site..............

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers