SITE REVIEW: www.weekno.com

• ShadeRF
  • Born
  • Born
  • ShadeRF

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys, this is a site I've been working on for a few months and I've finally entered the beta stage. It's a public beta and I'm looking for feedback. A few features and pages aren't completed, but overall the functionality of the site is there. You will actually have to create an account and login to see most of the features, which are accessible via your toolbar. BTW, I managed to break the toolbar a few minutes ago and it's currently not working in IE, only Firefox and Opera. I'm gonna try to fix it shortly, but it may or may not work in IE by the time you review this. Also, you'll notice the name on the site is not the same as the domain, this is because I still have not picked a final name, as any good name I've come up with is taken by domain squatters. Thanks!

http://www.weekno.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the fact that its clean but the white is a little overpowering. You might want to look into a back ground outside the content area just to dumb down that whitespace and soften it a bit.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

All right ... Firstly (as I always start off) the W3C validator found 27 errors in your coding (of the home page) ... click here to see them in action ...

I like the colours that you used, and your pictures are real smooth ... good job there ...

You could also maybe disable the link of the page that a user is on, for instance if a user is on the "ideas" page then you could disable the "ideas" link seeing that it's already another colour ...

It feels to me like your header section is too small (vertically) ... the whole time it feels as if I need to be able to scroll up some more ... this is just my opinion though ...

That category list you've got there also doesn't feel right to me, I think it's because it's narrower than the header section ...

I love those pop-up "boxes" you've got on the "ideas" page when you hover over a user's name ... Good one ...

On the registration page the text in the textboxes feel way too big for me ... it's a bit overwhelming in comparison to the other text ... then also to some people "email id" is a bit confusing ... Just replace that with "email" or "email address" or something similar ... Then also your "check availability" and "submit" buttons look different from your "browse" button ... Then also after a user has registered it says that "a message has been sent to your emailID, which might be confusing to some newbies ...

After logging in I get to a page with "Righteous_Trespasser's tools" which has a little box in the middle of a huge whitespace ... It looks a little lost to me ... So why don't you instead of having those little icons with ALT tags for descriptions, have nice larger icons with proper descriptions next-to or under them? ... Okay I only saw now that that little menu is float-able ... Well in that case the "logged in" page is completely empty ... not good ...

your website wrote:
Currently you don't have any Ideas, Click here to create a idea.

Doesn't that sound a bit harsh to you ... "Currently you don't have any ideas" ... I think you can change that to ... "You haven't posted any of your ideas yet ... bla bla"

Then in the forum when posting a reply to a message, the font is real nasty compared to the rest of your site ... I'd like if you could change that ...

your website wrote:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-2,2' at line 1

This is what happened when I tried to post a reply to your message ... Even though I got that message my reply was still posted, but at first I thought it wasn't because I couln't find the page numbers of the thread they weren't at the bottom as with most forums ... and why are there only two replys on each page of a thread, that's a bit irritating having to read two and then go to the next page ...

Maybe also in your category listing you can add a number next to each category showing how many ideas are listed under that category ...

I think that's about it from my side ...
  • ShadeRF
  • Born
  • Born
  • ShadeRF

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heya, thanks for your great reply. I will be working on fixing some of these things ASAP. These are the types of reviews I'm looking for as I often times overlook some of the smaller issues, or miss things since the project is so huge. Also, just wanted to mention that the Member Login Home Page will not be blank for long. It has already been designed on a mockup and I will work on implementing it into the site starting Monday. It will be a nice hub divided into several quadrants for user's to get their information all in one page. Thanks again and I look forward to more reviews!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes especially on your own projects ... I also overlook quite a few things when designing my sites, because I have my own way of looking at it and browsing through the site and then miss quite a lot of stuff ... But it's a pleasure ...
  • Glock
  • Born
  • Born
  • Glock
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site there, i would rate it 8/10, great colour scheme uve used i think you should correct the xhtml esrror :S

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers