SITE REVIEW: www.yourfateunknown.com

• yourfateunknown
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • yourfateunknown

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey there
Recently i set up a small website

Basically its like alluc.org or tubezom.com where i just link you to online movies, music and stuff. Im pretty happy with it so far.HOwever i did use a old domain name that doesnt fit tbhh :(

im pretty happy with it overall, Except low on traffic?

Contstructive crit please?

excuse my spelling ^_^
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need some EYE CANDY! The site is really "clean", but people looking for this type of stuff want some visual stimulation. The code looks really clean A+ on that, but I don't see any meta tags. I know some people think they are a waste, but I still believe in them. Also when I click on ICONS, the screen screws up. It overlaps itself. Plus the name is....not in the least relevant to what you are doing. Maybe that is what you were trying to get across. Where these links going? I tried to click on one and I got a WARNING MESSAGE. That could have something to do with your traffic too. People are afraid and they aren't telling their friends or coming back. Is this legal?
  • yourfateunknown
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • yourfateunknown

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes this site is totally legal. Im not hosting any of the videos, Im the middle man, If what im doing is illegal they better shut down google and yahoo etc.

I just direct people to movies
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

yourfateunknown wrote:
yes this site is totally legal. Im not hosting any of the videos, Im the middle man, If what im doing is illegal they better shut down google and yahoo etc.

I just direct people to movies

I see...I just know there a site very similar that I enjoyed and it was shut down.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I basically agree with the above - it's a great looking site but too clean and simple for its subject. there's another thing I'd point out though - when I click on the music, icons and contact links, I get a thick horizontal black bar stretching across the whole screen in the lower half of the page. why that? (viewing in FF)
  • Hob Bramble
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Indiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll have to agree with celandine and zaiah - I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's far too clean. You need some pizazz, some kick - something to make it *pop* more.

Also, though you may just be the middle man, keep an eye out: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/oct/19/digitalmedia.media

Quote:
Fact claims that tv-links.co.uk was providing links to illegal film content that had been camcorder recorded from cinemas and then uploaded to the internet. The site also provided links to TV shows that were being illegally distributed.

(Bold added by me.)

He didn't host anything, he just linked to it, but they still arrested him and shut down his site.
  • yourfateunknown
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • yourfateunknown

Post 3+ Months Ago

thaT IS totally true but i stand by saying that google should be illegal as well

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers