SITE REVIEW: X3dom.net

• X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my personal web page with my blog and stuff.. I just made a new layout and I was wondering what people thought about it.

Also, I used a .js file for the rollovers.. I don't know what else to try to get it to work in opera (I do obviatus.com and I was informed that it doesn't work in opera).

http://www.x3dom.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site is ok. You don't really have alot of content on there yet though. Why did you publish your site if it's not completed?
  • elven-ranger
  • Born
  • Born
  • elven-ranger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Still need a forum, and to many grey i think
  • Olympias
  • Loc: Macedonia and WPB

Post 3+ Months Ago

Waaaaaa...

Nothing here yet!
Nothing here yet!
Nothing here yet!

Nice colors (I like grey), but I dont like empty sites... But hey, go ahead, a good site is always under construction!
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

As stated within this post, there isn't much content but as far as design and layout - yes, there is a lot of grey, perhaps playing with another color which works with grey could help make the site look more spiffy?

Keep at it, your in the right direction.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Site is ok. You don't really have alot of content on there yet though. Why did you publish your site if it's not completed?

I question this myself, but I understand that some may want some feedback as they work in progress to fine-tune their ideas.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as the design aspect of your site goes, I think that it has a very nice layout, very clean and organized. I think the gray on gray (background) isn't very striking however. Visually, it just doesn't stand out for me, and well the obvious lack of content. I think that it has a nice layout however. Just my 2 cents.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would thicken up the footer (make it longer). It looks a little too mini. Maybe just by like 20px.

On the blog page, try separating the entries a little more. Everythingkindarunstogether and your eyes are like "ahhhh!"

The large "I am Awesome" thing on the blog page is a little oppressive! It takes up a ton of space!

The biggest thing I noticed about your site is that you are not using CSS to format your text & such. Do you know CSS? If not I strongly suggest learning it and then adding it to your site.

Take out the underline on the links with CSS and I think it would look better. Up to you though!
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like grey.

:D

The "How Awesome Are You" thing, for some reason, adds a ton of space every time I do it. It'll be archived soon, so I'm not going to worry about it.

The reason I don't use CSS is because I use a newsscript - everything is auto-formatted in a template.

Yes, I know there isn't much content on the other pages; I am writing a PHP script so that I can edit them by logging in and changing them that way so that every time I want to update it I don't have to edit the file and re-upload. Easier this way.

I'd put a forum on it, cept no one would post on it.. hah.. :D

".. ou publish your site if it's not completed?"

Eh, same reason as above.

I have so many things I am constantly trying to finish.. my update script, my image gallery script, another webpage for some thing in my town I was asked to do, maybe I'll get to this stuff later. XP
  • Phantom
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Phantom

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know why other people don't like grey. I like it. =P

Nice job on the site, but it does seem a bit empty (lacking content).
  • cElite
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

its ok.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Goody, you've got content now I can review ;)

Ok looking site. Simple concept, fast loading, user friendly. I don't know about the mouseover colours though. The text kind of gets lost in the greyish-black background. I'd change the font colour for the mouseover.

The play/stop option takes too long to load on all my tested browsers. Optimize the sound clip. I don't know if I like the black images of the play and stop buttons. They don't really mesh well with the rest of the site, why did you make them so big and obvious? Try to merge them into the site feel.

Make the seperator between posts more obvious. It's barely visible and so now the posts look too crowded.

You're missing meta data

Try to use css to declare your font tags instead of inline font tags.

Keep up the great work your class looks like fun! I wish we had had fun comp classes like that in school!
  • Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks pertty good, just a few minor suggestions. I am not sure if I like how the music player is setup. It would be fine in that corner where you have it, but just change the icons for play and stop, they are a little to big. Second, the rollover links work fine, but the greyish gradient background w/ the black text is great, but I don't think the rollover image is as good. Maybe try changing the rollover text color to something lighter so it isn't dark on dark. Just a few minor things I noticed...
  • koppaspider
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • koppaspider
  • Loc: Metro:Williamsport

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yall" Man, I like the site. I think the rollever images are a little to dark... I like the top banner though thats pretty chillin.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers