SITE REVIEW: (XCS Webmaster Resources)*****

• marvz14
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

one thing gets my attention right away on your website, it is the font colors, specially the white color. it's not good to the eyes, i have a hard time reading those text,not to mention mixed with green font. the green font is ok but maybe you should think of changing the white. mixing green,white and black for me is not a good idea.

i also noticed the length of your homepage vertically, its so long. and i have a hard time with the scrollbars, i think you should split your homepage into several pages, that would also help your homepage to load faster.try putting only those neccessary.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

adam101 wrote:
I think the site looks great. (Bearing in mind I am the worst at designing websites!) I never saw it's earlier incarnations but I think it looks really great. I'm going to further explore your site now, so that must be a good sign right?

http://www.gimmeclicks.com - free manual traffic exchange
http://www.blurrysite.com - free webmaster tools
http://www.webmarketbb.com - new webmaster forum

Hey Adam101,
Thanks man I thought I was the worst so we have something in common....please explore the site further, it's going to constantly change over the course of the next few months and i'm always finding ways to improve things.
Any suggestions? Let me know!
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

demonmaestro wrote:
i would not call that crappy. its pretty good if you ask me!

what's up Demonmaestro,
I'm glad someone likes it.....hows the weather in Texas big man?
It's getting hot in MASS.

Cheers and Webmaster Resources
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
extremecash121276 wrote:
joebert wrote:
Who the hell is Simon ? :scratchhead:

It's like every late night infomercial I've ever seen in my life rolled into one !

I see nothing original or creative about the site, it follows the same pattern of every "get rich quick" scheeme out there.

It's going to snare a few of the more naive visitors of the internet for sure, some people don't know that bright colored things in the wild generally signal poison.

This is "rich" you guys are awesome and if I'm going to create a killer, creative and user friendly website then I'm going to have to convince you barbarians that I have what it takes....so bring it on! I love a good challenge and I'm sure you guys can't wait until I show my "true colors" :lol:

I hope so, if not, I've wasted my time being brutally honest with you.

Looking better, the design doesn't fall appart in Opera anymore, the "Debunking Scam" theemed articles near the bottom balance it out a little (though getting them closer to the top might be a good idea)

Joebert,
The fact that you didn't beat the crap out of the site is an honor in itself....

• extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

marvz14 wrote:
one thing gets my attention right away on your website, it is the font colors, specially the white color. it's not good to the eyes, i have a hard time reading those text,not to mention mixed with green font. the green font is ok but maybe you should think of changing the white. mixing green,white and black for me is not a good idea.

i also noticed the length of your homepage vertically, its so long. and i have a hard time with the scrollbars, i think you should split your homepage into several pages, that would also help your homepage to load faster.try putting only those neccessary.

Thanks for the critique marvz14....I take your thoughts into consideration.....

• Diet101
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use a CSS, it an give your site much better look…
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Diet101 wrote:
Use a CSS, it an give your site much better look…

CSS is definitely not my strong point but I have been dabbling with it for some time and is getting a bit easier to understand....anyway thanks for the suggestion.
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

links to sites which look like phishing sites to me, anyway

too many animated things all over the place,
and the layout looks like it was made in 1996.. before proper css and all that
  • Lonsdale
  • Born
  • Born
  • Lonsdale

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks good, i would hardly call it crappy at all.
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bozebo wrote:
links to sites which look like phishing sites to me, anyway

too many animated things all over the place,
and the layout looks like it was made in 1996.. before proper css and all that

Phishing sites? Wow man how about putting those glasses on.......
Please look through the site and realize that these links are offering you free promotional resources etc.etc.etc. before you make such an accusation.....
Nobody likes Phishing Bozo....(i mean) Bozebo :D
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quick comments:

** the middle content overlaps (overwrites) the right column content in FF 1.5.0.6

** Your horizontal navigation bar "JAVA SNIPPETS" -> "ADBLASTERS" is not viewable in FF either (I saw it in IE 6.0)

** Your font is not consistent between FF/IE. Set font-family in CSS e.g.
Code: [ Select ]
* { font-family:verdana,arial,sans-serif; }
** Also in FF some text is being lost (hidden) off the right side of the page.

** Under XCS (left navigation) your internal links open in new windows - why?
** Also your internal pages are not consistenly styled. At times I thought I was on a site other than yours!

** The animations are a bit much. I would prefer if you made them less 'animated'. If anything they make me want to leave the site.

Keep up the good work.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps you could change the title of this thread too. Don't you want lurkers to know what your site is called or what it is about?

Perhaps some posters are into what you are into! Here are some suggested formats for the title.
Rule 2:     The subject of your post should be in the following format:

SITE REVIEW: Title of Your Site
      SITE REVIEW: Webmaster Forum (example)
  1. Rule 2:     The subject of your post should be in the following format:
  2.       SITE REVIEW: Title of Your Site
  3.       SITE REVIEW: Webmaster Forum (example)

Finally, I noticed (by accident) that http://extremecashsite.com and http://www.extremecashsite.com look quite different. My comments above were on the one at prefixed with www .
  • mae
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:
Finally, I noticed (by accident) that http://extremecashsite.com and http://www.extremecashsite.com look quite different. My comments above were on the one at prefixed with www .

Yeah, you're right! how did that happen?!

----------------------

I suggest that you edit the positioning of your content. There are so many in there that a user might have "information overload". Try creating space so that it would look less cluttered and will have a "cleaner" look for your site. Lastly, lose the gif header, design a better one, it's not that hard if you'd come to think of it, there are many tutorials out there that are very easy to follow so that you'd have the look that you want.
  • ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is indeed crapy. You could not have found a better word to describe it. :)
Just kidding.

You need a better choice of color. The green text on the black background is not very attractive.
I am not a fan of black background (no offense to ozzu).
Also, your website loads very slowly (especially the center column).
You also got so many links. Stuff is all over the place.

Your logo is horrible. In general, animated logos are not a good choice.

Best of luck.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

mae wrote:
ulstermonkey wrote:

URL canonization. Here is a good article on it http://mattcutts.com/blog/seo-advice-url-canonicalization/
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:
Quick comments:

** the middle content overlaps (overwrites) the right column content in FF 1.5.0.6

** Your horizontal navigation bar "JAVA SNIPPETS" -> "ADBLASTERS" is not viewable in FF either (I saw it in IE 6.0)

** Your font is not consistent between FF/IE. Set font-family in CSS e.g.
* { font-family:verdana,arial,sans-serif; }
** Also in FF some text is being lost (hidden) off the right side of the page.

** Under XCS (left navigation) your internal links open in new windows - why?
** Also your internal pages are not consistenly styled. At times I thought I was on a site other than yours!

** The animations are a bit much. I would prefer if you made them less 'animated'. If anything they make me want to leave the site.

Keep up the good work.

Hey Ulstermonkey,
thanks for the extensive critique....I had lots of trouble getting the overall look of the site the same in FF and IE. The horiz.menu used to show in FF but had many problems with the layout untill I incased the entire site in
<div id="container">body</div> I have tried several ways but was unable to keep the site xhtml verified....I'm not so sure why I have new windows within my own site? I guess it's personal preference.

I look through both browsers and they seem good to me?
Text looks consistent....
my site is not made for a low screen resolution....

The left xcs nav is mainly built from master.com which I haven't really had a chance to adjust the look and feel of yet...

I like the animations and don't feel that it will ruin anyones day. :D
Much respect,
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:
mae wrote:
ulstermonkey wrote:

URL canonization. Here is a good article on it http://mattcutts.com/blog/seo-advice-url-canonicalization/

O.K. here it is in a nutshell...do a keyword search for xcs on google and there I am....front page.
Anything xcs related...(xcs freeware, xcs tools, etc. etc.)
extremecashsite.com is a redirect provided by no-ip.com and www is an added host such as (money.extremecashsite.com)
But the best part of this redirect is that it's a PR3 and all I have to do is change the root url and it will have a PR3....cool huh!

I have no problems getting my site indexed although the mask is considered a frame...all I have to do is unmask the site for about 10 days or whenever your meta tags tell robots to come back and google will index http://home.comcast.net/pe3k/webmaster_resources.html

Then I'll mask it again!
This might not make sense to people but I have a few tricks up my sleeve...

Thanks for the article.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

extremecash121276 wrote:
why?
Oh and my resolution is 1280x800

extremecash121276 wrote:

IEImage
FFImage

Still agree?

extremecash121276 wrote:
I'm not so sure why I have new windows within my own site? I guess it's personal preference.

Remove target="_new"

extremecash121276 wrote:
I like the animations and don't feel that it will ruin anyones day.
Maybe not, but it will probably ruin your potential visitor base - just read most of the reviews above :D

You might want to take a step back and re-think your PR "trick" - research it a bit more.

Have a look at how a spider views your site using this tool: http://www.iwebtool.com/spider_view

I think you are a little defensive or 'blinkered' about how much of an effect the animations, windows opening for each part of your site - those are two considerable factors in website design - and visitor retention. Each to their own though...
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:
extremecash121276 wrote:
why?
Oh and my resolution is 1280x800
I do understand you are trying to help and greatly appreciate it.
If you have read my first post then you'll know that I have never touched a computer up untill (a little longer now) 16 months ago...considering I started with a knowledge base of 0.

extremecash121276 wrote:

IEImage
FFImage

Still agree?
Yes...again...I had many problems with the layout untill I incased the entire site in
<div id="container">body</div> I have tried several ways but was unable to keep the site xhtml verified, and yes I understand that a verified document doesn't mean much but it means a lot to me....

extremecash121276 wrote:
I'm not so sure why I have new windows within my own site? I guess it's personal preference.

Remove target="_new"

extremecash121276 wrote:
I like the animations and don't feel that it will ruin anyones day.
Maybe not, but it will probably ruin your potential visitor base - just read most of the reviews above :D

You might want to take a step back and re-think your PR "trick" - research it a bit more.
I will most certainly do more research and untill I obtain an actuall host for extremecashsite.com, it will remain a redirect.

Have a look at how a spider views your site using this tool: http://www.iwebtool.com/spider_view
This tool won't accept a webpage in file format....http://home.comcast.net/pe3k/webmaster_resource.html

I think you are a little defensive or 'blinkered' about how much of an effect the animations, windows opening for each part of your site - those are two considerable factors in website design - and visitor retention. Each to their own though...

Not defensive....I am very open minded yet limited to what i am capable of as odf right now...I will make a few changes and see what I can do. :D
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone for all your extensive reviews.....keep it up it's improving!
  • simpson
  • simpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hard to read your logo.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

simpson wrote:
Hard to read your logo.

You're wasting your time mate :wink: he loves them :(

extremecash121276 - your middle content is overlapping your right navigation in FF. Really difficult to read any of it.
  • Mook25

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a lot of great content on here and some great tools as well. I'm not too keen on your logo at the top (the spinning one) as it makes it hard to read but hey we're not visiting your site for that . All in all a good site although i think it could benefit from some pictures as well. Keep up the good work
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mook25 wrote:
There is a lot of great content on here and some great tools as well. I'm not too keen on your logo at the top (the spinning one) as it makes it hard to read but hey we're not visiting your site for that . All in all a good site although i think it could benefit from some pictures as well. Keep up the good work

Thx for not destroying me in virtual ignorance.... :D
seriously though, I get that a lot about the logo and many people aren't too keen on it....I do appreciate however that you saw the usefulness in the site and I tip my hat to you good sir!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 54 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers