SITE REVIEW: (XCS Webmaster Resources)*****

  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

O.K. here it is and I know it lacks in professionalism but I feel it is very creative considering I have never even touched a computer up until 1 year ago....
so be gentle but give it to me straight! It's still far from being done but I'm going to update it weekly.

I would love some feedback on the usefulness of the site....(i.e.) value of the webtools, promotional tools, etc.

I have updated most of my reviewers concerns and with all your help the site is IMPROVING!.....keep them coming!

Thanks to the moderators of OZZU for creating such an excellent forum!

http://www.extremecashsite.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • Oliver
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Oliver
  • Posts: 7

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good content and a lot of it

If you go down to the bottom of the page there is bright green being written on yellow and it is hard tto read.

The colour scheme is ok but i personally find those colours really annoying your reading in green changes to pink then to white then to yellow stick to 1 or 2 colours.

Appart from that i like your site :)
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oliver wrote:
Good content and a lot of it

If you go down to the bottom of the page there is bright green being written on yellow and it is hard tto read.

The colour scheme is ok but i personally find those colours really annoying your reading in green changes to pink then to white then to yellow stick to 1 or 2 colours.

Appart from that i like your site :)


Oliver, your absolutely right about the green on yellow for the RSS feed....it is difficult to read.

The only reason I decided to throw a bit of magenta color on the site was to try to make it appealing to both genders....let me obtain some more feedback on this.

Thanks for the review
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 400
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

The bright green on black, which makes up most of your text content, becomes an eye strain if you read for more than a few seconds and is not likely to encourage your site visitors to stay long.

The exit popup is also an annoying trick that most sites stopped using because it tries to force a site visitor to stay longer than they want.

If I click to close the browser window or surf to another site, I get annoyed when a site tries to keep me engaged and would again, not likely encourage me to return.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers, eh...

C.C.
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do agree with the eyestrain to an extent....let me explain.
I am using a laptop and the colors are not as bright as if you were to use a desktop....and I also do feel that the exit pop has and will always be annoying, but is a test to see how many people are attracted to sign up for the newsletter. If you notice the SEO button on the site...this is a more subtle way and seems to be more effective.
Thanks for the review!
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 400
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

In a situation where I'm using my wife's laptop with it's integrated graphics, I've been forced to either get one of my friends to take a look and give me a critique, or stop in at a library and get a quick look.

Considering the fact that you're banking on people wanting to click on your site links as well as browse a fair bit, it would seem reasonable to take whatever measures are necessary to assure that your visitors spend as much time on-site as possible.

Bright green text on a black background is not something that is likely to foster a desire for your visitors to pull up a chair and take a load off for long.

I think you may find that a js alert onLoad might be a better choice for what you're attempting.


Just my 3 cents :-]


C.C.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23456
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My suggestion would be to lose Frontpage and learn how to code a website. I'm going to be a bit like Simon on American Idol on this one. You're just not singing the songs America wants to hear with that one. I mean, to be honest, it almost looks as if you've never even seen a professional website in your life. Please don't expect people to visit there on a regular basis, and as Cold Canuck suggested, lose the exit pop-up. That would have been my second clue to leave and never return.

Sorry for the harsh critique, but it's the truth.
  • love0715
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • love0715
  • Posts: 6

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi I agree with the comments on the color. There is a lot of content. I would say try to organize your content by using anchor. You can add shortcut links at the top of your page so that users can jump to topic that they are interested to read.


Terence
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cold Canuck wrote:
In a situation where I'm using my wife's laptop with it's integrated graphics, I've been forced to either get one of my friends to take a look and give me a critique, or stop in at a library and get a quick look.

Considering the fact that you're banking on people wanting to click on your site links as well as browse a fair bit, it would seem reasonable to take whatever measures are necessary to assure that your visitors spend as much time on-site as possible.

Bright green text on a black background is not something that is likely to foster a desire for your visitors to pull up a chair and take a load off for long.

I think you may find that a js alert onLoad might be a better choice for what you're attempting.


Just my 3 cents :-]


C.C.


Thanks for the insight....I checked into the js alert onload and it's definitely something I was unaware of!
Best Wishes
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
My suggestion would be to lose Frontpage and learn how to code a website. I'm going to be a bit like Simon on American Idol on this one. You're just not singing the songs America wants to hear with that one. I mean, to be honest, it almost looks as if you've never even seen a professional website in your life. Please don't expect people to visit there on a regular basis, and as Cold Canuck suggested, lose the exit pop-up. That would have been my second clue to leave and never return.

Sorry for the harsh critique, but it's the truth.


That is quite alright Simon....I have seen many professional websites and I have received hundreds of reviews on this website through out several forums and yours is by far the most insulting.
Yet....you take the good with the bad!
I was leaning more towards creative instead of professional.
I would like to distinguish my site from the rest of those boring, bland, and cloned websites (as an artist I disagree) but If I were an advanced user of codes and a college graduate with a bachelors degree in business...I would definitely agree with you.

Thanks for the review
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23456
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know you asked for leniency on being new to design and computers. I'm also telling you the truth.

Redo it and make it contemporary. Your site currently looks like a total novice did it, and I realize you are a novice. That's why I'm giving you truthful feedback. Sure you have a lot of content, but what good is it if people glance at your site and want to leave? OZZU is all about helping people learn. At the moment, you need to learn. I understand that. My first review was not intended to be harsh, albeit I know it was. So is this reply.


I can see you have potential, primarily because you want to. So don't let my review stand in your way. I do hope you take some time to spend with us in other boards so you can learn.

Sorry I seem harsh to the other forum responses you've received, but if you aren't told the truth at those forums, then they are simply coddling you.

Besides, your site is nothing but a sales pitch. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but if you're going to put a sales pitch on the web, then do it right so that people might actually read it and be interested. If you don't know how to code web pages, then learn how. And don't give me the "artistic" B.S. There's nothing about your site that is currently artistic. I mean literally, nothing.

This is artistic
http://www.fullsail.com/

Dude, I really mean for my posts to help you. I know I sound like Simon, but there's sometimes I think Simon is much more realistic than Paula and Randy. He calls it like he sees it. So do I.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 326
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might want to start with changing the color of the text. Here are one of website that use black as background and the text colour is blend nicely with the background color. The site design is rather simple but i like the colour combination.

http://www.techkills.com/
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I know you asked for leniency on being new to design and computers. I'm also telling you the truth.

Redo it and make it contemporary. Your site currently looks like a total novice did it, and I realize you are a novice. That's why I'm giving you truthful feedback. Sure you have a lot of content, but what good is it if people glance at your site and want to leave? OZZU is all about helping people learn. At the moment, you need to learn. I understand that. My first review was not intended to be harsh, albeit I know it was. So is this reply.


I can see you have potential, primarily because you want to. So don't let my review stand in your way. I do hope you take some time to spend with us in other boards so you can learn.

Sorry I seem harsh to the other forum responses you've received, but if you aren't told the truth at those forums, then they are simply coddling you.

Besides, your site is nothing but a sales pitch. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but if you're going to put a sales pitch on the web, then do it right so that people might actually read it and be interested. If you don't know how to code web pages, then learn how. And don't give me the "artistic" B.S. There's nothing about your site that is currently artistic. I mean literally, nothing.

This is artistic
http://www.fullsail.com/

Dude, I really mean for my posts to help you. I know I sound like Simon, but there's sometimes I think Simon is much more realistic than Paula and Randy. He calls it like he sees it. So do I.



That was definitely a one of a kind artistic site and I quite enjoyed it!
It's all good, and your review I will value and take into consideration....and that is why I joined OZZU Forum.
Everyone will have their opinion on what is creative and as long as you put your best into what your doing with the knowledge you have you'll be an artist in my book.....how about this site?
http://mrtrim.sytes.net
Thanks again
  • jeruk
  • Student
  • Student
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 75
  • Loc: Hermosillo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good content, but bad organization, so ammount all the adverstinments and text of the web... :?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 13503
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Who the hell is Simon ? :scratchhead:

It's like every late night infomercial I've ever seen in my life rolled into one !

I see nothing original or creative about the site, it follows the same pattern of every "get rich quick" scheeme out there.

It's going to snare a few of the more naive visitors of the internet for sure, some people don't know that bright colored things in the wild generally signal poison.
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Who the hell is Simon ? :scratchhead:

It's like every late night infomercial I've ever seen in my life rolled into one !

I see nothing original or creative about the site, it follows the same pattern of every "get rich quick" scheeme out there.

It's going to snare a few of the more naive visitors of the internet for sure, some people don't know that bright colored things in the wild generally signal poison.


This is "rich" you guys are awesome and if I'm going to create a killer, creative and user friendly website then I'm going to have to convince you barbarians that I have what it takes....so bring it on! I love a good challenge and I'm sure you guys can't wait until I show my "true colors" :lol:
  • rmbrain
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • rmbrain
  • Posts: 13
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Creative and distinguishable does not mean ugly. If you see an ugly person in the street, you may be able to distringuish them from everybody else just becasue of that.

Your site, however content filled it may be, turned me off because it contained far too many short, advertisement-esque catch phrases that so commonly make the visitors believe whatever scam it is can actually work.

I'm not saying youre a scammer, in fact I never said that at all. I'm just saying that you may wish to distringuish yourself from scamming websites that look quite similar and have similarly worded content.

Hope you have good luck with your site.
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

rmbrain wrote:
Creative and distinguishable does not mean ugly. If you see an ugly person in the street, you may be able to distringuish them from everybody else just becasue of that.

Your site, however content filled it may be, turned me off because it contained far too many short, advertisement-esque catch phrases that so commonly make the visitors believe whatever scam it is can actually work.

I'm not saying youre a scammer, in fact I never said that at all. I'm just saying that you may wish to distringuish yourself from scamming websites that look quite similar and have similarly worded content.

Hope you have good luck with your site.


rmbrian, thanks for the acknoledgement and I am definitely not a scammer.....everything on the site I'm doing myself and is completely legitament.
I have had many reviews about the content of the site and now would like to concentrate on the usefulness of the site (i.e.) value of the webtools, promotional tools, etc.
Thanks for the review :P
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

xfahmix wrote:
You might want to start with changing the color of the text. Here are one of website that use black as background and the text colour is blend nicely with the background color. The site design is rather simple but i like the colour combination.

http://www.techkills.com/


xfahmix, I went and toned down the neon colors of the site and took a good look at the website you exampled and I did see the difference but thought that the gray text on the site was barely visible....other than that thanks for the insight :)
  • CyberChris
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • CyberChris
  • Posts: 9
  • Loc: Vancouver Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking at the site, I absolutely like the content.
I feel it is maybe a little 'too long' for my liking if you know what I mean. I personally do not like scrolling down too much on a site. I prefer sites where you do not need to scroll at all and rather link to the next page to view more content.

Otherwise good stuff :-)

Cheers
Chris
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

CyberChris wrote:
Looking at the site, I absolutely like the content.
I feel it is maybe a little 'too long' for my liking if you know what I mean. I personally do not like scrolling down too much on a site. I prefer sites where you do not need to scroll at all and rather link to the next page to view more content.

Otherwise good stuff :-)

Cheers
Chris


I will absolutely work on the size of the site because it is a too long....I'm just glad to have someone like the site for a change!
Good Lookin out!

Cheers back,
Paul
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 971
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dollar sign + "extreme" = "sex-treme." Unless your objective is to convey that message, you may want to rethink the placement of those dollar signs.

Viewing your site at 1600x1200 resolution on Firefox/XP, your adverts are all over the place. There are four columns of advertising near the bottom of the homepage that push your content way over to the right. The "stop wasting money" image and the search box at the bottom of the homepage are directly beneath centred content but are both justified left. The page looks like it could use a little housekeeping. The site is very text-heavy, and if you want to keep the interest of those inclined to read such things, try and present your information in a more orderly and comprehensible way.

- Gita
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 935
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ignoring your websites artistic qualities (each to their own :shock: :? ) and taking 1 step at a time on your learning curve i'd suggest you start by trying to design/write a website without using frames. It's not a ghood habit to get into.

Cheers, Prime ...
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
Ignoring your websites artistic qualities (each to their own :shock: :? ) and taking 1 step at a time on your learning curve i'd suggest you start by trying to design/write a website without using frames. It's not a ghood habit to get into.

Cheers, Prime ...


Prime, How the hell do i manage that one?
I wouldn't even know where to start.....I am using comcast personal webpages to publish my site and extremecashsite.com is redirecting to it.
in order to get rid of the frame I need to unmask my url...right?

Total ginner man,
Cheers
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:
Dollar sign + "extreme" = "sex-treme." Unless your objective is to convey that message, you may want to rethink the placement of those dollar signs.

Viewing your site at 1600x1200 resolution on Firefox/XP, your adverts are all over the place. There are four columns of advertising near the bottom of the homepage that push your content way over to the right. The "stop wasting money" image and the search box at the bottom of the homepage are directly beneath centred content but are both justified left. The page looks like it could use a little housekeeping. The site is very text-heavy, and if you want to keep the interest of those inclined to read such things, try and present your information in a more orderly and comprehensible way.

- Gita


I don't know...that seems a little sexist if you ask me although if you search for extremecash it comes up mainly porn sites but I feel that things do change every day and change is good! What does this read to you....(pixelsexchange)
pixels exchange or pixel sex change? Get the point!

tipsy, yeeha
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
My suggestion would be to lose Frontpage and learn how to code a website. I'm going to be a bit like Simon on American Idol on this one. You're just not singing the songs America wants to hear with that one. I mean, to be honest, it almost looks as if you've never even seen a professional website in your life. Please don't expect people to visit there on a regular basis, and as Cold Canuck suggested, lose the exit pop-up. That would have been my second clue to leave and never return.

Sorry for the harsh critique, but it's the truth.


Hey Simon,
Back again for some more bashing from everyones favorite american idol...(lol) take another peek and give me your best shot!

I'm calling you out....
  • adam101
  • Born
  • Born
  • adam101
  • Posts: 2

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site looks great. (Bearing in mind I am the worst at designing websites!) I never saw it's earlier incarnations but I think it looks really great. I'm going to further explore your site now, so that must be a good sign right?


http://www.gimmeclicks.com - free manual traffic exchange
http://www.blurrysite.com - free webmaster tools
http://www.webmarketbb.com - new webmaster forum
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 679
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would not call that crappy. its pretty good if you ask me!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 13503
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

extremecash121276 wrote:
joebert wrote:
Who the hell is Simon ? :scratchhead:

It's like every late night infomercial I've ever seen in my life rolled into one !

I see nothing original or creative about the site, it follows the same pattern of every "get rich quick" scheeme out there.

It's going to snare a few of the more naive visitors of the internet for sure, some people don't know that bright colored things in the wild generally signal poison.


This is "rich" you guys are awesome and if I'm going to create a killer, creative and user friendly website then I'm going to have to convince you barbarians that I have what it takes....so bring it on! I love a good challenge and I'm sure you guys can't wait until I show my "true colors" :lol:


I hope so, if not, I've wasted my time being brutally honest with you.

Looking better, the design doesn't fall appart in Opera anymore, the "Debunking Scam" theemed articles near the bottom balance it out a little (though getting them closer to the top might be a good idea)
  • tagecho
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • tagecho
  • Posts: 5

Post 3+ Months Ago

me too its a trouble things.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 54 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.