SITE REVIEW: Xoole Search Engine

• exmmedia
  • exmmedia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone

Please review my site http://www.xoole.com

Tell me whats wrong with it, be mean if have to be, just need to know. I know something is wrong but cant figure it out.
Even review the advertising program adpost at
http://www.xoole.com/post.php

I have a code so can try it out for free xadcl
Please note I am not promoting my site here I want reviews even on Adpost.

Thanks
Admin
Xoole.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I hit the back button in Firefox, a dialog box appears asking me to click resend to return to the previous page. That doesn't happen in IE.

The site loads quickly which is good.
  • greatlogix
  • Born
  • Born
  • greatlogix

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are using form method "post" to submit search query. Thats not good. All search engines uses "Get" method. You can easily track search and add to favorite (search results) using get method.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why does he have to do what everyone else does? How does it make it harder to use favorites?
  • brianxaviar
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brianxaviar

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats a great question, I seem to like the fact that xoole.com is simalar but unique at the same time to alot of other search engines, also simple to use, alot of search engines have gotten more and more complicated
  • shiela72

Post 3+ Months Ago

You site is pretty cool. It's the first time I have seen a search engine that has screenshots or thumbnails of the websites that I'm looking for. And best of all, the site loads very quick.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
Why does he have to do what everyone else does? How does it make it harder to use favorites?

It makes it impossible to use favorites unless your browser stores post information.
  • vivon 1
  • Born
  • Born
  • vivon 1

Post 3+ Months Ago

does'nt work in IE
  • flishyflashy
  • flishyflashy

Post 3+ Months Ago

i do love the thumbnail previews. kind of like firefox add-on thingy. wow i really don't know how you make you're own search engine. but its so cool.
it's very clean and simple. The only nitpicks i would have are:

on the left of the thumbnails, after you do a search, what are those supposed to be? are they common searches? so basically maybe be clearer on what it is with some kind of separation from the rest of the page? (hey you did say to be mean, although i dont mean to be..just being honest).

and the other thing is, if you could program the results perhaps to have some bold text?? i don't know, it looks a little thin to me like it doesn't stand out, but if that's the style, then ok.

I'm very impressed with how you coded this.
  • Dave_E
  • Born
  • Born
  • Dave_E

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice coding mate. I think it's a novel idea to have the picture of each site with the results - it saves a lot of time! The layout is pretty good, but could use a bit of work. The results page looks a bit boring/blank. You may even want some more ads!

Nice job :).
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canton Mi

Post 3+ Months Ago

to me it just looks and feels like a attempt to create another search engine which is all fine and good but there is already so many of them out there and a few who have left the scene because of Google and yahoo. I just think that this idea type is not a good one to go for but other then that the site is very simple and easy to understand.
  • extr3m3
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • extr3m3
  • Loc: Bucharest, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

The thumbnails previews are very usefull. The design is clean and i like that you can give the user the posibility to change the team but i don`t know if someone will change it over and over again.
The thing with the seacrh engines is that they are a lot an many of us use only the popular.
Your host is good. The pages load very quickly and the thumbnails as well. If they were loaded slow it would have been very boring.
But when u make a search and it appears a list of sites it is hard to read beacuse the text is near the other text. you should do something to make them more visible.
  • findme
  • Student
  • Student
  • findme

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm just going to say about your site appearance. The font red color is not fine in my eyes. Other are very cool.
  • kapalpecah
  • kapalpecah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your left menu on the result page, " pay per click search engine" doesn't formated well
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) get not post (already said)
2) fix the links on left side not to wrap
3) use url re-write rules for searching:

search.php should be /xoole.com/search/britney+spears

Since you have 4 posts, I have a suspicion that this request to review the site is spam...
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

um... "the future has arived"

you spelled "arrive" with one "r"
  • middayc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Slovenia

Post 3+ Months Ago

as others said ..
- red text hurts my eyes
- don't use POST!
- that adpost page looks awfully like google adsense page
- is this a so called meta-search engine or do you have your own crawlers?
- screenshots look nice .. how are you able to get them in realtime (unless you are huge already) is beyond me.. I just made some app that makes screenshots of webpages and I have no idea how to screenshot whole internet. :)
  • ppetrov76
  • ppetrov76

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your concept :) Did you write the script yourself or is that something commercially available? My advice for your specific site - please pay attention to SEO friendly URL rewriting, proper set Title, Meta description and meta keyword tags - relevance is very important. My site is similar in some ways but I also make use of AJAX - its a PHP Clone of Xom Reviews [domain removed] only that I rewrote the whole thing from scratch in PHP and rewrote / masked all files as html (seems to make a difference) - feel free to check it at [domain removed] - you might get some ideas for your own site from there :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers