SITE REVIEW: Xtreme motor sports

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello this is a site made up for my html class we make a page instead of a exam so i just wanted to know what could spice it up a bit to get extra points
it is not finished yeat so plese dont tell me the are links that dont work just a few ideas with colors or some cool java or somthing thanks people
http://www.cowkiller.com/site/index.html by the was the frames is not up yeat so pick the other one thanks
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i just want to thank you for the replys
  • found it
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • found it
  • Loc: united kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi intro is great but then when i tried to go to the next page i got 404
  • cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why are there two lines that come across the page into the mouse cursor? That was just little bit too annoying. To spice things up how about making the cars front wheels come onto the menu bar much like the dragons tail on the ozzu forum does. That always looks neat.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya i fixed the problems and i got to hand it in tomorrow so if you could take a quick look around tell me what you think
http://www.cowkiller.com/site/index.html the frames are now up but there is a small problem with the footer
some of the links use java and dont change i dont know why i think it is the IE you will see when you get there
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well...for starters I can get around your no right click script by:
1) right click, let go of button
2) right click again
3) use space bar to ok the prompt
4) release button again and get the right click macro bar
Secondly, the oranges on the page are different. A few mouseovers on the no frames would be nice, perhaps a contrasted white from the black. The navigation could also be achieved with simple text, and would in turn make the mouseovers alot better.

Mind telling why the frames version isn't centered and the no frames is?
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can get around your right click script even easier....right click. It didn't give me one bit of back talk and I am using IE 6 right now (unfortunately).

The site is a little grammatically challenged, and it seems quite unfinished for an assignment due tomorrow!

The crosshairs are IRRITATING! I keep trying to hide them in the background while I am reading!
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Crosshairs? Must be coded badly, as they don't show up on Firefox!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why is the footer so far away from the rest of the site content?? There is a huge black space or is that supposed to be there? If so I'd suggest dumping that, it looks bad

Don't center your entire text! If you want to go crazy with the centering then stick to just centering your titles

I think you could set up your content more effectively. Right now i'm looking at your videos section and I thnk your title and it's intro paragraph should go first then the videos after. You should also mention in what format they will be accessible. Right now I have no idea until I click on the link and also you've embedded your vids, try to make an option to download to their hdd as well unless there is a problem with copyright

Are you going to keep the site title to "Xms"?

Think about changing your mouseover css link colour. That dark red on the orange background doesn't look very good. Stick to colours that compliment each other

Sweet pictures of cars btw

Funny, you've got a right click script that doesn't work well on the main site, but when I click on the images of the cars and another pop up comes up with a larger photo of that car, the right-click isn't even used here. Why use it at all, if you've got the small photos copyrighted but not the main sized images?

Capitalize your "i"s

Spelling mistakes! "useing" should be "using". Also capitalize the first letter of the beginning of a sentence, I caught a few that weren't

The music on your site doesn't work
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

just a few improvements ;-)

- Put the full name (whatever that is) in the name of the title of the site, will healp with woking out what the site is to searchers etc.

- you could clean up the font styling a little, try not use too many style or it will come across looking tacky.

- i reckin left justified text would look nicer, to omany formats of text, some left, some right, some centred, will look much cleaner sticking to 1 or 2.

- some odd flickering with the flash transitions.

- some of the titles and links have symbols next to them, distracting and looks like some sort of error.

- contact us page and other, use the title on the link as the title of the page this helps navigation and i would also put some more descriptive text on that page just so people know who and where they are contacting.

- site is basically a gallery so you could mention that somewhere in the navigation, as i wasnt sure if i was going to get info on the cars or what???

- overall the design isnt bad, nice images and simple layout. you will find that making small changes will make a big difference in the final version. just so you get an idea save an early version and then compare it to the one with all the changes and notice how much better it will be. ;-)
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey thanks for the replys
i know there are lots of little things with this site
- about the mouseover there was so much java in that page that it just did not want to work right on some computers
- it looks so bad in foxfire but it is made for ie
- the blocking right script was just there to get some extra points along with the cross hairs and some of the text overs
- the black space in the no frames i could not fix i dont know why it went that way. but with the black in the frames it was becouse i there was not enuff info in the page to push it down to the bottem frame
- the frames, bottem frame was ment to go left but it sticks out a little
like i said i only had to meet some requirements like:
one frame
css
a link
email link
contact form
have music or video
have a table
that was about it
anything else added to it got points like:
the flash intro
all that java (got lots of points for the java)
makeing my own header
useing php
haveing the choise to pick frames or no frames
and a few other things
i know mine was best in class but that is not that hard but i had all things i needed to get 100% before the extra points
but thanks again for the reply and it may have changed since you see it last
  • alexgreg
  • Born
  • Born
  • alexgreg
  • Loc: RU

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site!!! Interesting special effects
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site...nice header...but the cross hair is just plane annoying. wHAT'S the purpose of it? It can't be a specils effect...it just can't. I'd say change it

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers