SITE REVIEW: Young-mums-n-dads

• forumer147
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • forumer147

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hope you can review my site. It is new and hoping that you will have time to review it. It is a family forum and for those newly married couple having children of there own. Thanks.

http://www.young-mums-n-dads.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• geekdw
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

The logo image is a little inconsistent with the color scheme of the site, like pinks and purples or baby colors usually go better with softer feeling images. The logo looks "hard" and "sharpy". Soften it up and you should be good :)
  • jumar112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jumar112
  • Loc: Ohio, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a hard time reading the menu navigation on the side, I did like though that it changed color when I hovered over it.

Also I noticed that most of the articles were written by "Administrator" did you write the articles or someone else. I would like to see who wrote those then if I like what they wrote and want to see if they wrote anything else I can do a search on their name to see other articles they have written.

It does have great information on the pages. and links to other places for help if needed is great

at the bottom of the page was ? chat area ? I was not sure but didn't seem to fit there.

I noticed also that there are not any keywords for your description or keywords for your pages, do a little keyword research and see what people are looking for with this subject.
  • dustyrose4477
  • Born
  • Born
  • dustyrose4477

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know if it is Firefox, but the navigation menu seems to be crowding and overlapping each other making it a little harder to navigate.

I do like the overall design of the site. I do think it would be a little more pleasing to the eye to have the logo centered at the top due to the symmetrical layout of the tables
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

dustyrose4477 wrote:
I don't know if it is Firefox, but the navigation menu seems to be crowding and overlapping each other making it a little harder to navigate.

Seems to work fine in IE! I love the pink, blue and white colour scheme. And given my current situation a great site.
  • Dodger_2
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Your navigation is very hard to read and very crowded. I would do away with the colors over the links.

2. The date and search box are too close together in FF. I didn't look in another browser.

3. you have links to other web sites in you menu. I would place those links other than the menu.

4.I would not use so much bold font on some of your pages.

5. I don't quite understand the shout box below the secondary menu at the
bottom.

6. I would and an ALT tag to your banner. I would maybe add some graphics to the the pages.

7. You have a nice site going,It's JMO the above needs corrected.
  • forumer147
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • forumer147

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for all your reviews. I see to it that I will try to improved some details considering that am just newbie when it seems to designing and stuff .
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

The header image is not very clear. The images aren't neither is the logo. People need to be able to read your logo. I would use a different font. Not to be funny but is that a font at all? I know you were trying to use some creativity, but you might want to rethink that. And the banner image should be centered.

The heading text is too small.

The navigation on the left doesn't need that blocking or bg around it.

The pdf's are actually really clean. I found it easier to read them then the text on the site.

The footer is crowded.

And I would loose the Shoutbox.

Nice idea, just needs some design work. Good luck!
  • forumer147
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • forumer147

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for all this tips . I really appreciate it.
  • c0mrade
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • c0mrade

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site does not seem to be working - I would check up on it

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers