SITE REVIEW: YZIX - Developer Resources

• this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, so there's not many resources there yet.

I just finished coding the back-end and thought I'd get some feedback on what's there before I started tearing apart the front-end. Most of it was thrown together with a "I'll fix that when I finish the back-end" attitude.

http://www.yzix.org

btw - I'm going to fix that 14k header image now
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Although the colors stand out, they kind of hurt after a short while. I would suggest using either softer or darker colors; the ones now are quite...bright.

I like the website; it's very useful and helpful. However, the objective of the site is unclear to me. I think you should have an "about" page somewhere in there.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with liquescence. While your site is colorfully eyecatching, it is rather harsh on the eyes.

Also, I am not a big fan of your link font along the left column and some headers. Maybe try using arial, sans serif, or verdana. It will look more professional

One last thing. Your scroll bar colors are rather confusing. It's easy to get the bars mixed up with that color scheme. Add more contrast.
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had actually thought the same about the colors - was just trying to be patriotic, I guess. Unfortunately, I already deleted the layered images, so I'll have to create all new ones (not sure of when that happened, but oh well)

bbott, I really appreciated the comment about the fonts, I switched to Veranda and it does indeed look much better.

As for an about page, I'm doing good to get any time at all to spend on the site. It's not part of my job - just something I went and did, so I have to give my paying customers priority over my own, personal endeavors. However, I'll put that on my TODO list.

Oh, and I fixed the scrollbars too, but since I've pretty much decided to go ahead and change the colors, they might not stay that way either.

Thanks
This
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

None of the images showed up for me. So it really wouldnt be worth a review until that gets fixed.
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's rather odd - I hadn't heard of any problems with images. I checked the site from a couple different systems at work and everything looks fine. Anyway, I've calmed the colors down a bit. I also just found out *nix machines were hanging on a script routine stopping the forum drop-down menus to function and fixed the error, this may have also affected some windows machines.
  • softstor
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • softstor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really don't are for the dark blue background and the site has too much empty space.
  • mathphys.com
  • mathphys.com
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

The menu/linking system is very nice, I was impressed. However the home page seemed to have nothing but a big blank space in the middle of the page. I dont' know if an image was supposed to be there or what but it was unsightly.

I agree with the previous poster that the purpose of the site is not all that clear as well.

On the other hand, load times were quick and navigation was quite intuative.

Nicely done

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers