SITE REVIEW: ZettaLogix

• tstates
  • tstates

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I would appreciate some feedback on our new website http://www.zettalogix.com It is focused on the small business owner, who is looking for free solutions to everyday computer problems (free computer tune-up advice, free application advice, computer freeware, even free excel templates and tools).

The overall layout of the site is very simple, very easily digestible. I would very much appreciate any feedback you can give regarding the new website, the content, or the marketing aspects. I thank you in advance for your time.

Best Regards,
Tom

http://www.zettalogix.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. Not bad, but the gradients and embossed buttons are not very modern looking. I know I sound like a broken record, but most viewers that have been on the net for at least the last couple years can tell what a "dated" site looks like. And from this they may draw conclusions about your ability of service. "Judging a book by it's cover.."

OOps I just noticed that the site is free tools. Sorry. But the same rule may apply even more still. Because you are kind of targeting people that are even a little more computer savvy. Sorry about that, but I think you get my point.

It is simple and you can do simple and modern. It's also easy to navigate. Something like this, doesn't have to have too much eye candy. But I would say give it a little something. Just a dash of Web 2.0 :)
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just have 2 quick observations. The site looks cookie cutter and the gap at the top is pushing your content below the fold (I dont mind a pad but it just seems like wasted space).
  • tstates
  • tstates

Post 3+ Months Ago

Zaiah/CXLinks,

Thank you for the comments. We may be too conservative on this one, and too cookie-cutter… I have made some changes based on you suggestions, and would love some additional feedback. This forum is great, REAL FEEDBACK!!! I appreciate it.

Tom
  • bsmall
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bsmall

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have to agree with CXLinks on the whitespace above the header. To me, a header should be just that, a header. There really is no need for whitespace above the top of your webpage. As CXLinks said, this tends to push the main content of the site down.

When a user looks at a webpage, you want them to be able to see the most of the site that is possible. The main content is what really pulls them in. When i view your site at 1280x800, i can't see any of your main content without scrolling down.

The best way to look at it is you want the user to have to do the least amount of work to view your site. You're trying to pull them in, don't make them work to pull themselves in.

Also, i think the whitespace at the bottom of your menu buttons is not needed. it looks kind of odd, and would flow much better if you could get rid of it.

-Ben
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really think the icons on the left are a really nice improvement. Was the gray that was previously there was it the whole background or just a column in the center?
  • nerso
  • Born
  • Born
  • nerso

Post 3+ Months Ago

very useful site thnk you
  • tstates
  • tstates

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink,

It was a gray column in the center. I think the site looks better, thank you.

Ben,

I will look into removing the excess white at the bottom as well, we are playing around with some additional content in that block as well.

Thanks again everyone.

Tom

http://www.zettalogix.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers