SITE REVIEW: Ziygo - Tech News

• Design_Chris
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it's been a long time since I've logged into Ozzu (a year I believe), well I'm back and I am now 15 years old. I have been working on this new site for about a month now. Please tell me what you think, give me suggestions, and please give me a number rating based on 1-10, 1 being bad and 10 being great. Thanks :D

Ziygo.com
  • MidGe48
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good job. I wish I could see the sites you built a year ago. I am certain that the improvement will be noticeable.

The site is really good, colour, layout, information. All is well above average.

I will concentrate on what are the few negatives, in my opinion.

1. The site has a fixed layout rather than fluid. I think you must learn how to do a fluid layout, once learned, never forgotten. You will benefit immensely from this and won't go back to fixed layout.

2. The site renders incorrectly in Opera (the bottom block background doesn't extend). It may be worth doing some CSS validation and try to fix this. Usually Opera is a good test for standard behaviour. It works in FF. I didn't test it with any other browser.

3. I absolutely hate some of the obtrusive adverts. In Opera I went and blocked them individually, my FF setup is such that they didn't show. But, it made me feel like quitting the site and not even do a review on it.

4. Your copy sounds pretty much like standard press release copy. Is that so, or is it your own. If not your own, I think your site would benefit by having your own comments on it. Just using standard given away, nay, pushed on,copy will not cut the mustard when it comes to compete with the so many other site doing the same thing. Indivdualism is what will get accidental visitors to return.

Overall a good to very good site. It may be an extremely good site, in my opinion, if you did address the above issues.
  • Design_Chris
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

MidGe48 wrote:
Good job. I wish I could see the sites you built a year ago. I am certain that the improvement will be noticeable.

The site is really good, colour, layout, information. All is well above average.

I will concentrate on what are the few negatives, in my opinion.

1. The site has a fixed layout rather than fluid. I think you must learn how to do a fluid layout, once learned, never forgotten. You will benefit immensely from this and won't go back to fixed layout.

2. The site renders incorrectly in Opera (the bottom block background doesn't extend). It may be worth doing some CSS validation and try to fix this. Usually Opera is a good test for standard behaviour. It works in FF. I didn't test it with any other browser.

3. I absolutely hate some of the obtrusive adverts. In Opera I went and blocked them individually, my FF setup is such that they didn't show. But, it made me feel like quitting the site and not even do a review on it.

4. Your copy sounds pretty much like standard press release copy. Is that so, or is it your own. If not your own, I think your site would benefit by having your own comments on it. Just using standard given away, nay, pushed on,copy will not cut the mustard when it comes to compete with the so many other site doing the same thing. Indivdualism is what will get accidental visitors to return.

Overall a good to very good site. It may be an extremely good site, in my opinion, if you did address the above issues.

Thanks for the review :D

I will try to fix some of the problems in Opera, although it's a pain to have it work in all browsers, I currently have it working almost 100% in IE and 100% in FF which are the two main browsers used to view my site. Can you be more specific in the adverts area? I only have 2 ad zones on the site and there very minimal compared to many sites. And as for the content that you see, it's just for show for now. I'm not actually going to start my real writing of articles until the site is fully functional and complete. I just scrumaged through engadget.com and wired for a few articles just as examples.
  • zen4pokerbankrolls
  • zen4pokerbankrolls

Post 3+ Months Ago

omg.. this site is just perfect and looking professional..:)
just bookmarked my favourite tech-news site :D
  • Smiling Nomad
  • Smiling Nomad

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout was a bit busy for a front page, the thing I noticed right away was that it took a bit longer than I expected for a frontpage to load. I confirmed my assumptions using a load time tool from http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt. It indicated that a total of 205 objects were loaded, which is quite a bit at once. Unfortunately, that was one of the reasons I switched from Joomla to Wordpress. I think the site has potential once it increases in both load times and content, the Reviews, Videos and Streams categories unfortunately did not have anything loaded yet. I have bookmarked it and will check it out again in a few weeks.
  • MidGe48
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design_Chris wrote:
MidGe48 wrote:
. Can you be more specific in the adverts area? I only have 2 ad zones on the site and there very minimal compared to many sites.

I think the problem with the ads were that they were blinking types or similar. I blocked them last time, so on revisiting your site they were not there, except for a blank space) and your site looks much better that way, imo. :)

Enjoy and goodluck
  • san_sa_rocky
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG! it takes too long to respnose???? what did u put in ur website?
  • san_sa_rocky
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

san_sa_rocky wrote:

well I got a bad review cause of this comment!! [:|] but seriously it took more than 5mins to load 79% of the site and i closed it!! i waited for the comment but cant gave it cause i was unable to browse the site. if it harts u!! i am sorry!!
here someone got angry and made this comment!! website-reviews/site-review-sananddesign-com-t95349.html
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

san_sa_rocky wrote:
san_sa_rocky wrote:

well I got a bad review cause of this comment!! [:|] but seriously it took more than 5mins to load 79% of the site and i closed it!! i waited for the comment but cant gave it cause i was unable to browse the site. if it harts u!! i am sorry!!
here someone got angry and made this comment!! website-reviews/site-review-sananddesign-com-t95349.html

It wasn't because of the comment, it was because of your site. I just commented that this wasn't really the detailed review that's expected of an Ozzuian. I didn't get angry, San_Sa_Rocky.
  • san_sa_rocky
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
san_sa_rocky wrote:
san_sa_rocky wrote:

It wasn't because of the comment, it was because of your site. I just commented that this wasn't really the detailed review that's expected of an Ozzuian. I didn't get angry, San_Sa_Rocky.

well well!! u see i am NEWBIE!! but ah! ok I shall keep everything in mind!! :oops:
  • Design_Chris
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reviews guys, first off I will try to lighten the frontpage, but it's hard to lighten it up and still have Dragable menu's, videos, ads, and photo slideshows on one page without the site being slow. Although I think I could make it faster with just 2 changes to The video/photo player and the ads. As for the content, it's not up because the site is still in the "design stage." And not meant for the public yet. ;)

At san_sa_rocky, I'm confused on what your getting at, the problem you may have had was the host was down for 4 hours last night and then 7 hours the night before, try it today it should work flawlessly.
  • san_sa_rocky
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design_Chris wrote:
Thanks for the reviews guys, first off I will try to lighten the frontpage, but it's hard to lighten it up and still have Dragable menu's, videos, ads, and photo slideshows on one page without the site being slow. Although I think I could make it faster with just 2 changes to The video/photo player and the ads. As for the content, it's not up because the site is still in the "design stage." And not meant for the public yet. ;)

At san_sa_rocky, I'm confused on what your getting at, the problem you may have had was the host was down for 4 hours last night and then 7 hours the night before, try it today it should work flawlessly.

welL! it took much time!! but yes u got a kool website. liked the banner and ur section designs. keep it up!!
  • carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks professional.

But you should remove the canonical issue. i.e. if someone types ziygo.com in address bar, it will get redirected to http://www.ziygo.com/. So that google takes only one url as index page.

You can create a better Title, with proper descriptiopn and keywords.

Make sure all the images have alt texts.

The page is takinga bit time to load completely.

The structure could have been made better. Say the Main Menu and the login form could have been placed somewhere above, so that it is easier for the visitors to navigate.
  • Design_Chris
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to go ahead and re-design the entire site. Going to ziygo.com now will bring you to a blue page, if you would like to review just click the link on that page, view it, then reply here with your review. All suggestions will be implemented by March 10th.
  • Prowlernet
  • Prowlernet

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well done, I like the content, and the easy to use template. However the ads are annoying though and should be dumbed down.
  • ddown
  • Born
  • Born
  • ddown

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well done, I like the content, and the easy to use template. However the ads are annoying though and should be dumbed down
  • hlx98007
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hlx98007

Post 3+ Months Ago

What?
You are only 15 years old?

Great design, layout.
You need a bit more information.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers