SITE REVIEW: Zoink UK Shopping Directory

• zoink
  • zoink

Post 3+ Months Ago

zoink uk shopping directory

About Zoink: Zoink is a free to list shopping directory for uk consumers.

I have not done much work on it so I know it's not great but I'd like help prioritising what are the major problems that need fixing.

Thanks.
  • zoink
  • zoink

Post 3+ Months Ago

I should say please don't bother reviewing the internal pages since I'm only working on the front page at the moment. Thanks.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well its very well organized. But...

1) You MUST MUST MUST define a background color. My default is a grey, and I am assuming you are relying on the default white, so it doesn't look right on my computer.

2) Perhaps you should spice up the links with a bit of CSS with the a:hover and such. The default blue could definatly be changed to something else, maybe having the hover be a dark grey or black.

3) How about moving the Introduction up above the feature sites and index links, and have it colspan='2' so it takes up the whole top. That way it would be the first thing people see. Maybe leaving out the word "introduction" and just putting the welcome line above it. Then have the rest as it is.

Hope that helps!

//Must have read this, thanks for adding in the background color :)
  • zoink
  • zoink

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your comments, I've added the bgcolor to the body (I've made that mistake in the past and for some reason I keep doing it) as for my style sheet I'm leaving that as it is for now, the blue color is not the default, its actually defined - it's a sort of pastel blue which i think goes with the pastel green of the site.

please post a site if you would like me to reciprocate a review
  • mustardplaster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mustardplaster
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh I like the site for what you have to do it does it perfectly. Simple easy and non intrusive.

The only thing that you may want to change and this is only personal.

When you click contact it auto loads default email proggi... Only prob is that lots of people use online web mail and they will have to cut and paste address (you may loose business). Create a form is easy for the customer and not hard to introduce to the site.

Overall it is simple and I like it.
  • CLKeenan
  • CLKeenan

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice, very clean cut layout. Makes it easier for new visitors to get accustomed to it and know whats going on.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers