SITE REVIEW: Zoki Soft

• crazzyDemon
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone

I would like to introduce our site Zoki Soft
Zoki Soft - Powerful Suite for Your Ideas

we have 3 products: link exchange directory, test based on ajax and poll also based on ajax.

So for me important what you think about design and site structure.

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sammahoney
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: divinemonkey.co.uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's nice and simple. Only thing I'd say is colours are a little bit soft, not much contrast - could maybe brighten it up a little bit. And maybe do a gradient on the background, with a shadow, just to add a little extra...I did something like this recently (http://www.meetchatshare.com). Just some suggestions!
  • crazzyDemon
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your suggestions sammahoney,
your idea about shadow looks nice, i think i will try
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

this might be silly, but it really bugs me how the site is surrounded by a nice dark gray background on both sides and below, but is stuck all the way to the top of the page so there is no gray margin above it.....

I can't really explain why I mind it, but I keep trying to scroll further up... just something about the color balance I guess...

also as r_t would say if he stopped by - there is no need to have an active link to the homepage on the homepage itself.... it'd be nice if you'd disable the link to the page the viewer is on, maybe even give it a rollover state so visitors will always know what page they're on.....

Otherwise it's really nice.
  • JasonStanley
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • JasonStanley
  • Loc: London, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you really need a home page. It seems almost identical to the products page. You could also do with a forum skin as the default phpbb skin just doesn't go with your site.

Apart from these 2 things I see nothing wrong with it. Its nice, its clean, its easy to use and understand. Good work.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

the W3C Validtor found 1 error on your page ... real easy to fix ... check it out here ...

Uhmm ... how about some rollovers in that top nav ... ? I think that would already add a lot to the design ...

Yes, celandine is right about the page being at the absolute top ... it just doesn't feel right ... I think give it about 10-20px up top ... for some 'breathing space' ...

celandine wrote:
also as r_t would say if he stopped by - there is no need to have an active link to the homepage on the homepage itself.... it'd be nice if you'd disable the link to the page the viewer is on, maybe even give it a rollover state so visitors will always know what page they're on.....

Thank you ... I would've said that immediately ... that's true ... I have been a bit inactive for a while, but I'm back now ... WooT!

I also think you need some other content on the 'home' page ... it's exactly like the 'products' page except for that one line of text ...

your site wrote:
We launch 3 new products on our site: SEO link directory, Polls and Test.

I think this should read ... "We have recently launched three new products on our site ... etc etc ..."

Also, how about a copyright statement at the bottom or something like that ... And I think that the "Page rendered in ..." is a bit unnecessary ... that's just my opinion ... and also, the directory link confuses me ... it's just there on its own, and I have no idea where it goes and what it does ... what directory is that?
  • blueberry287
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • blueberry287

Post 3+ Months Ago

we have 3 products: link exchange directory, test based on ajax and poll also based on ajax.

Good.
  • forumer147
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • forumer147

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it the simplicity adding to the uniqueness of the site. Keep up the good work and keep improving.
  • geekdw
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like how it is clean and simple, the links are easy to find and kept to a minimum. I will agree on the contrast comment, make some of the greens (including the text) a little darker, and maybe make the logo a bit bigger to make up for the bunches of free space around it (just try it see how it looks, I'm not sure). Other than that I have no ideas right now.

edit: thought of something else that's pretty much what someone else suggested too. You know how the bottom is rounded out? Do that to the top too. You can also get rid of the home page if it's the same as the products page, maybe add a news page instead?
  • acaglumac
  • acaglumac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Work on a design. it is too dry. make something cachy. And the colors are too light. Overall pretty good site. Pozdrav
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the website, and great software, But the forum looks a little dull.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers