• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• s][ren
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Lehigh Valley

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the flash banner on top. The flash menu is kind of anoying after a little while, but I'll deal. The little dotted lines around "welcome" and "whats new" look sort of funky, I don't know if you wanted to copy the flash effects in the menu, but I think you should just create an image for the headings.

The forum looks kinda wierd compared to the website, its totally different, def. change the template you used.

I like that you have a buddy icon and a chat in AIM thingy. :-)

-Ted

oh and sorry don't know CSS :( so can't help ya there
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

just one small thing i noticed, the page dosent load in the center when viewed in Mozilla Firefox. and i dont kno that much bout css style sheets either. other than that i dont know what else was wrong with it in Mozilla, also r they having ne concerts coming up soon, cuz i live in phoeniz too, and id go and check them out.

poly
  • CrazyP

Post 3+ Months Ago

text-align center works for IE but for other browsers you need to add margin: 0 auto;
I couldnt gt it to work right though so on my site I put everything in a container div and I use the foloowing CSS
Code: [ Select ]
left: 50%;

width: 774px;
top: 0px;
margin-left: -387px;
  1. left: 50%;
  2. width: 774px;
  3. top: 0px;
  4. margin-left: -387px;

774 being the width of my container and -387 which is half the width as a negative number. works in every broswer Ive tried
here is more on the issue
http://www.quirksmode.org/css/centering.html
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like your design. How's that for blunt :lol: I do, however, like some of your music-PM me if you want a little free exposure. On your CSS issues, take a look at my site and see what is different about my CSS. I had the same problem but couldn't figure it out so I had to pay rtm to do it :oops: Check out his site http://www.caffinefulled.net for CSS tutorials
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the navigation..n the layout seems fine to me
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reviews guys.

Thanks for the help onm trying to center the damn thing. I hope CSS3 will implement something to make centering DIV's easier. Maybe everyone should just switch to Opera considering that it was built with compliance in mind.

jlknauff, a little more details on what you don't like would be helpful. The layout? navagtion? colors? c'mon, your an expert, you should have a little more use than that!

CrazyP, thanks for that little hack there. I will definately try that one.

Poly, they are planning on a couple of concerts at some kinds battle of bands thing that I think is in Nov. Bookmark the site and check back every so often for more detailed info.
  • lestermagic.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lestermagic.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know nothing about css, but design wise I think its a little too boxy, and I have never really been a fan of the column design. Another thing; I was horribly offended at the size of your mp3 player... or was I?
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

The mp3 player resizes with the browser window. If you wanted it smaller you shoulda resized. As far as boxy goes, look at OZZU!!!!! A lot of websites are boxy nowadays, that is just the style. When CSS3 introduces a way that is standards to make rounded corners I am sure you'll see a lot more of it. As for now though, there are a lot of ppl accessing the site on 56k modems and I don't feel like slowing them down for some rounded corner images.
  • nmyers
  • nmyers
  • Loc: michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the colors and the background set up, but the photos dont seem to be working. Thats all i got
  • eSite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • eSite

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about different sounds for the top menu ?
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you mean like a different sound for each button or just use a little bit more user friendly sound?
  • MrSomeone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MrSomeone
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the music :D
And the site looks good, just the header moving in and out is a little annoying.

And for the CSS, change
body
{
padding: 2px;
text-align: center;
}
  1. body
  2. {
  3. padding: 2px;
  4. text-align: center;
  5. }

to
body {
  padding: 2px;
  text-align: center;
  margin: 0 auto;
}
  1. body {
  2.   padding: 2px;
  3.   text-align: center;
  4.   margin: 0 auto;
  5. }

-Someone
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce wrote:
I hope CSS3 will implement something to make centering DIV's easie

CSS2 has something to make centering divs easier. It looks like
margin: 0 auto;

Works in IE6, opera and Geckoesque browsers. It doesn't work in IE5. The reason it doesn't work in IE6 for you is because you ommitted your doctype. Use a doctype and it really makes things easier.

another blatent plug, but this should give you all you need to know about centering divs, and includes the reasons why CrazyP's centering method is a bad idea:
http://www.caffeinefuelled.net/layouts/ ... tered1.php

As for the aesthetic, it looks ok, although I'm not keen on the title zoom in and out and I really think you need something to break up the black. You could probably do with something that instantly tells you this is a band site and what kind of music they play, something to grab the visitors attention and I feel that your front page is lacking that

I'll check out the music when I get home ;)
  • vation
  • vation

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site. I think the sounds on the rollovers are particularly nice although a little on the load side. Everything looks clean and simple. I particularly how everything dynamically loads. I might suggest adding a few more graphics and flare to the header though. It might liven up the site a bit.

All in all i think it is a very well done site.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks RTM223! I finally got it centered.

About making everyone know it is a band site, what do you think about playing a music clip? A lot of other 'posters' say it is a bad idea but it will get the point across.

I had an intro I made in Flash before, but I suck at flash so I trashed it. I want to make a little video intro on there but they are so lazy that I can never get them to send me any footage to work with.
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice. Nothing bad to say :-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers