• Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator
  • Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all,

My website, needs a review :D

Short description:

Its about games, videogames to be exactly, and news, updates, reviews, previews, cheats etc etc :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

first off, well done with the site. good content and layout very easy to use and find stuff. better than some of the other gaming sites out there ;-)

things i would look at are:

1 the design - even though youve done a great job with the design, flash and animation work the site doesnt really look much different from all the other gaming sites out there...i personally would put the design/concept further, but it depends on what your after ;-)

some of the content formatting is a little ordinary, most likely the way the cms does it. example clicking on ps2 brings up the title and two games, maybe some thumbnails or pics would make it look better.. the layout and content on the home looks good with images etc and then you go onto the next page and two links....if you get what i mean. *more like the new realease page ;-)

thats all for now im off on holidays, hope that helps ;-)
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow nice site. Very nice design. Flows nicely suits the gaming concept very well.

First I noticed is that you don't have a site description. I know it's a gaming site, but what exactly does this site offer to the viewer? (this is taking into account that I didn't read your description above)

Displays great in all tested browsers, except for Opera where for some reason the footer ends right at the end of the browser, while in other browsers, the footer ends and there is still some black at the bottom.

I'd remove the mouseover effect on the header links (i.e. Xbox: Halo) it's confusing to the user. Just leave mouseover hovering effects for links.

I really don't like how everytime I click through the site and I've already turned off the sound, it starts up again on every single page. You should have it set up so the user can CHOOSE to either turn it on or off. Don't default it to on because most ppl are either listening to music or maybe watching tv and it interferes.

Your "return to index" aka HOME link isn't obvious enough. Try hyperlinking your logo as well.

Link to any style sheets/jvs externally, it will help your site load quicker.

Missing alt tags

Use a css to declare fonts instead of inline fonts
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice looking site - looks a lot like Gamespot however especially the fonts.

I nearly had a heart attack the first time I visited the site, I was not expecting the music. That's what I get for having the volume at 20% in Wnamp :) You should definitely give the visitor the option to turn off the music site-wide. It gets very irritating from page to page, that would make me leave the site for sure if I wasn't reviewing it.

Link the GameDrift logo to the homepage. I found it difficult to find my way back to your home page.

Very importantly the site needs descriptive keyword-rich page titles on each page. The search engines will not look favourably upon your site if it has only one page title site-wide.

As a matter of fact is this a new site? It's just that I found no links pointing to it when I searched on Google. Maybe some search engine optimization is needed.

Overall though impressive site and I am positive that it will be a success.
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good job. Nice layout and beautiful colours. I'm a fan of dark backgrounds so I'm envious right now :)
  • mison
  • Born
  • Born
  • mison
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Easy to navigate. Although a minor problem was sometimes I disliked the menu bar on the right hand side.
The music I think should definitely have the option to be turned off. At the time of viewing your website I had my own music playing and did not want to hear that repetitive tune in the background.

The website is definitely geared towards the type of audience, in terms of the flash, images and overall design. The gaming audience will like a bright and flashy design. This is done well on your website.

You have a lot of work ahead of you if want coverage of all the platforms e.g. Xbox.
Good Luck
  • thebestjams
  • Born
  • Born
  • thebestjams

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very colorful site, I like the menu animation, very tight site, nice load time, picture placement is good also,
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Gloucester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Were you have the Gamedrift TOP 5, possibly have the latest gaming news?

and yuk music is annoying.

Apart from that its awesome, and you know it!
oh and how quick is it on 56k?
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice.... sorta typical like mentioned on the layout as to other game site... but really cool... I found navigation easy as it doesn't have a full open page to scroll down.. Most links are not working and pics dont show but its a work in progress I see... about the heart attack someone almost had with the music I just pressed mute :P wow that's gotta be the most annoying thing in the world... please get rid of it though or visitors will be pressing the X above... :roll: I'm not a big fan of the links to other pages... since your working with flash make it all one page... but since your layout is the easiest to modify I'd keep it... overall fun site that looks professional
Its a keeper in my favorites, hope to see future updates
  • Toyminator
  • Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the comments all!
, gonna work on it tomorrrow, on EVERYTHING:
Music
Links
Logo hyperlink
Bugs
Thumnails
etc etc

Last but not least:

HAPPY NEW YEAR
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

good
  • trickedrides.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • trickedrides.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool animations. the colors blend together really well and the charachter images at the top help draw visitors into the site. i'm not sure if sound really helps. i hate when i have my speakers all the way up and unexpected sound comes blasting out from a webpage.
  • buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site looks really organised and good to view. i am not sure about the black thing tho. white signifies space and roominess and since black is the opposite of white i wonder what that says.

your text is very small and there is a lot of it. gaming sites that i have seen tend not to be so wordy or they use graphics to break up the text.

i like the flash element. doesnt look cluttered but a few more graohics wont hurt
  • Toyminator
  • Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

If I'm right what you ment, the blackness is fixed, it was a bug :D

Also, I added thumbnails of the consoles to every page, and fixed the sound of the flash. I'll update everytime I fixed 3 to 4 things :D
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

oO wow ! really nice site .. clean layout.. excellent contents.
Althou it takes some time to load but toher than that its a good site
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

how are you doing for traffic?

Nice one for removing the sound and sticking news in a more prominent place!
  • Toyminator
  • Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea it feels way better now, and for the traffic; I need to do some advertising still, but since Google updated the PR, its 3 now :P
  • Toyminator
  • Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Update:
Added a link to the logo.
Fixed some bugs.
Did all the alt tags.
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

have u considered affiliation with sites as this can bring new people in?
  • Toyminator
  • Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, I'm gonna get about 5 main affiliates at index instead of the links I have now. Do you got anything that can be improved/added? 8)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers