Facebook Quizzes being used to Hack Accounts ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ever had someone send you a quiz invitation on Facebook or another social networking site ?
Ever notice how these quizzes always have questions that look a lot like the "secret question" questions you have to answer when you forget a password somewhere ?

Every one of these applications I've ever used has asked me whether I want to allow the application to access information about me, information that would help an attacker find accounts I own elsewhere on the Internet. I wonder how many of these social networking gimmicks such as quizzes and questionnaires are being used simply for the purpose of collecting hints to what someones secret question answers are.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never use & never will use social networking sites, not to mention answering quizzes. I always had to clean my brother's machine from him using those things. At one point his user profile was so corrupt, I had to create a new user & move his documents.
  • Aresvista
  • Born
  • Born
  • Aresvista

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a lot of issues with facebook, in my opinion. For example, I have been sent many emails that state that one of my 'friends' is try to send me a youtube video but it's just malicious software, ie. virus', malware, etc. Be very careful!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts