Hiding Source Code

• abhijit
  • Born
  • Born
  • abhijit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I know there are many threads in here I have read all. I found from those threads that usually source code get hided by java script and I tried some by disable javascript. But today i found website like same but it was not done with java script because I have tried to check source by disable java scripts. Can any one tell me how can its done? because I have searched google that page is also search-able from google.

Regards,
Abhijit
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

What you're trying to do is like screaming your bank account number to one person across the room, and then looking for a way to stop everyone else in the room from hearing it.

You're wasting your time trying to hide the source code, time that would be better spent marketing your website so you don't need to hide the code since everyone will know who did it first. ;)
  • Rincewind
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is impossible to hide your html code while at the same time creating a working website. The code must be visible in order for the web browser to read it. However, it is possible to obfuscate the code. That is, make it difficult to read. For example by using ascii and html code entities in place of real text and by omitting line breaks and spaces between tags. So for example "A" becomes "A", "B" becomes "B", and so on.

However, if I really want to see your source, it's probably faster for me to de-obfuscate and tidy your code than it was for you to mess it up in the first place. Even javascript based encryptions are instantly decrypted by tools such as Firebug or Google Chrome's Developer Tools.
  • sixthsense
  • sixthsense
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

What Rincewind says, mind sharing the URL with the so called protection?

And even if it would exists for what purpose would you use it? On the internet is nothing unique anymore.
  • aryans77
  • aryans77

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are wasting ur time trying to hide ur source code
  • charcoal
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is so innovative do you have it your code you want to hide it? I think it's useless idea
  • mico
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Neo Universe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i need it for sure.
Because there ARE lazy people who did raw copy-paste from my source code. (w/out credit, n mine is kinda info site I work hard money+time to get 'em. What took it so hard to give a credit?)
Hell i knew it thanks to visitor stat & htaccess & nohotlink things.

The java script i put didnt work in IE+Mozila. I wonder why..

WHY GOD WHAAAAAAY~
  • Satwant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

abhijit wrote:
Hi,
I know there are many threads in here I have read all. I found from those threads that usually source code get hided by java script and I tried some by disable javascript. But today i found website like same but it was not done with java script because I have tried to check source by disable java scripts. Can any one tell me how can its done? because I have searched google that page is also search-able from google.

Regards,
Abhijit

There is no direct protection in Client side Scripting. For Example Your Source is Saved on Client Machine before Proceedings, So it is not possible to stop someone to read your source on Their machine.
Even If you Load Your JavaScript( in case java script) Dynamically, These are still Tools and Gurus which can easly view that scripts.

But any Of the protection mechanism still save u from Novice Copy Cats. :)

Edit:( My Progress Bar also show me a Novice :) )
  • BestTechnology

Post 3+ Months Ago

They can just use the Toolbar to bypass it. But alot of people copy and paste which means its a good idea.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts