Joomla 1.5 CMS

• wpas
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Is anyone running a Joomla 1.5.26 CMS site.

I am having a little security problem.

The reason I still have this site is because, if I upgrade to latest Joomla, many of my extensions will no longer work and there are none to replace them.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

What sort of security issue are you having? More information might be good so that if someone comes across this they can help your quicker.
  • wpas
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem is that I have some unauthorized content on my front page. I cannot seem to get rid of it.

I did go to the Joomla forum and did everything they asked me to and still could not get rid of this content.

Then they started getting too technical and started to confuse the heck out of me which I expressed to them but they still wanted me to do things which I did not understand.

I am hoping to speak to someone on a low level so that I can understand and try to apply any possible solution.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you say unauthorized content, are you saying someone has access to your website and is posting content? Unless you get into some specifics not sure how much we can help you. Can you post the link to the other thread?
  • wpas
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

what I mean is that it looks like someone printed an article and put it on my front page. I tried finding the source of this article but could not find it. It looks russian and all that appears are small square little boxex.

Here is the other thread

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=432&t=794624
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

From what I can tell your site is hacked then. It can be complicated to cleanup if you don't know what you are looking for. It may be simpler to start over with Joomla 3.x that will have better security built into it.

As they mentioned in the last thread, following through their instructions may be the best bet, or if that is too complicated for you, then you may want to hire someone to help you with it. My best advice would be to follow their guide and just do one thing at a time, and if you are unsure how to proceed with that step, then ask questions. If you you don't break down the steps it would likely get overwhelming if its new to you.

Or, if its an option, start over with a fresh copy of Joomla 3.x, and forget the mess you have to deal with on the Joomla 1.5 site. Your most difficult part that route would be transferring your content, or your theme if you have customized it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts