Keeping an Eye on Partner Sites

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you keep an eye on websites you partner up with regularly ?
If you don't, maybe you should. If you do, maybe you should look a little harder.

I was just doing a routine checkup of my partner site links to make sure I didn't have any dead links. I like to request the page using both my browser and through tools like Google Translate to get a heads up on new partners gaming Google and similar annoyances that will reflect badly on me for linking to them.

Today I discovered that a partners site had been hijacked by an "enlargement" spammer and was returning spam results only when Google requested the page. The site owner had no idea it was happening and was grateful for the heads up.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe I should start looking at my site through google thing and see if anything happened to my own site???

That would also be good and not only to check on the partner sites... check your own site.
  • bevs
  • Born
  • Born
  • bevs

Post 3+ Months Ago

well our site teamvinh has been parnered up with callconinc, i don't know the effect yet
  • meganisla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • meganisla

Post 3+ Months Ago

I regularly checks my backlinks with my partners. There are other webmasters that deletes your sites once you added them. I immediate email them to add my link once I found out its deleted. But if this instances happens twice, I delete their link in my site and banned this in my link partners list.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts