Any Advice on good places For back-links? Yahoo, Google, MSN

• rockisland
  • rockisland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any Advice on good places For back-links? Yahoo, Google & MSN ? I was thinking Yahoo Forums or Groups for backlinks... I know MSN likes Blogs for some reason.

Alexa would be cool too, so would OVT but arent they just linked in with Google and Yahoo?

I'm trying to promote 3 sites:
Nicdo.com - (domain auction / resale site)
TabsSpot.com - (Free tabs site)
UpperRanks.com - (Free SEO advice - info site)

I'm a newbie with traffic... PLEASE HELP!

I appreciate it.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a ton of things you will have to do to gain traffic and backlinks. I would suggest researching this forum as much as you can. You will find all the answers your looking for.

If these sites are new, I would suggest submitting your site to DMOZ and the Yahoo directory to start.
  • Jaddy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Jaddy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, directory submission is a good start, but you can have your links on forums and any blog sites related to your topic. Just submit links for more.

Step by step your site would improve. Have first at yahoo then google and compare the two results.

Have a good linking strategy.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jaddy wrote:
Well, directory submission is a good start, but you can have your links on forums and any blog sites related to your topic. Just submit links for more.

Step by step your site would improve. Have first at yahoo then google and compare the two results.

Have a good linking strategy.

I would rather have a DMOZ and Yahoo Directory listing than a 100 forum links. These two directories are very important.
  • rockisland
  • rockisland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks! I appreciate your help. I'll take all of the advice I can get! *lol*
  • Americantruckbuyer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Americantruckbuyer

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:

I would rather have a DMOZ and Yahoo Directory listing than a 100 forum links. These two directories are very important.

I too had submitted my 5 sites links to Yahoo and Dmoz directories but from that only one was listed and the other are still not.

I saw in others topics too that u have written to get listed in Dmoz and Yahoo ....but do u have any idea to get listed in those soon or for sure ?

Regards
Puneet M
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well Yahoo costs $299.00 per submission...you sure you submitted all 5 and only 1 got in?...so you lost $1,200? I don't think you submitted to the right Yahoo Directory. As long as you have non-spammy sites, you should be listed in the Yahoo Directory within a week after you pay.

As for DMOZ, that is another story. It can take up to a year to get listed. If you submitted your site before mid-December this year, I would submit again, as DMOZ had a big server outage and thousands of submissions were lost.
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may also try link building techniques if you really are serious in driving traffic in you site, do some research on link building techniques to get some more information.
  • KevinMilton
  • Born
  • Born
  • KevinMilton

Post 3+ Months Ago

so would OVT but arent they just linked in with Google and Yahoo

I'm trying to promote sites.........
  • ps3pro
  • ps3pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Submit to my site and i will back link to you . Also you can write in my forum and leave links :)
  • Jeperry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Jeperry

Post 3+ Months Ago

rockisland wrote:
Any Advice on good places For back-links? Yahoo, Google & MSN ? I was thinking Yahoo Forums or Groups for backlinks... I know MSN likes Blogs for some reason.

I dont think yahoo answer or groups will give you do follow backlinks.

You can get good amount of traffics from there.

If you want to collect link building then you can think about article and press release submission, social bookmarking as with forum posting and blogging.

• Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are lots of resources for creating backlinks for the website like - directory submission, article submission, press releases, forums, blogs, social bookmarking sites.
  • carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe Social Media Sites give lots of back links and traffic. So one can concentrate on social media sites based on their geographical locations.
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

DMOZ links are good but not as guarantees for the top rankings. The Yahoo directory links are really authority online votes and even Google recommends having them established.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts