Big problem with yahoo mail accounts

• paul112
  • Born
  • Born
  • paul112

Post 3+ Months Ago

I only use yahoo so i can confirm this is a yahoo problem only . thing is that in the last 2 weeks i've been getting mails from friends from my adress list , or even unknown people with different text , and with the same file atached
name of the file. SCR and it has 64k . This wouldn't be a problem , but other people have reported to me that they got same type of mail from my adress . thing is that i have multiple mail accounts , and i have 2-3 junk accounts that i for unsecure websites and registrations . i should mentioned that neither my friends or i have written or sent this type of emails . checked my sent emails and no sign of those items . it's like someone is sending these mails , and i appear as the one that sent it .

hope someone can help , or can tell me if he had the same problem .
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Paul,

I've never had this problem, and it sounds as if someone is using yours or your friends' email addresses to send spam emails. I'd definitely bring it to Yahoo! Mail's attention.

Sam
  • joshua77
  • joshua77
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Same thing happen to my friend six month before.better you should contact yahoo customer service they will take actions,but if you are using free service means it will take some extra time.
  • luffy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • luffy

Post 3+ Months Ago

i never experience this problem, but if the problem can't be solve the best solution is to change your yahoo email..is that related with yahoo group or what?

because i always receive a spam email from yahoo group even i never join any yahoo group...I'm so curious how they can get my email?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most likely one of your friends who has you (and perhaps others of your friends) on their address list has a virus. SCR files are screensaver files when they are legit. There's generally never a need to send a SCR file in email. Most likely when you receive an email with a SCR file attached you can be about 99.9% sure it contains a virus. Most likely the virus is using your friend's address book to send itself to others. Nearly impossible to tell which friend. Start by scanning your own PC for viruses, and suggest to your friends that they do also.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts