Clicking on link in Yahoo

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Question, when I search for my website in Yahoo based on certain keywords, I find it on page 83.

If people click on the link, will it slowly move up to page 82, then 81..? I mean, does the keyword / click combination make your website move up the ranks in Yahoo / Google?

For example, I notice the link in Yahoo does not go to my site, but it goes to a Yahoo tracker then to my site. So Yahoo IS tracking who clicks on what.

Here is why I ask. I have written a program that finds my link page and position on Yahoo, based on keywords. Should I bother to extend this program to click on my own link based on those keywords to slowly move it up the list?

Thoughts?

JM
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• PortProphecy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PortProphecy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't waste your time. Something like that will not improve your ranking or else everyone would be running such a script. Also, you may get yourself penalized or banned from the index for such action.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Outside of it working or not, does clicking on it impoive the ranking in the list?
  • PortProphecy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PortProphecy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a bit.
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that this does make a difference with goggle though If the person clicking on the link is from a different ip. It shows popularity.

Might be wrong, I've haven't tried it.
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

it doesnt make sense
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

So what you are saying is that if my site is say listed at position 9 in the SERPs and when my phrase is searched and my listing is selected move than the others my listing will not move up? I've always thought that that shows popularity over the other listings.

Is it purely up to Backlinks?
  • alpha
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

backlinks has lots to do with search engines, but consider also your current site's structure. Anothing thing, backlinks should composed of links with content related to your site to get a good rank.

lots of content related backlinks + site structure = good rank
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many people suggest having a sitemap on the site. What if we have 16 000 pages? That begins to get a little complicated. Any ideas how to structure a dynamic sitemap?
  • alpha
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool.. that's a big number for a site map.
why not include only the main category for your site map?
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the thing is the most of our pages are Area, Resort then hotel specific. I created 200 subdomains and got the BL's so those subdomains now have a PR of 2. But ideally I'd like to have our hotel pages come up in the results than only our sunbdomains for a hotel specific hotel search.
  • weblaunch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • weblaunch

Post 3+ Months Ago

If clicking on your own link moves you up in the SERPs, it must be a well-kept secret! I've never heard of this before. But who knows...maybe it's something that the search engines choose not to disclose. At any rate, it's unethical (if it works).
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure if this method would work or not but if you do it you would deff. need to add proxy support. performing the same search and clicking the same links in 'x' amount of time might get your IP blocked or banned from a search engine site. So I would deff set your script or program to use proxies but as I stated before, Im not even sure if the SE's go by click...
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well what I was thinking of doing was putting in a hidden IFRAME on my webpage, that points to the current click. Then, the IP's would be all over the place.

The first IFRAME would be search.yahoo.com?kywords

Then the next IFRAME would be clicked.yahoo.com?mydomainresult

So according to yahoo, the surfer is searching for keywords, and then clicking on my website as the result of that search.

Hmm...
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im not sure how the SE's will react to having a dozen hidden IFrames on your page....Do a search on google for 'clicking agent'...it has multi proxy support and does everything your looking for it to do..I think that would be your safest route if you decide to go through with this
  • PortProphecy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PortProphecy

Post 3+ Months Ago

If such a stunt actually worked, which I doubt it will, don't you think GIGANTIC companies like Google and Yahoo have ways of detecting such spammy techniques. Why try to trick them for a higher ranking when they may ban you permanently from their index. But to each his own. Keep us informed on the results if you decide to go ahead.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well no I don't think they would. I mean for example, they haven't figured out spoof sites.

For example: http://www.feedginger.com

That is a site I own, that has ZERO content on it, but generates about 2000 clicks a day. I have about 5 or 6 of those useless sites (go to bottom of partners and see the other sites), and I redirect 33% of the clicks to my site, for a total of about 2-3000 clicks a day directed to my site.

Google and Yahoo haven't figured out the most basic "fake site that captures searches and directs traffic to unrelated site".

So, I don't think they would figure out the auto click to raise the ranking thing either...

Comments?

JM
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

PortProphecy wrote:
If such a stunt actually worked, which I doubt it will, don't you think GIGANTIC companies like Google and Yahoo have ways of detecting such spammy techniques. Why try to trick them for a higher ranking when they may ban you permanently from their index. But to each his own. Keep us informed on the results if you decide to go ahead.

Why are there so many businesses on the web that sell traffic..you know..those adds you see all over saying "10,000 hits for $40"..untargetted and targetted...A number of these guys arent really sending you traffic...their using clicking programs instead..the SE's cant tell one hit from another..I think you fail to understand the network portion behind this method..The SE's see it as being a real hit and can't tell a clicking program is being used. Now do I think this will improve his ratings? I don't know about that, I doubt it will...
  • PortProphecy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PortProphecy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

Why are there so many businesses on the web that sell traffic..you know..those adds you see all over saying "10,000 hits for $40"..untargetted and targetted...A number of these guys arent really sending you traffic...their using clicking programs instead..the SE's cant tell one hit from another..

Interesting point. I know that these "fake" traffic programs register as real hits. But the poster is wondering whether he can improve his rankings with "fake" hits. I have never heard anyone claim an improvement in rank by using fake traffic programs.
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

PortProphecy wrote:
Quote:

Why are there so many businesses on the web that sell traffic..you know..those adds you see all over saying "10,000 hits for $40"..untargetted and targetted...A number of these guys arent really sending you traffic...their using clicking programs instead..the SE's cant tell one hit from another..

Interesting point. I know that these "fake" traffic programs register as real hits. But the poster is wondering whether he can improve his rankings with "fake" hits. I have never heard anyone claim an improvement in rank by using fake traffic programs.

I have to agree with you there! I dont think generating fake hits is going to bring your rankings up any

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts