Does being listed in Yahoo directory increase PR in Google?

• lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to know if getting listed in Yahoo Directory will increase pagerank or just generate more traffic?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would use the Yahoo Directory for either. What I have found, and why I continue to submit to the Yahoo Directory, is because it will help you in Yahoo's free search. About 7-9/10 times, when I submit a site to the Yahoo Directory, in less than a month, my main keyword phrase is on page 1 in Yahoo's Seach and the listing is the Yahoo Directory listing.
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the advice vetofunk,

I'm going to try Yahoo directory out and see what happens.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just make sure you use your company name for the title and don't make the description to spammy, but try to get a few keywords in...just not to many as they may rewrite it.
  • markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think submitting a site to Yahoo Directory will increase Page Rank of the site. In fact i'm of the opinion that it could give some traffic mainly from Yahoo.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

As I mentioned above, it will help positioning. Also, Google even recommends submitting your site there:

http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... swer=35769

"Submit your site to relevant directories such as the Open Directory Project and Yahoo!, as well as to other industry-specific expert sites."
  • jakomo
  • Born
  • Born
  • jakomo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
Submiting your site to Google will help you with your serp, no with your Page Rank, of course if you have a PR0 and you link your site in a PR4, this will help you.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

lajocar wrote:
I would like to know if getting listed in Yahoo Directory will increase pagerank or just generate more traffic?

Well....getting listed in yahoo directory sure help to rank well on yahoo for yar keywords and help to increase traffic but I do not think that it will help in getting higher Page rank....
  • nicolemurphy
  • Born
  • Born
  • nicolemurphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Getting in yahoo directory certainly helps in increasing PR. with my exp i see y directory passing the most link juice.
  • briteguy1227
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • briteguy1227
  • Loc: Seattle, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

From my company's ecommerce sales/transaction, subscribe to yahoo directory definitely brings a lot more traffic.
  • erikko
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • erikko

Post 3+ Months Ago

i believe it also affects PR even though Yahoo is a competitor SE, it is still a powerful directory
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool, so a Yahoo dir link is good to have.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko

Post 3+ Months Ago

lajocar wrote:
cool, so a Yahoo dir link is good to have.

Yes.......Its really good to have listed in Yahoo directory....it helps to rank well not only on yahoo but other search engines too....
  • aira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • aira

Post 3+ Months Ago

imo, there's a possibility for an improvement in ranking and traffic when your site got listed in Yahoo's main directory.. that would be the benefits that a site can get
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

lajocar wrote:

Well if your link in yahoo get indexed then it helps.
  • waliarohit
  • waliarohit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yahoo directory improve your SERP ranking and somehow your page rank too.
  • waliarohit
  • waliarohit

Post 3+ Months Ago

That effect on your SERPS result and somehow in your page rank
  • lakelandprinting
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lakelandprinting
  • Loc: Lakeland, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

lajocar wrote:

If you read Google's own Webmaster Guidelines, they actually mention the Yahoo directory as a good inlink. It does not help your ranking in Yahoo though, like someone in this thread suggested. i simply spend the 300 bucks for the first year to gain credibility. Then I don't renew. It never affected my ranking afterwards.
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Submitting your website in yahoo directory helps in ranking in yahoo search engine but I don't think it helps for website's PR, there are many more factors for improving your PR.
  • Samuraii
  • Student
  • Student
  • Samuraii

Post 3+ Months Ago

No doubt that yahoo directory increase page rank, to some extend. The thing is that you have to collect everything useful for improving your page rank.
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are getting listed in Yahoo directory, it does not guarantee that will increase your page rank but additional inbound links for your site. It is not guarantee also that it will generate traffic for your site.You should not focus on the Yahoo directory but on other link building process.
  • StarBucks
  • Student
  • Student
  • StarBucks

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google crawls Yahoo directory pages so in short it is a big help boosting some rankings
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

aira wrote:
imo, there's a possibility for an improvement in ranking and traffic when your site got listed in Yahoo's main directory.. that would be the benefits that a site can get

probably yes or no... The main benefit of having a yahoo directory listing is the fact that it seems to help many sites in their ranking on the yahoo search engine. Not all, but many.
  • grishamist
  • Student
  • Student
  • grishamist

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gain reputation on your site by social networking. Gaining reputation is hard but if you have a great reputation, the chances of having a high PR is big.
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Submission of website in Yahoo directory is also helpful but for getting effective results in Google and increasing of PR depend on the relevant backlinks and informative updated contents.
  • kscuk
  • kscuk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google uses a lot of criteria when creating calculating PR..
I'm sure google look preferably on sites with listings in quality directories like yahoo and dmoz. I don't think them alone will neccessarily increase your PR although using that as part of you bigger plan along with other measures, should help.
  • grishamist
  • Student
  • Student
  • grishamist

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree. I don't think also submitting on Yahoo directory increases Google page rank. On some point, yahoo can promote your site to increase backlinks and traffic on your site.
  • shansilva
  • Born
  • Born
  • shansilva

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yahoo directory submission will help to improve your yahoo SERP and google page rank. But you can't expect, more traffic from yahoo directory. I have few sites that listed in yahoo. They all are high rank on yahoo search result.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts